Preview 2024 AFLM Round One: Fremantle versus Brisbane (Sunday 17/3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah but why can’t Brodie play his role that he’s really good at and more versatile players do the more versatile stuff like in his first season with us?

I’d rather have someone who is elite at one role and only performs that role than someone who is bang average at multiple roles.
The excuse that always appears seems to be that he doesn't have the tank to run out the game, and we can't afford to have both him and Fyfe in there.

I don’t think the AFL realise how much of an advantage teams that played Opening Round get when they play a team that haven’t played anything but scratchies for the entire preseason. Brisbane essentially get a free game to dust off the cobwebs and iron out deficiencies in their game early - unfortunately it’s hard to see a way we win this one.

Hopefully we put up a fight and make it close, I think Youngy will get votes.

Like how Brisbane lost 2 of their best to injury?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The excuse that always appears seems to be that he doesn't have the tank to run out the game, and we can't afford to have both him and Fyfe in there.
He was playing >70% game time and still racking up 40 touches at times. I get the argument for him not being in the team with Fyfe but what was the excuse for not playing him when Fyfe was out

Dang it, I make the sacrifice and get on board and choose JOM as my buddy for the season - and look what happens!!
Once again, it is the BpG Buddy Blight!!
He needs you more than ever now.

I’m guessing Hughes will get Cameron first, Charlie’s always going to do some freakish one on one things, just hope I don’t see him losing Hughes around stoppages .

With their outs I think we’re right in this if we are switched on from the get-go, the height advantage we have forward will only work if we get some isolation and our delivery is clean (come on down Youngy !).

I like the use of Treacy as back up ruck, it allows MacDonald or Pearce to rest and us to ease Cox back in with restricted minutes.

Can’t wait for bouncedown !!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not a big fan of Brisbane having the week off after playing us, they'll try and catch us coughing up cobwebs while they empty the tank knowing they have two weeks to recover.

Yeah I agree but the bigger issue for me is they have blown the cobwebs away and we haven’t. No matter how much training and practice matches you do, the first game of the year is always a step up, so hopefully we stay with them early and eventually settle into the task. I’ve got to say though I have a good feeling about this game🫰

Stunned that Will Brodie continues to be the emergency. Must have been this at Gold Coast so many times and starting to be a trend at Fremantle. Doesn’t get to play all weekend unless lower grade is after and in town. Like Young’s addition to the middle so makes it tough. Then expected to come in and fire straight away, but that’s the given and expected of fringe players. Others like O’Meara seem to get a lot more leniency for s**t games.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com
O'Meara only gets games because of his name. Super overrated

Hayden Young, future Brownlow medalist imho and our BOG against Port 3 weeks ago, starting on the pine?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back