No Oppo Supporters Fremantle Do Not Contest A Game In Western Australia

Freo fans: tonight hurts but at least be courteous to each other while venting.

Oppostion fans or anyone out to have a crack: don't post here. You will get banned and you will get points.

Bordering…good enough to get the ball…not good enough to do much with it.

Reid is going to tear us a new arse for 15 years…if he stays fit he’ll be better than Judd. Same pace with more power and significantly better overhead.

We have nothing like that. And a coach who won’t let them play like that
You get lucky sometimes, particularly if you are pure bottom a couple of years running. They've already converted him to paying for free kicks. We'll see if he stays there.

Sure he looks the goods, but you're always getting players like that in an elite competition. Not much you can do other that makes the most of what you've got. But us being almost universally flat last night provided him with lots of leeway. Add the spoilt brat braying of the home crowd with receptive umpiring, them being all zesty and tails up with two weeks at home and a win the week before. Perfect storm.

It's actually very simple. If you read between the lines as to what players were saying over the off-season, phrases like "we need to embrace the chaos" and "use speed and play to our strengths" they want to play attacking football.

Last year we were ranked 16th or worse in 2023 in the key categories for ball movement and scoring from defence - 17th for moving the ball from defensive 50 to inside 50 and last from the defensive half of the ground. We also ranked 16th in scoring from anywhere in defence.

Your forwards will always struggle to score with slow, predictable ball movement. It's as simple as that. And that is clearly a coaching directive.

I'll say it once, i'll say it a thousand times. Justin Longmuir is afraid to fail gloriously. He plays not to lose, and not to get hurt on turnovers. It breeds uncertainty, and stagnation. It breeds mediocre, percentage based, slow decision making and inevitably, football purgatory.

We have the cattle. He needs to release the shackles, or his time is done.

I feel like I've woken up in a fresh version on hell.
Is it a coincidence that Darcy comes in, Jackson goes forward and this results?
It was like everything that was good about the team in the first 5 weeks just dissolved.
I feel like we have to throw positions out the window and play people where they can play.
Jackson is midfielder, put him on a wing if we have to but he's utterly wasted camped in the forward line, he plays best around the ball.

Longmuir in his brilliance started Jackson as first ruck and Darcy on the pine in quarter one. We dominated the first quarter but couldn’t score. Amiss was injured and we had a forward line consisting of Josh TreacY and Sam Sturt competing against McGovern and Barrass while we peppered the ball inside 50m.

Start Darcy in the ruck, save Jackson for later in the game. Bring a forward line of Amiss, Treacy and Jackson as triple threats and we score more efficiently in quarter one, flip the script on the game.

Given Amiss was injured so early we still haven’t seen the 3 pronged attack. All preseason we prepared for 3 talls and it’s been largely abandoned.

Longmuir was frightened of West Coasts clearance dominance and played negatively in quarter one and set us up to fail.

He needs to be moved on. Washed up Adam Simpson has moved with the times. We are playing 2013 Ross Lyon ball 11 years after the fact, with the Richmond chaos and Collingwood siege ball has moved worlds ahead of that game plan and we are stuck in the past.

I’m not sure they’re capable of improved transition.

Every change we make must be for improved ball movement.

Wagner, Chapman, Worner, Stanley, Simpson…the bar is very low for these guys.

Get 12 possessions like Hughes or O’Meara or Aish but kick better and be positive with the ball and we’re miles in front.
If true we need to start by cutting the losses with the coach. If the side needs a complete overhaul and remoulding, he’s not the one to do it.

Longmuir in his brilliance started Jackson as first ruck and Darcy on the pine in quarter one. We dominated the first quarter but couldn’t score. Amiss was injured and we had a forward line consisting of Josh TreacY and Sam Sturt competing against McGovern and Barrass while we peppered the ball inside 50m.

Start Darcy in the ruck, save Jackson for later in the game. Bring a forward line of Amiss, Treacy and Jackson as triple threats and we score more efficiently in quarter one, flip the script on the game.

Given Amiss was injured so early we still haven’t seen the 3 pronged attack. All preseason we prepared for 3 talls and it’s been largely abandoned.

Longmuir was frightened of West Coasts clearance dominance and played negatively in quarter one and set us up to fail.

He needs to be moved on. Washed up Adam Simpson has moved with the times. We are playing 2013 Ross Lyon ball 11 years after the fact, with the Richmond chaos and Collingwood siege ball has moved worlds ahead of that game plan and we are stuck in the past.
100%.

We were smashed in the midfield. First time I have seen it all year, and Hughes plays a level below, I was a fan but not anymore.
Exactly !
Hardly won a centre bounce all game yet Jlo did not mention this in his presser. Contest, contest, contest, what exactly does that s**t mean?
If you are getting smashed every centre bounce then you make changes, to personnel or positioning or strategy or whatever!
Not Jlo, just sits there all day watching it.

I feel like I've woken up in a fresh version on hell.
Is it a coincidence that Darcy comes in, Jackson goes forward and this results?
It was like everything that was good about the team in the first 5 weeks just dissolved.
I feel like we have to throw positions out the window and play people where they can play.
Jackson is midfielder, put him on a wing if we have to but he's utterly wasted camped in the forward line, he plays best around the ball.
Darcy didn’t come in until 10 minutes into the game and we’d already squandered what turned out to be the only period of dominance we had.

It's actually very simple. If you read between the lines as to what players were saying over the off-season, phrases like "we need to embrace the chaos" and "use speed and play to our strengths" they want to play attacking football.

Last year we were ranked 16th or worse in 2023 in the key categories for ball movement and scoring from defence - 17th for moving the ball from defensive 50 to inside 50 and last from the defensive half of the ground. We also ranked 16th in scoring from anywhere in defence.

Your forwards will always struggle to score with slow, predictable ball movement. It's as simple as that. And that is clearly a coaching directive.

I'll say it once, i'll say it a thousand times. Justin Longmuir is afraid to fail gloriously. He plays not to lose, and not to get hurt on turnovers. It breeds uncertainty, and stagnation. It breeds mediocre, percentage based, slow decision making and inevitably, football purgatory.

We have the cattle. He needs to release the shackles, or his time is done.

Agreed. It's been the same issue for 2.5 years. Some good patches in there but the same issues. And broadly the same group of players for that time too so it's clearly the way he wants them to play.

I’m not sure they’re capable of improved transition.

Every change we make must be for improved ball movement.

Wagner, Chapman, Worner, Stanley, Simpson…the bar is very low for these guys.

Get 12 possessions like Hughes or O’Meara or Aish but kick better and be positive with the ball and we’re miles in front.

Everyone you mention there bar Worner is either a better kick or faster than their direct replacement, so yeah I completely agree.

You can have a few beige players if there is the class around them. The problem, imo, is the critical mass of beige.

This bunch of players are the players we have though really until unless we want another rebuild (literally no one wants this). So if this coach can't get them to perform consistently...

3-0:

rob-schneider-you-can-do-it.gif

3-3:
waterboy-we.gif

Anyone who thinks Bailey Banfield should be anywhere near our forward line needs their ****ing head checked.

Just a low IQ WAFL level player, same goes for Hughes

I see a few West Coast fans reacted to some of my posts with laughs and whatnots. Fair enough - I got nothing but egg on my face for making silly predictions and being left with humble pie. Can't run or hide from it, you stick your neck out and make bold predictions with this club, you open yourself up to get scorched and I'm not surprised really. Felt for a while we were too safe in our defensive beliefs and not enough emphasis for attacking or addressing the balance. But as per past experience, you fool yourself into believing this club is making strides forward when it just isn't. Didn't think it would get THAT bad so quickly, but here we are. Not getting talent into our forward line when we've had higher draft picks is really burning the club right now. Can say what you want with hindsight, and it's easy to be critical from the ivory tower of my home on a computer screen - should have done this, should have done that - like maybe select Van Rooyen instead of Erasmus at #10 in that draft - but not really sure it matters, in the end (sounds like a Linkin Park song). Fremantle Football Club just doesn't seem to know the way to get it done, it lacks ruthless ambition and aggression, too many safe options, safe and nice Yes Men coaches; players clustered together to form a compact defensively 'elite' unit, but can't score for toffee.....so what happens when you take away their major strengths, contest work and defending, you get last night. I think Justin is just literally OBSESSED with being defensive. Almost to the point where he sees nothing else.

Kudos to West Coast, they used their recently found mojo as monster-momentum; they got to work - they ripped the heart out and did so with the ruthless manner they're renowned for. Fremantle once again left reeling in their shadow. Pretty sickening, but that's sport...you're either a bunny or a bunny boiler. This club has been treading water for so long now, it doesn't seem to know any other way. In the end you just have to concede in a small, 18 team competition we're just not good enough, minnow in a big fish pond.

Pretty sad, but there it is. The club's dire performance (what I saw of it was at work) and the loss of confidence that now creates leaves major doubts and holes going forward, all that good work of the first 3 weeks (maybe even include the previous 2 losses where we were at least competitive....) undone. Severely undone.

It means that Bulldogs and others see what WC did and know what to do to take us apart. Justin had no answer, as they mauled us and we were not depleted in the sense the Tigers were, or even trajectory wise on the same level. Yes, missing Switta and Freddy, playing an underdone Darcy (no choice really) but not sure they'd have made much difference last night, everything was off like old meat in a bin. Take out the garbage, because that's what we saw. Horrific, soul-destroying and energy sapping. Time to find myself re-immersed in my other hobbies because what's the point if it brings you minimal joy or happiness?!

Sad to say, but made a pact with myself this morning. I'll continue to follow the club, but from afar, highly 'uninvested' like I became with United, but sport you know? I enjoy it (mostly) but it's just not the be all and end all, if it doesn't bring happiness or elation, what's the point? To go through the motions then convince yourself everything's okay with the next 'nice' win?! I won't watch the games now, if the Dockers win - well cool there's something to watch maybe, but I doubt this club will ever be good enough and that's just how it is. If this makes me 'fairweather' or not a true supporter whatever, fine. I'll wear it. Yadadada, stick it up you snot-strils.

It was ruthless ONCE when Rosich hatched a plan and it almost worked, but since then it's reverted back to default mode. Factory setting, which is as boring with this club as it is in anything. Hard to see a road with optimism as a sign on it, because this list will age with each season and if it's not playing finals this year (or even each progressive year), well - you'd better HOPE and pray it's making at least a prelim by 2025 to satiate fans, because it's another nice little (longggggg) rebuild after that if Andy and co get to late 20s/early 30s and there's still no flag. That's if they're still there.

Hello darkness my old friend.........

His short run of average form and lagging in the ruck the previous two weeks makes it curious why our coach thought it a good idea TO START OUR BEST RUCKMAN ON THE BENCH
Have to agree. We have been going on about how Jackson and Darcy can work together and make us better.
And then when the opportunity arises we start with Darcy on the bench

One of the issues is that after a win the coach makes pretty much nil unenforced changes. I really hate that philosophy. There is 22 blokes in the field and if you come out the right side of a close one, it doesn’t mean that all 22 are undroppable.
It’s harder to get out of this team than to get into it for some players.

It is an easy way out for decision makers in business and sports.

It has been clear through the opening of the year that JOM shouldn't be in the team or should be Sub. And it has been clear that Walters needs a rest and should only play in certain situations. We win so we carry them.

We know Amiss will miss one week. JOM and Walters should also be outs. If they go the easy option of dropping a kid it will be concerning.

I wanted to know what happened to Amiss so found this https://thewest.com.au/sport/freman...ource=facebook.com&utm_campaign=the-west-news

Everything else aside isn't that front on contact in a marking contest? Barass just straight up pushed him over, and into Gov, from front on while Amiss is trying to mark the ball.

Seem it set the tone for the rest of the game, players bullied and bashed all around the ground. :shrug:

We are playing 2013 Ross Lyon ball
In 2013 we scored over 100 points 10 times and were ranked 5th for Goals scored....This is worse. Way worse....Give me 10 100 plus point wins in a season any day!!
(And that was a 2013 side that missed Pav for a large part of the season and featured a forward line that contained Jack Hannath :))

In 2013 we scored over 100 points 10 times and were ranked 5th for Goals scored....This is worse. Way worse....Give me 10 100 plus point wins in a season any day!!
(And that was a 2013 side that missed Pav for a large part of the season and featured a forward line that contained Jack Hannath :))

2013 we had two smalls and a medium forward kicking goals. Mids also pitched in with goals from time to time. Having multiple goal kickers up forward who actually impact the scoreboard on a regular basis helps.

Have to agree. We have been going on about how Jackson and Darcy can work together and make us better.
And then when the opportunity arises we start with Darcy on the bench
I’ve found the handling of Darcy extremely puzzling. He flies to Adelaide but doesn’t play. He’s finally ready and we don’t start him. Someone said to me because we’re easing him in. Then why did we fly him to Adelaide?

I see a few West Coast fans reacted to some of my posts with laughs and whatnots. Fair enough - I got nothing but egg on my face for making silly predictions and being left with humble pie. Can't run or hide from it, you stick your neck out and make bold predictions with this club, you open yourself up to get scorched and I'm not surprised really. Felt for a while we were too safe in our defensive beliefs and not enough emphasis for attacking or addressing the balance. But as per past experience, you fool yourself into believing this club is making strides forward when it just isn't. Didn't think it would get THAT bad so quickly, but here we are. Not getting talent into our forward line when we've had higher draft picks is really burning the club right now. Can say what you want with hindsight, and it's easy to be critical from the ivory tower of my home on a computer screen - should have done this, should have done that - like maybe select Van Rooyen instead of Erasmus at #10 in that draft - but not really sure it matters, in the end (sounds like a Linkin Park song). Fremantle Football Club just doesn't seem to know the way to get it done, it lacks ruthless ambition and aggression, too many safe options, safe and nice Yes Men coaches; players clustered together to form a compact defensively 'elite' unit, but can't score for toffee.....so what happens when you take away their major strengths, contest work and defending, you get last night. I think Justin is just literally OBSESSED with being defensive. Almost to the point where he sees nothing else.

Kudos to West Coast, they used their recently found mojo as monster-momentum; they got to work - they ripped the heart out and did so with the ruthless manner they're renowned for. Fremantle once again left reeling in their shadow. Pretty sickening, but that's sport...you're either a bunny or a bunny boiler. This club has been treading water for so long now, it doesn't seem to know any other way. In the end you just have to concede in a small, 18 team competition we're just not good enough, minnow in a big fish pond.

Pretty sad, but there it is. The club's dire performance (what I saw of it was at work) and the loss of confidence that now creates leaves major doubts and holes going forward, all that good work of the first 3 weeks (maybe even include the previous 2 losses where we were at least competitive....) undone. Severely undone.

It means that Bulldogs and others see what WC did and know what to do to take us apart. Justin had no answer, as they mauled us and we were not depleted in the sense the Tigers were, or even trajectory wise on the same level. Yes, missing Switta and Freddy, playing an underdone Darcy (no choice really) but not sure they'd have made much difference last night, everything was off like old meat in a bin. Take out the garbage, because that's what we saw. Horrific, soul-destroying and energy sapping. Time to find myself re-immersed in my other hobbies because what's the point if it brings you minimal joy or happiness?!

Sad to say, but made a pact with myself this morning. I'll continue to follow the club, but from afar, highly 'uninvested' like I became with United, but sport you know? I enjoy it (mostly) but it's just not the be all and end all, if it doesn't bring happiness or elation, what's the point? To go through the motions then convince yourself everything's okay with the next 'nice' win?! I won't watch the games now, if the Dockers win - well cool there's something to watch maybe, but I doubt this club will ever be good enough and that's just how it is. If this makes me 'fairweather' or not a true supporter whatever, fine. I'll wear it. Yadadada, stick it up you snot-strils.

It was ruthless ONCE when Rosich hatched a plan and it almost worked, but since then it's reverted back to default mode. Factory setting, which is as boring with this club as it is in anything. Hard to see a road with optimism as a sign on it, because this list will age with each season and if it's not playing finals this year (or even each progressive year), well - you'd better HOPE and pray it's making at least a prelim by 2025 to satiate fans, because it's another nice little (longggggg) rebuild after that if Andy and co get to late 20s/early 30s and there's still no flag. That's if they're still there.

Hello darkness my old friend.........
Celebrate Old Man GIF by The Leith Agency

As I did state prior to season commencement, we are not going anywhere. Middle of the bottom eight for us. Our list is weaker than last year. Hughes (not an AFL player) is a regular. One could go on and on.

As stated by someone else earlier, we have defeated opponents who have won three games in total. We get top players Cerra/Neale and they leave.
TOO MANY borderline fringe players, rejects from other clubs, not enough class. Clark the only one with dash, Walker a liability, responsible for the worst individual game in AFL history

Load up on the Dogs next week, we are no chance, look at their forwards, Naughton, Ugle-Hagen, Darcy, Lobb, Weightman. We are kidding ourselves.

Respect to A. Pearce for his efforts so far in 2024, outstanding.

Recruiting/list management has killed us since day one.

Feel like DP World is an appropriate sponsor for us, considering we got absolutely reamed out last night.

PAIR_GOS_SEB.jpg

So we lose our key forward in the first 5 mins, and the team structure falls apart?

Are we competitive if he doesnt go down or it does matter get thrashed either way?
I was worried about the change with Darcy coming back.Love DArcy and always will, but to me it threw our structure out the window. Jackson who I had hoped would burn up forward, had an ordianey game. Treacey who has played well having to bullock his way through rucking(second string) and being motivated.He like Jacko had an ordinary night.
Maybe it will take a couple of weeks for that structure to gel.
I dunno, but maybe I am clutching at straws,but gotta have something to hang on to.
We need a BIG forward. And our delivery into the forward line is not good. Gave Barrass and McGovern an arm chair ride last night. 1713669550406.png

What clearance dominance ? Fremantle actually controlled and dominated clearances in the first 10-15 minutes for no goals.

Back