Review #1: Chris Newman Observatory - Will Retire End of Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Newman is a great of our footy club, and the lack of respect he's been shown in the majority of this thread is pathetic.

This post is absolutely disgraceful and lacks any respect for the man.

Pull your head in. :thumbsu:
Sorry Reaper,but any person can see it's a compliment as i credited him 29years of service for his other ten years. FFS dude :thumbsu::):thumbsu:

Newman is a great of our footy club, and the lack of respect he's been shown in the majority of this thread is pathetic.

He was polite for him

Normally he calls him a selfish prick who only cares about himself and is ******* the club over to line his wallet

I had to hit the show ignored content button to understand what you were talking about. Do yourself a favour Reaper. Life is too short.

Last edited:
And another tiger champion has decided to hang the boots up. What a ripper Chris Newman has been for us as a club both on and off the field. Verymuch an underrated player for much of his career, it is fitting that he goes out being recognised as the absolute champion he was. Taking over the reins as captain through a pretty tough time at the Tigers, Newy handled it with class and was a shining light in a pretty bleak time for the club. A tough, hard, silky left footer who was underrated by almost everyone but Tiger supporters, I would just like to say Thank you for everything that you have done for the Club, and for the supporters Newy. You have been a fantastic role model for many, and the perfect example of what it means to bleed for the club. Enjoy life after football, champ. May you revel in the knowledge that you have been part of returning this once proud club to the powerhouse it deserves to be. When we finally break our premiership drought, know that although you won't be involved in it, you were and will always be a part of it.

Must admit, I got a little emotional when I watched the video. Most emotional retirement for me since Richo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry Reaper,but any person can see it's a compliment as i credited him 29years of service for his other ten years. FFS dude :thumbsu::):thumbsu:

Your post was facetious and oozed the contempt that you have towards the man.

From a list management point of view, you and I probably have a very similar opinion on Newman staying on this year (i.e he shouldn't have), and we probably have a similar opinion about him leaving (i.e it will be good for our list in 2016), but it's the sheer and utter lack of respect towards the guy in your post that gives me the shits here.

No grace or class whatsoever, and you should be disappointed in yourself. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Anyway, again, congratulations Newman on a fantastic career, and thank you for being a true leader for us in the end of those Wallace-era days, where things were at rock bottom.

I hope the boys can get up and win a final or two for you! :thumbsu:

And another tiger champion has decided to hang the boots up. What a ripper Chris Newman has been for us as a club both on and off the field. Verymuch an underrated player for much of his career, it is fitting that he goes out being recognised as the absolute champion he was. Taking over the reins as captain through a pretty tough time at the Tigers, Newy handled it with class and was a shining light in a pretty bleak time for the club. A tough, hard, silky left footer who was underrated by almost everyone but Tiger supporters, I would just like to say Thank you for everything that you have done for the Club, and for the supporters Newy. You have been a fantastic role model for many, and the perfect example of what it means to bleed for the club. Enjoy life after football, champ. May you revel in the knowledge that you have been part of returning this once proud club to the powerhouse it deserves to be. When we finally break our premiership drought, know that although you won't be involved in it, you were and will always be a part of it.

Must admit, I got a little emotional when I watched the video. Most emotional retirement for me since Richo.

Fantastic post mate, would give you 10 likes if I could. :thumbsu:

I had to hit the show ignored content button to understand what you were talking about. Do yourself a favour Reaper. Life is too short.

It's people with attitude's like that, who don't deserve the joy that will come from us winning our next premiership.

If you can't put away your opinions on a bloke after he's announced his retirement, and still want to pot the bloke subtly even though you've got what you wanted, it's just an absolute disgrace that people like that can call themselves Tigers supporters.

Especially when we're talking about a guy who's captained our club and has played 250+ games.

Just boggles my mind how a Tigers supporter can be so disrespectful of a club great. :confused:

Getting people riled up might be the effect that some of them are looking for, I dunno, but geez we shouldn't be trolling our own supporters, if we're THAT bored, there's a nice and juicy Essendon Bombers board on this site, go and have some fun there instead FFS! :eek:

Let's honour our own. :thumbsu:

It's funny, probably similar with Foley too, that we bang on about list management and how he had to go at the end of the year and arguably should have the end of last year, but when it comes down it it's incredibly sad to see him go and shows how easily we overlook what magnificent stalwarts of our club these guys have been.

Captained us through one of our darkest periods, and under his watch we have transformed as a club into the strongest position we have been in in decades. Was tough, tenacious and underrated for the majority of his career, always choosing to put the club first instead of putting his name in lights, and as has been said it's fitting he has announced it on a day where it will attract nowhere near the amount of publicity and credit he deserves. Absolute legend of the club and a champion bloke. :thumbsu:

Your post was facetious and oozed the contempt that you have towards the man.

From a list management point of view, you and I probably have a very similar opinion on Newman staying on this year (i.e he shouldn't have), and we probably have a similar opinion about him leaving (i.e it will be good for our list in 2016), but it's the sheer and utter lack of respect towards the guy in your post that gives me the shits here.

No grace or class whatsoever, and you should be disappointed in yourself. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
I think you should harden up and show a bit more maturity along the way as you lacking basic comprehension skills here
Really did I criticise Newman ??? toughen up and smarten up as you're ruining the thread of a good club servant
You said it yourself that I was angry he stayed on too long. Didn't realise 4yrs was his entire career.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back