Autopsy 2024 Rd 5 Blundering Blues give game away to Crows

Who played well for the Blues in Round 5 vs the Crows?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

We're an average team held together by two dominant forwards. Our midfield has been smashed in centre bounces, clearances, and contested possession in almost every game this year. We lack a second KPD to help Weitering. The problems are obvious. The solutions are much harder to figure out.
15 outta 18 games is better than avg

I respect you a lot Wickzi, but we absolutely did it to ourselves, full stop.

We played like an inexperienced team in the last 5 minutes, completely lost our heads.

Hopefully, we will be better for it, we NEED to be better for it.

It wasn't just the last 5 minutes.

Should never have come down to the last 5 minutes.

No composure. Throughout 80% of the game. Could see the last 5 minutes coming throughout the entire game.

Had plenty of opportunity to put the game away in the first 3.5 quarters and just lacked wnything resembling poise and polish.

Lost it at the selection table.

Knew we were up against it when Saad got hurt.

But they were leaking goals to their smalls even when Saad was on.

Never seen Weiters play such a poor defensive game in his career. He let Walker walk all over him rather then Walker simply beating him. So many easy mark and leads.

28 scoring shots to 20, 16 4 by the Crows won't happen against us again this year

But the manner of play might very well. This was about more than scoring shots. Our skills, structure, and decisionmaking was pretty bad.

Definitely a game they we lost and they didn't win.

Our inaccuracy for me and their accuracy is largely due to the opportunities they were afforded on goal compared to ours.

We won clearances but somehow lost hit outs. Hit outs to advantage almost non existent. Was worth the experiment. But one and done for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I felt like posting earlier but held back. All those ARROGANT assholes who said we'd win this easily had NO idea. I knew we were doomed from the get go. We will be lucky to finish top 8 let alone top 4. Cripps - among others - was atrocious. He's no captain when it matters. Carlton are imposters. This is mostly on Voss.
I had a bad feeling about this one all week tbh

Voss gets outclassed in the coaches box every week. We usually win on talent anyway.

But we did everything in our power to lose that in the last 10 minutes.

Pittonet should play every week ey?
Q4 stats
0 touches
1 free against
0 marks
2 hitouts

We lost a game and we are already going after Voss? Give me a spell.

But the manner of play might very well. This was about more than scoring shots. Our skills, structure, and decisionmaking was pretty bad.

This, scoring shots can fool you in my opinion.

There is a reason they were so accurate in front of goal, they lowered their eyes and got easy shots on goal. Our shots? Almost all of them had no method to them or were just tough shots.

Again; if we do not find a proper method inside 50 soon we are never going to be the side we should be.

I’m so pissed off that we allow a racist to play our game and be celebrated.

We were due to lose a close one but it just had to be to Adelaide, **** them. Tidy up our accuracy and we’re a way better side than them.

Hope our injuries are short term, move on to next week.

Voss gets outclassed in the coaches box every week. We usually win on talent anyway.

But we did everything in our power to lose that in the last 10 minutes.

Pittonet should play every week ey?
Q4 stats
0 touches
1 free against
0 marks
2 hitouts
Winning games from individual brilliance and no system can only get a side so far. Badly exposed these past two weeks in particular. Been like that for too long.

I've gotten so used to winning that losing feels frustratingly unfamiliar.

There were so many ways we could have won that game. Blew them all. Crows took each and every opportunity to win that game.

Hoping we keep our heads and just fix what needs to be fixed. Of course, injuries don't help.

Back