Preview Rnd 3 Carlton v Collingwood @ MCG Friday 13th April 7.50PM - Team post #483

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Carlton vs Collingwood on Friday 13th. April @ The MCG

OUT: Bower (very unlucky), Russell, Thornton
IN: Duigan, Jamison, Ellard or someone with some legs

Wouldn't surprise me at all if MC go ultra conservative and just swap Thornton for Jamison.

Jamison will be the obvious in, for this match.
Duigan may be just around a 50/50 and Walker something like 25/75
No room to even consider anyone else at this stage.

We haven't been better prepared than we are now to take on Collingwood, barring training disasters this week.
Bring it on.

Surely Russell needs to be looked at Harker?

Does not provide much damage at all as a sub, and was pretty average against Richmond.

Definitely prefer the defensive capability of Laider/Duigan and the legs of Armfield/Tuohy to what Russell brings to the table.

Bower would be the other obvious one but would be pretty unlucky to go on current form.

Pretty simple.

IN: Duigan, Jamison
OUT: JR (needs to play 4 qtrs and get some confidence back). Bower (although a little unlucky)

In: Walker Jamison Duigan
Out: Armfield Rusell Thornton (All Unlucky)

Gibbs to Pendlebury
Carazzo to Swan
Simpson to Thomas
Jamison to Cloke
Henderson to Dawes

Lucas Sub

In: Jamison
Out: russel

Russel has not done a lot wrong, but hasn't exactly stood out and shone either. Besides we have a lot of quality players that can cover the half back role Jordan plays. Such as tuohy, Gibbs, Scotland etc.

It will be a gamble with jamo as to his match fitness, but he needs to be included to tighten our defence.

Thornton stays-versatility to valuable and I liked his work off the ball tonight, shepherds, blocking etc.

Jamo and Henderson to take 2 biggest threats, leaving bower with a little more freedom, laidler to fill the holes.

Phew! With these guys in our backline we might just win this one (fingers crossed) !!!!

How'd we see Scotto and Lucas' games?

Lucas was good for us early, faded quickly. Seems to be a good sub candidate for us, was really damaging with his run late in the game against Richmond.

Scotland has been pretty average so far this year by his standards. Got busy late in the game so hopefully a bit of touch will be good for him and he can carry it through into next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lucas by all reports pulled up sore, bit wierd has only played a match an abit... lucas out in jamo.. maybe curnow out for brock chooka mclaren

Can't afford to drop players like Lucas, Scotto (especially) & Armi vs the Pies. We need players who can run with the footy and break the lines of there "rolling zone"

Re: Carlton v Collingwood @ MCG Friday 13th April 7.50PM

isn't watson the go to man againts the pies :eek:

KPP exchange required for balance means Thornton misses for Jamo.

If Lucas pulled up sore I'd give him a rest and play Mclean. We need to win the clearances and contested ball. If Brock breaks even with Ball that's a win in my book

This is it... the first of our 4 serious games this year.

We are playing the filth at the G... There is nothing stopping me from watching this match and screaming my **** off at the TV...

We beat the filth and we have to be contenders this year... lose and we are just making the numbers in the top 4!

We have the team and we are flying at the moment

All we need to do is correct our kicking accuracy for goal and we should smash the despised Black and White scum

Come on next week!!!

isn't watson the go to man againts the pies :eek:

Thought Watson was great last week against williamstown, although as SOAP (you know who you are) says, he's a spud. Well, his brain is sure as s**t given to fades - but the truth is the guy can play, is HUGELY driven by confidence and given time could be an incredibubble adydition....it has caveats people.

Walker is injured, thanks Parrot, and the General says Ellard is out.

Bower was asked a question by Ratten pre season, he has responded, I do not think dropping a man for answering the call of duty is a reasonable thing to do.

If Jamo and Duigan can come in, then we have options. Mclean was doing laps at then end - and was unlucky.......he would be fantastic against the pies - perfect.

Is Bootsma allowed to play ? Because this mofo can come in yesterday despite looking like he's twelve, he plays like hes fifty man mountains and is a FRIGGEN STAR.....(hasnt played a game...).....Put him on Daisey....

only one change i could see.

In - Jamison - great timing to play on Cloke which frees up Henderson to play on Dawes.
Out - Russell - just not best 22 at the moment.

Geelong lost and they sure as s**t weren't making up the numbers. The panel at the end of the night concluded, all of them, that the blues were the favourites.

So win lose or draw - we are sure as s**t contenders my good man, besides, Walker, Jamo, Duigan......BOOTSMA !!!!

only one change i could see.

In - Jamison - great timing to play on Cloke which frees up Henderson to play on Dawes.
Out - Russell - just not best 22 at the moment.

You're going to put Jammo on cloak - just like that. ? Not sure about that.

Predicted 22 for next week

B: Duigan, Jamo, Bower
HF: Laidler, Hendo, Yarran
C: Simpson, Judd, Scotland
HF: Robinson, Waite, Garlett
FF: Thornton, Hammer, Betts
R: Kreuzer, Murphy, Gibbs
Bench: Tuohy, Curnow, Carrazzo SUB Lucas

IN: Jamo, Duigan
OUT: Russell, Armfield

Can't justify dropping Bower after his start to the year, and don't feel that Ratten will drop him. Jamo is a must for next week. Assuming Paine plays, we need 3 big key defenders.

Jamo - Cloke
Henderson - Dawes
Bower - Paine

Cannot wait for this, going to be a seriously good match :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back