North Melbourne Kangaroos v Fremantle Dockers - Marvel Stadium 1:45pm
Hawthorn Hawks v Melbourne Demons - MCG 4:35pm
Sydney Swans v Essendon Bombers - SCG 7:30pm

Western Bulldogs v Gold Coast Suns - Mars Stadium 1:00pm
Richmond Tigers v Port Adelaide Power - MCG 4:00pm
West Coast Eagles v GWS Giants - Optus Stadium 6:50pm

Byes: Brisbane Lions, Carlton Blues

Blast From the Past:

Introducing a new concept for these weekly threads, a guernsey 'Blast From the Past'.

This idea was created by @rljerseys
on Instagram which he picks an NRL game from the last 20 years and show the match up for the corresponding matchup in the current 2024 round. His idea leans towards special jerseys only worn once or twice and only in a regular season game. I have brought this idea to the AFL, starting this week and looking at games of the last 30 years in regards for the weekly matchups. Further credit to Mero and footyjumpers.com for the resources provided.

Here is Round 2!

Here's my set of predictions for this round
St Kilda 1A.png v Collingwood 2B.png Adelaide 1A.png v Geelong 1B.png North 1B.png v Fremantle 1A.png
Hawthorn 1A.png v Melbourne 1B.png Sydney 1A.png v Essendon 1A.png Western 1A.png v Gold Coast 2A.png
Richmond 1A.png v Port 2B.png West Coast 1A.png v GWS 2B.png
Giants confirmed to be wearing the new clash jumper on Instagram. North vs Fremantle is the only one I'm unsure of, I just think the inverse for shorts would be incredibly garbage. Let's hope North wear the white shorts I guess.
Link to icons here.

Last edited:
View attachment 1934786vView attachment 1934788 View attachment 1934789vView attachment 1934790 View attachment 1934791vView attachment 1934792
View attachment 1934795vView attachment 1934796 View attachment 1934798vView attachment 1934801 View attachment 1934803vView attachment 1934802
View attachment 1934804vView attachment 1934806 View attachment 1934807vView attachment 1934808
Giants confirmed to be wearing the new clash jumper on Instagram. North vs Fremantle is the only one I'm unsure of, I just think the inverse for shorts would be incredibly garbage. Let's hope North wear the white shorts I guess.
Link to icons here.
I have a good feeling North in blue and Freo in white based on last year's North home games but wouldn't mind seeing something different

I have a good feeling North in blue and Freo in white based on last year's North home games but wouldn't mind seeing something different
You might be right, although North's only home game in their past 7 meetings was in 2020 when North were in the blue home. I'll take my chances here but I figure royal and purple is probably clashy enough for them to put North in the white shorts.

Suns will be rocking this classici
View attachment 1934978
Ooh, forgot about this. Funnily enough though I downloaded the new update for AFL23 that had 2024 jumpers and lists in it and this was the only main jumper that was missing for whatever reason. Either way I'll update my prediction to include this jumper, hopefully the Suns wear this in every away game this year (clash permitting).

Blast From the Past:

Introducing a new concept for these weekly threads, a guernsey 'Blast From the Past'.

This idea was created by @rljerseys
on Instagram which he picks an NRL game from the last 20 years and show the match up for the corresponding matchup in the current 2024 round. His idea leans towards special jerseys only worn once or twice and only in a regular season game. I have brought this idea to the AFL, starting this week and looking at games of the last 30 years in regards for the weekly matchups. Further credit to Mero and footyjumpers.com for the resources provided.

Here is Round 2!

Similar but different: https://www.facebook.com/gridironuniforms

View attachment 1934786vView attachment 1934788 View attachment 1934789vView attachment 1934790 View attachment 1934791vView attachment 1934792
View attachment 1934795vView attachment 1934796 View attachment 1934798vView attachment 1934801 View attachment 1934803vView attachment 1935232
View attachment 1934804vView attachment 1934806 View attachment 1934807vView attachment 1934808
Link to icons here.

We should be in what you have suggested but I can see it being this:

1711074357427.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freo can wear all purple and there'll be no issue with us in blue shorts, if anything them in white makes it worse
So stupid.

Roos should be in white shorts

But If not, either way freo should be in purple shorts.

Wtf would they add more white to there kit??

This is a bad sign for the season ahead

Would love to see freo ditch the current shade of purple and go a lighter shade, the current one from a distance looks more navy. A lighter shade will have more of an identity

Would love to see freo ditch the current shade of purple and go a lighter shade, the current one from a distance looks more navy. A lighter shade will have more of an identity
being at the ground today for north vs freo, freos jumped looked almost black from afar. looked even darker when players drench their jumpers in sweat/water.

So stupid.

Roos should be in white shorts

But If not, either way freo should be in purple shorts.

Wtf would they add more white to there kit??

This is a bad sign for the season ahead

The league still haven't learnt, despite the AFLW ditching white shorts, that one team does not have to be in white. It's so preventable. WHYYYYYY

The league still haven't learnt, despite the AFLW ditching white shorts, that one team does not have to be in white. It's so preventable. WHYYYYYY
North have obviously made a huge complaint and the AFL caved. Geelong still wear white shorts in home games, why can't North? Either apply the rule to both of them or not at all.

I know I keep on about this, but why isn't Freo in Purple shorts today?

And Geelong in Navy would have been fine for round one.

I know I keep on about this, but why isn't Freo in Purple shorts today?

And Geelong in Navy would have been fine for round one.
See above. North have obviously kicked up a stink.

I mean, look. Home games yada yada, I get that. But there surely comes a time where they sit back and think "does it really matter? It's still our home game."

The white "G" looks ten times better than the charcoal "G" for the Giants away guernsey.

Still wish they did something more with the design though. Basically a glorified training guernsey.

Wouldnt mind white numbers to complete the look. Maybe Charcoal socks too!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back