Autopsy 2024 Rd 5 Blundering Blues give game away to Crows

Who played well for the Blues in Round 5 vs the Crows?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I bet no one would have had us 4 and 1 after 5 games, no one

Not sure you can say that.

Had us losing to Brisbane

Had us beating Richmond (more than we did), North, Fremantle and Adelaide in Melbourne.

I think we're where we should be considering the opening round.

But Adelaide Oval and Adelaide (anywhere) are danger games for us. We don't play well at AO and don't match up well against the Crows.

Pittonet papers are stamped. I’m not convinced his clearance work even matters anymore. We just look better with the extra runner, and TDK needs to play solely in the middle to be at his most effective.

Ollie Hollands lost every single 1 on 1 contest today. Doesn’t stick tackles. He’s not a good user of the footy. And he is not hard at the contest.

I just hope there’s some players coming back next week because I’d be making at least 4 changes.

OUT: Saad (hammy), McGov (hammy), Pittonet (dropped), O Hollands (dropped), Fantasia (dropped).

You can’t concede 16 goals against a bottom 4 side. Giants will tear us a new one next week if thats the case

Not every side will kick 16.4 though. They were very efficient in front of goal, part of that due to their ease of entries mind you.

The Dees conceded 23 shots to the Crows
Freo 14, but the game was a dead fizzer
Cats 22

Today wasn’t our day. Crows were on and looked back to their best. We aren’t going to go 23-0 and things like accuracy and injury will sway games in what is a very even competition.

Too much top end talent for them not to be in most games. But maybe not enough collective skill level for them to put away teams, which opens the door.

Communication after they go up 16 was dreadful.

Need a big performance next week.

Two ruck experiment must stop now.

Who cares about the clearance count when we are being torched for speed and agility all over the ground once the ball leaves the contest.

We were poor. They were great. A nice reality check and better to have these losses now than at the end of the season.

Sorry mate but respectfully I disagree. I actually thought TDK and Pitto were among our best players and gave us plenty of opportunities to get our game going. The midfield probably only broke even - both sets of midfielders played pretty well - the problem was the defence and forward line. Both lines were guilty of not playing the percentages and/or making fundamental errors.

If that gollum looking midget goal umpire campaigner doesn't call that an imaginary touched goal, we win.

What a ******* disgraceful game by the men in fluoro. Disgrace..
Yeah, nah.

We lost that game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was a long time coming. We've played one good game this year and three bad ones where we fell over the line. Massive wake up call. I love you Sam Walsh.

Not sure you can say that.

Had us losing to Brisbane

Had us beating Richmond (more than we did), North, Fremantle and Adelaide in Melbourne.

I think we're where we should be considering the opening round.

But Adelaide Oval and Adelaide (anywhere) are danger games for us. We don't play well at AO and don't match up well against the Crows.
So no one had us 4 and 1

Looks like the optimists have turned to pessimists in just one game
that was abysmally shyte mate - also I have never been an optimist anyway .

I'm over Owies - totally over him.

Too arrogant thinking it was gonna happen .. weitering was too arrogant playing off walker like he had never torched him before … keays torched us again and seriously no half forwards … owies is pathetic … run 2 steps and slot that goal …2 rucks down work so choose pitto or tdk both are average so who cares but don’t play 2

So no one had us 4 and 1

How? The only game I had us losing was to Brisbane but I acknowledged potential danger games.

The TDK/Pittonet combo does not work. TDK is clearly ahead as #1 ruck and Harry plays much better when he is on the ball.

Boyd is our best kick by a country mile. Only one who can hit a leading forward on the chest consistently.

Can also now see why we pursued Gresham.
We are missing a classy small forward/3rd option and we’re just not getting it from our healthy list.

We always get the yips against the Crows. Time to move on and remember how to play with pressure and poise.

Back