Autopsy 2024 Rd 6 Premiership Quarter Blue Blitz hands Giants their first loss

Who played well for the Blues in Round 6 vs the Giants?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Is that why you and soapy are getting so sensitive over my post about showing the doubters his worth with his great game tonight.?

Because you questioned his position in the team after what you considered below par performances. Which you’re obv allowed to do.
I’m then also able to say great game, you showed everyone your worth.

Difference being you don’t see my getting salty with your comments.

I'm not salty.

As a moderator, I find posts that blanket call out large swathes of posters from week to week, lazy and not at all constructive or useful for discussion. We are not a facebook page where the aim is to one up each other. We are a community where we should post with respect and an eye on furthering a discussion.

I also find the use of the word 'salty' towards fellow Carlton supporters, not at all helpful.

Didn't you start out with haters, and then changed to detractors, or was that someone else. Either way, you can be gracious and admit you were having a go at posters who had questioned him, and not merely giving him a slap on the back.

Ollie is our Glascott.

He’s not gunna get 30 possies, & he ain’t taking 3 bounces down the wing.

But he’s in the contest, always.

He’s doing a tradies job.

Glasscott used to get 25-30 possessions regularly

Ollie will be a star and a big possession winner to back up his brilliant ball use. He’s just young

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ollie is our Glascott.

He’s not gunna get 30 possies, & he ain’t taking 3 bounces down the wing.

But he’s in the contest, always.

He’s doing a tradies job.

I reckon Glascott was a bit classier and hit the scoreboard more. It will be interesting to see how far Ollie can develop.

I see the Simpson frame and courage when the ball is in the air. He's not a fire starter and needs the team to lift to go with him, but that's a sign of youth. It is interesting how he corrals opponents when the mood is defensive, but goes in at pace when we are in an attacking mode. I'd like to see more consistency in that regard.

I'm not salty.

As a moderator, I find posts that blanket call out large swathes of posters from week to week, lazy and not at all constructive or useful for discussion. We are not a facebook page where the aim is to one up each other. We are a community where we should post with respect and an eye on furthering a discussion.

I also find the use of the word 'salty' towards fellow Carlton supporters, not at all helpful.

Didn't you start out with haters, and then changed to detractors, or was that someone else. Either way, you can be gracious and admit you were having a go at posters who had questioned him, and not merely giving him a slap on the back.
100% I’ll put my hand up. I was both patting him (Ollie) on the back for a fantastic performance and also responding to posters that he is in fact worthy of a position in the team.

I corrected my use of the word hate/haters. I’ll Apologise for that

My comment about Ollie was literally the last line in my original post which included a whole list of other great things about tonight’s game and players and coach. But for some reason there’s a fixation on the last comment.

So you don’t like my post or comment. And it’s apparently ok for you to call my comment and post lazy and not constructive because you don’t agree with it. But apparently I cant respond to other posts with my opinion because it doesn’t agree with yours?
Hhmm double standards much!

Number of myths dispelled, again

2 ruckmen both TDK and Pitto had a huge influence

Kennedy and Hewett in the same side

Bombing long into forward 50, like most sides

Marks inside 50, +4

Not sure if it's as black and white as that.

The belief seems to be that we can't play Cripps, Hewett, Cerra and Kennedy in the same midfield and that hasn't really happened for the most part. Kennedy still played up forward a bit tonight.

I'd also suggest we took a number of marks and scored from lowering the eyes and leading into space. Certainly wasn't the cluster that we usually see for half the game.

The two rucks had a huge influence, but it took one to be an effective forward when not on the board, and that isn't something that happens every time. It didn't happen last week.

A myth is something speculated about, but doesn't exist. I reckon there has been evidence to support either case, and it's very much a sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't situation.

In context.

TDK’s ripping tap, chase, run, mad scramble, pick up, kick, goal.

Has to be a GOTY contender.

I love his ground work more than his ruck work or goals, especialy when his tail is up. Fierce.

Back