Autopsy 2024 Rd 5 Blundering Blues give game away to Crows

Who played well for the Blues in Round 5 vs the Crows?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Vossys mantra has been like for like. Then Cerra comes out and he replaces him with a lumbering giant, wtf. Ollie is a great trier and does some good things. But, he should be playing in the VFL. He is consistently ragdolled, because he is 6 or 7 kilo's underweight. Orazio should also not be in our team. He does not do near enough and he is not kicking goals.

It was like for like. - Vossy replaced one Italian with another. Unfortunately it didn’t help our set up.

How is predicting

Brisbane -- loss
Richmond -- win
North -- win
Fremantle -- win
Adelaide -- win

Not equal to that?

We won a game I thought we shouldn't have and let a golden opportunity at 5-0 slip.

Not sure how "4 and 1 is still better than anyone predicted" when the majority would have predicted the result we have now.

So at worst, we are where we should be

Lay out our season losses, we can review it end of year together

Can't win them all but I was just in disbelief with our skills. The constant fumbles. This is eerie similar to last year. We just don't look convincing. We've only blown one team away and it was North.

Don't think this is our year. Was really hoping our form would carry on from last year but we've been worked out.

We brought suffocating pressure to blow the game apart early in the final term and did so but then didn't back it up, feel like they are just coasting through games content on staying in the contest rather then trying to win it and it finally bit them on the arse. Need to start to taking these games away from the opposition earlier and get them to give up if you keep leaving it late you invite the opposition to keep trying.

Defense was pretty poor with the amount of players they allowed to roam loose in adelaides f50, bit of a wake up call before a tough run of games that will shape our season probably a kick in the arse we needed but hurts top 4 chances.

Would have been a cracking game to watch for the neutral, barely 2 goals in it all day

Poor game to drop. Biggest issue for me is how easily they got out the back on turnover and especially out of our D50 - I can’t remember one time we successfully ran it out from our half back line, yet I can remember them getting out multiple times with that ******* racist pig Walker as the release kick and then once of their smalls running into the open space behind.

Really shows how much we miss having our top 3 small/medium forwards all out with injury - Owies doesn’t put any pressure on, Fantasia is peripheral at best, and I almost forgot Durdin was out there most of the game. Martin/Motlop/Fogarty push them all out if fit… but that’s the big if.

Charlie needs to get his kicking right, should have kicked 6.
Kemp seriously needs to cut the brain fades

Only real positive was Walsh. Glad he got through unscathed, and played as well as he did.

I was at game and was really watching our forward line. EVERYTIME we kick it inside 50 it is deep to McKay & Curnow and the opposition defenders all go to that position. It is so predictable. Numerous times we have players on their own and were ignored. It’s POOR football.

Our kicking and vision is very poor

Our smalls need to do more but to be fair they aren’t given a chance because of the way we play.

Did the freo game over in adelaide take it out of us??

We didnt appear to have the usual pressure/intensity around the ball.

Seem to be a little flat footed.

In the last quarter we tried really hard but injuries got us in the end I think...

not having fogs high pressure game was sorely missed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh well, you win some, lose some.

Crows trouble us with their pace. We are better suited to slower, more contested games where we can set up defensively. They cut us up on thr slingshot and their kicking inside 50 was exceptional.

We really lack high quality small forwards without Motlop and Martin. We missed Saad defensively and offensively.

Could be a rough block until we get some players back.

It's a long season, there will be ups and downs. Just gotta stick in there and get momentum at the right time of the year.

Not like we have been poor this year, nor will any side go unbeaten

Not poor, but not performing up to the level we think our players are at. Clawing and scratching for everything. As has been pointed out, we could easily have been 1-4.

What people say about Pittonet is mostly correct, but I posit he brings a central solidity to Carlton we slightly lack with TDK.

I want them to build on that, give the big man a solid run at it to bring him back into form.

Long year, so we need to build strength in the team and I am certain Pitt makes us stronger.

One thing that’s unmistakable at the ground: Boyd’s kicking is outrageously good.

Perfect delivery to both key forwards at crucial times, both missed the subsequent shot on goal.
I agree.

First game I've been able to attend in a long time, and it's this one.

:(

This, scoring shots can fool you in my opinion.

There is a reason they were so accurate in front of goal, they lowered their eyes and got easy shots on goal. Our shots? Almost all of them had no method to them or were just tough shots.

Again; if we do not find a proper method inside 50 soon we are never going to be the side we should be.
What worried me all game was the ease in which they got their goals and how well they would spot up I50 options - marks I50 were 11 to 4 at 1/2 time, sums up what I’m saying. 11 to 18 at game’s end, yuck

Back