Roast Big Game Underperformers

Remove this Banner Ad

We've been horrible in big games since before most of these players were even on our list. What's the trend? I'm not saying these guys haven't failed, but why? You can't have the same problem over a number of list turnovers, the root cause here is not those players. Whether its the coach himself or the level of accountability or whatever it is, it's bigger than these players.

We've been horrible in big games since before most of these players were even on our list. What's the trend? I'm not saying these guys haven't failed, but why? You can't have the same problem over a number of list turnovers, the root cause here is not those players. Whether its the coach himself or the level of accountability or whatever it is, it's bigger than these players.

It's everything

Board and executive that are controlled by 1 man, and that man hasn't a clue what he's doing.

Guys like Richo wouldn't get a job at any other AFL club and that speaks volumes for where we are now. And Richo is no orphan, we have other people at higher levels that fill roles that aren't actually any good but they tick boxes, don't question and go home with a very good pay each week.

Coaching 'same as above'. I doubt any of our coaching group would get a meaningful role elsewhere. Sure, they might get pointless positions like welfare manager but none of them would seriously but wanted in the open market. Josh Carr is also slowly losing his appeal massively too.

Players - we have some excellent players but far too many that are SANFL standard at best. We won't make hard calls on guys that support the above unless you happen to unfortunately become one of the end of year sacrifices to suggest we are doing something.

A coach that has no vision, no gameday feel, no dare, is scared of playing nearly every side in the competition and is as dumb, stubborn and ignorant as anyone going around.

We have too many players who have repeatedly not shown up against the good teams when it matters.

Rozee (c)
Burton
Marshall
Farrell
Boak
Finlayson
Aliir
Dixon
Mead

Honourable mention

Butters
DBJ
McEntee

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Ya missed the biggest of all.. wines

We are that side you would love to play if you’re wounded, need to get a monkey off your back, have had a tough couple of weeks, etc etc.

Bloody sick of it. It’s pathetic. Today was piss poor. Collingwood changed the game after the first quarter and we didn’t fire a shot.

Where was Brownlow medalist Oliver Wines with his zero tackles? He used to be able to lift, now just here for his pay cheque.

What about Burton, Houston, Marshall, DBJ, SPP - any chance any of them want to influence the game? Maybe throw their body around? Maybe lay some tackles, take some marks, effect some spoils - just anything?

And coaches - any chance of trying something creative? Or having a circuit breaker? Maybe trying SPP, Rioli or Mitch in the middle every now and then? Maybe push Marshall to a wing or get him rucking if he hasn’t gone near it all day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where was Brownlow medalist Oliver Wines with his zero tackles? He used to be able to lift, now just here for his pay cheque.
That's a joke. How does a midfielder go the entire game without laying a single tackle, particularly when you are losing both contested and uncontested possession.

The most dominant our midfield has looked was when he was out of the side, I don't think that a coincidence.

That's a joke. How does a midfielder go the entire game without laying a single tackle, particularly when you are losing both contested and uncontested possession.

The most dominant our midfield has looked was when he was out of the side, I don't think that a coincidence.

He's Matt crouch of 2 years ago.

You’re correct, I noticed that too. That’s droppable.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Chasing tail and yet not a single tackle is...not a good look.

The players are moulded in the image of their coach.

A smug peacock who is adept at skiing downhill, who melts and hides under the first hint of the spotlight.
And where's your psych degree?

I saw an assistant on Thursday and we were chatting about the game, I was more optimistic of our chances compared too them. Tough opposition, gonna be a tough game31 points up!
Don't react to this reply if it was one of Carr or Goldsack.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back