Suns in the Media - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

What we can take away from this is that Rowell is actually the AFL All-Time Clearance king and I won't hear otherwise.

Suns Board Lore. It is written.
Clearly Rowelly is numero uno. I demand an official recount using modern methods :D

J Witts has re-signed for another two years with the club, happy for him, but I guess that means Ned Moyle will be gone at the end of this year. Not sure what that means. If we’re regularly playing finals into years time and Witts is gone and clearly viable option has also been pushed out. Thoughts?

Jared Witt has re-signed for another two years with the club, happy for him, but I guess that means Ned Moyle will be gone at the end of this year. Not sure what that means. If we’re regularly playing finals into years time that wits is gone and clearly viable Has also been pushed out. Thoughts?
IMO, Moyle still has a long way to become number 1 ruck. Beside ruck craft he is very limited, tank also questionable. Mac/Read in a couple of years is exciting. Witts still has 3-4 years left in him probably.

J Witts has re-signed for another two years with the club, happy for him, but I guess that means Ned Moyle will be gone at the end of this year. Not sure what that means. If we’re regularly playing finals into years time and Witts is gone and clearly viable option has also been pushed out. Thoughts?
Trade in another ruck when Witts is finished.

It is definitely not this cut and dry.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Depends on moyles options. Most number one spots are taken in the league and as Jen said in the other thread he is limited to ruck position only he might just stay where he is until something better comes along

You would think someone like a Hawthorn or Richmond with Nank winding down or WC perhaps could be options if he was to leave.
Nankervis is 2 years younger than Witts.

Hawks have young Reeves and Meek. Is Moyle better than them right now?

WC got Flynn, B Williams (huge improvement last year) and could possibly end up with English.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do love our top four mids in Miller, Rowell, Anderson and Flanders. As mentioned in the article, they are all two way runners.

I’ve like that handball chains are good to watch. You can see the synergy is already there. Two way running is one thing, but running in waves going forward looks even better. Some of our stoppage work has never looked so good too, with the ability to get it to the outside in quick chains.

Still have hopes for Humphrey, but my expectations on him this year are cooling atm. He’s got a bit of work to do. An “almost” at the moment.

An elite winger with speed would take us to the very top of midfield groups though.

I do love our top four mids in Miller, Rowell, Anderson and Flanders. As mentioned in the article, they are all two way runners.

I’ve like that handball chains are good to watch. You can see the synergy is already there. Two way running is one thing, but running in waves going forward looks even better. Some of our stoppage work has never looked so good too, with the ability to get it to the outside in quick chains.

Still have hopes for Humphrey, but my expectations on him this year are cooling atm. He’s got a bit of work to do. An “almost” at the moment.

An elite winger with speed would take us to the very top of midfield groups though.
I think with Humphrey he’s just trying to do a bit too much when he’s near it at the moment, probably to prove he is worth the hype. When he learns to just let the game come to him he will be a beast to stop. Will just take some experience, which is hard to get in the middle with the Fab4 firing.

Some of the stuff he can do in the contest when playing on instinct is incredible. And the multiple shots on goal last week were reassuring for his confidence to get his hands on the ball in the right position. Just needs to work on his finishing still.

Personally, I think we need to run more players through the middle otherwise we will tire later in the season (or even later in games).

Personally, I think we need to run more players through the middle otherwise we will tire later in the season (or even later in games).
Someone like Rosas or Berry could go in there 2 times a game each.

Maybe an Ainsworth to pinch hit.

Swallow, too, could do a couple.

We have options. Strange we don’t do a few more things.

Kane Cornes has said the last two days on sen that he thinks the suns have the best midfield in the competition

Geez we must be doing something right with Cornes, our biggest supporter recently
I’m waiting to see how we stack up against the better midfields before making such a grand statement. Richmond and Adelaide are average ATM.

Still, our midfield is looking really good and has a lot of potential for further improvement.

Gold Coast Sun Brandon Ellis ahead of game 250 - Friday 22nd March

SEN Afternoons

Remove this Banner Ad

Back