Official Club Stuff 10 Year Deal With Puma

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't think we'll have any issues with our navy, boys. Ours has more of a grey tinge to it than the Weagles's old navy so... I'd like to welcome our German feline overlords.
nic-naitanui_5x3ikxq60bcq10htdlu9st1fw.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually love our jumper as it is. Don't want it to change under Puma.

Absolutely this! ^^^^^^

We've got a distinctive dark navy jumper and have finally got the monogram right again. Why go a lighter shade of navy so that then it's not really navy?
If they want to stuff around with the design, let it be the clash jumper, which sucks whichever way you do it.
But keep the traditional jumper as it is, please!

I just want the raised monogram back

You're not going to get it the way it used to be (sewn on individually), but I don't know why they've taken away the stitching as it's all so one dimensional now.
No lift, no relief.........just flat and dull.

Screen Shot 2019-10-27 at 10.50.11 am.png

Original and hand sewn.........Faux-stitch and raised.......Raised but no faux-stitch......Now Bland and lifeless.

Here are he some iterations of the 'real' CFC logo.

Loved the impact of the second one in this series, but even that's now been scaled back to something quite soul-less.

You're not going to get it the way it used to be (sewn on individually), but I don't know why they've taken away the stitching as it's all so one dimensional now.
No lift, no relief.........just flat and dull.

I don't think they've been sewn on since the '90s, but since that time, on the official match jumpers, the monogram was embossed so that it was still raised and had that solid appearance. I don't know when they stopped doing that. Perhaps some of our posters who buy the official jumper on a frequent basis would know about it.
Several years ago I got a new jumper for my 50th birthday. I love it, but it's not a match jumper as worn by the players (those cost a pretty penny.) The monogram is just printed.

Will be interested to see what Puma can produce. I think the standard of our jumper has dropped significantly over the past five years.
Things I would like to see:

-Raised Monogram. Potentially make it slightly bigger too. Will make it better looking and more intimidating.

-Jumper made from better material. The ones over the lat 2-3 years look old, faded and do not have the right "cut" to fit players

-Wouldn't mind a "modernisation" of the monogram. I loved the heritage monogram originally but now I just associate it with the Bolton era. I think we need a fresh look to signify a new era. It also bugs me that the monogram in the logo doesn't match what we wear on match day.

-A decent home and clash jumper without horrid fluro advertisement or massive "squares" of advertisement under the jumper number.

-Decent polo shirts and supporter gear. Keep it simple.

We easily have the best colours and jumper design in the AFL. I really don't think it would be that hard to get right.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back