Preview 2024 Round 2 Freo v Roos

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Star Wars GIF
he was so hot back then lol

He has learnt how to kick 45m. He had no issue finding the ball last year. Penetration was the issue. If he sorts that out he will be at least a solid B grader for them long term. Good on him.
Not sure why that's put on Henry. It really looks to me like his development has gone through the roof. He's now expected to make kicks we didn't ask him to do, and do inside midfielder things.

The meme on here is he left for the bright lights of Melbourne and... fashion. Looks to me like he may have left for football reasons.

Not sure why that's put on Henry. It really looks to me like his development has gone through the roof. He's now expected to make kicks we didn't ask him to do, and do inside midfielder things.

The meme on here is he left for the bright lights of Melbourne and... fashion. Looks to me like he may have left for football reasons.
nah, he left for Henry - look at his hair!

Where do you think he developed? If you think it's in one preseason at the Aints, I've got a bridge to sell ye.

I will always consider him a turncoat and will boo him if/when I go to a home game vs St Kilda. Leaving after we stuck with him as an NGA product despite him being a disappointment in 2022 particularly is too much for me to feel otherwise.

That being said, I've always thought that his best role is as a half fwd flanker or fwd-mid type role, where he's getting his touches in dangerous positions and making things happen rather than an up-and-down winger getting touches quite deep. That was his role in 2021 when he was inconsistent but exciting in patches, he became this up-and-down winger last year where he got a lot of touches but you didn't feel his influence, and now again in a more fwd-mid type role he looks like a far better version of 2021 Henry rather than resembling 2023 Henry in any real way.

I can see why he was pushed into a more pure wing role given the list situation, but I think the role he plays now is the role he is supposed to be playing.

I will always consider him a turncoat and will boo him if/when I go to a home game vs St Kilda. Leaving after we stuck with him as an NGA product despite him being a disappointment in 2022 particularly is too much for me to feel otherwise.

That being said, I've always thought that his best role is as a half fwd flanker or fwd-mid type role, where he's getting his touches in dangerous positions and making things happen rather than an up-and-down winger getting touches quite deep. That was his role in 2021 when he was inconsistent but exciting in patches, he became this up-and-down winger last year where he got a lot of touches but you didn't feel his influence, and now again in a more fwd-mid type role he looks like a far better version of 2021 Henry rather than resembling 2023 Henry in any real way.

I can see why he was pushed into a more pure wing role given the list situation, but I think the role he plays now is the role he is supposed to be playing.
100%

Well back in the day Ross did sort out
Walters.
Back to the future.

My post was a compliment. He lacked penetration last season and has built that this year. He was a C grader last season and improved off two games to at least a solid B grader. That is high praise. I haven’t said anything about the other stuff.

Henry is Shai Bolton lite

He looked a hell of a lot tougher than nick daicos who honestly looked scared

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My post was a compliment. He lacked penetration last season and has built that this year. He was a C grader last season and improved off two games to at least a solid B grader. That is high praise. I haven’t said anything about the other stuff.
I acknowledge that your post is a compliment.

My comment is more about where the responsibility lies for some of the criticisms players cop.
  • Ryan kicking to the same place/player on the boundary line is not a Ryan issue. He can put it anywhere.
  • players bombing it long to the forward line is a strategy issue. And if players aren't following the strategy, get them out.
  • Hughes and Banfield routinely getting games is recognition that they are doing what they are in the team to do.

Henry taking short kicking options is in the same vein. And he isn't going to put himself in at the bouncedowns.

Last edited:

Yes he is a turncoat. I don't boo ex players, but I enjoyed Schulz being in a losing Pies side. And I would have enjoyed Henry being in a losing Saints side a little bit more.

I acknowledge that your post is a compliment.

My comment is more about where the responsibility lies for some of the criticisms players cop.
  • Ryan kicking to the same place/player on the boundary line is not a Ryan issue.
  • players bombing it long to the forward line is a strategy issue.
  • Hughes and Banfield routinely getting games is recognition that they are doing what they are in the team to do.

Henry taking short kicking options is in the same vein. And he isn't going to put himself in at the bouncedowns.

Yes, I understand that. And think that Henry has kicked goals this year and today that he wasn't making the distance on at Freo. It is an improvement and he should be commended.

I think both things are true.

Why is Tabs called Crabener? Is there some deep lore I'm unaware of?

Why is Tabs called Crabener? Is there some deep lore I'm unaware of?
When he joined us, he had hard hands and when he tried to mark the ball just bounced off them, like a crab. As a bonus, crab is also a term for a s**t player :p

Tabs is the logical choice. It’s for Amiss to get pressure off him, to do his thing.
Tabs isn’t a slouch. He ll get a second defender at least. Treacy to roam free yet again

There’s a lot of interest in how our key defenders go this week.

Last week it was hogan 6, Riccardi 3 and Cadman 2. It’s a new defence but I think it lines up like this

Amiss 196cm - Dawson 196cm

Tabener 197cm - Pink 194cm

Treacy 195cm - Corr 194cm

Back