Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm actually enjoying the show, Certainly some kinks to iron out but i think it will be pretty reasonable

In the eight or so years I've listed to SEN this is easily the best daily program I've heard.

I've never been a Hamish McLachlan fan but you can tell he's a professional and there is a sense of class that doesn't normally appear on SEN. There is now a large contrast in quality between the breakfast show and The Run Home.

I could live without Sam McClure but he's harmless.

In the eight or so years I've listed to SEN this is easily the best daily program I've heard.

I've never been a Hamish McLachlan fan but you can tell he's a professional and there is a sense of class that doesn't normally appear on SEN. There is now a large contrast in quality between the breakfast show and The Run Home.

ill flick to brekky show from RSN during RSN ads or horsey talk....and although not a fan of the show i agree hamish is a professional, and a decent host.

McClure is a non event.

I’ve tried listening twice but there is just something not right about Hamish, it's like listening to 3 hours of his really awkward NAB little league half time interviews.

I listened for a bit last night and they were flogging the "new look" breakfast ads mercilessly. When the ad said "The Godfather", I was actually thought/hoped it was the talkback caller who does the Godfather imitation - he cracks me up for some reason LOL

Hamish is like putting jam on your eye fillet...don't need it, don't want it, doesn't compliment it, waste of time...basically just makes it worse.

When do the first lot of breakfast ratings come out?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's happened to the Patrick Smith segments on Hungry For Sport?

Is he still on holidays, or the station couldn't afford him, or something else (health?)?

The new bloke they have on in his timeslot (Michael Gleeson from The Age?) is sleep-inducing and boring as bat-droppings, I have to say. And I think KB knows it - poor chemistry between the two of them.

Last edited:

Really?

I'm finding it very monotoned and a bit boring. They need someone on their to bring a bit of life to the program. Bringinging in guests like Watson and Sheehan doesn't really help that tone either

Hamish seems like a pretty good host, but with him and Lyon they need someone with a bit of pizzaz. Watsons segment yesterday with Wallburgs' friends interview was one of the worst things I have ever heard on radio.

Had to laugh twice this week.

Sam McClure breaks the story about the aggravated burglary at the Essendon players' house and goes on to name all 4 as soon as the names become available, half an hour later in the news bulletin the macquarie bloke reports the story and says police haven't released the names of the victims for their privacy :drunk:

Monday they go around and name their favourite sporting event they've been apart of/at. Sheehan says last years Grand Final, Watson jokingly says the 3 Grand Finals he won and then it gets to Ham who tells the story of the Pablio di Siena horse race in Siena, Italy that he attended :rolleyes:

Had to laugh twice this week.

Sam McClure breaks the story about the aggravated burglary at the Essendon players' house and goes on to name all 4 as soon as the names become available, half an hour later in the news bulletin the macquarie bloke reports the story and says police haven't released the names of the victims for their privacy :drunk:

Monday they go around and name their favourite sporting event they've been apart of/at. Sheehan says last years Grand Final, Watson jokingly says the 3 Grand Finals he won and then it gets to Ham who tells the story of the Pablio di Siena horse race in Siena, Italy that he attended :rolleyes:

to be fair, if hame said thats his fave sporting event then it is. though lulz, i think it showed that he isnt just about footy

If KB was not at SEN they would be quickly spiraling out of control. He has been their rock since they started.
They have fallen for the old three card trick of believing that if they throw money at personalities it will bring in the ratings.
Gary Lyon sounded like he had been on a bender all weekend. His voice was raspy and frankly didn't seem interested. Mike Sheahan was his interesting best. Like or hate him, you enjoy listening to him. Hamish.....well he is a big noter isn't he? Property in Mornington, owns horses, just can't help himself. Private school prat. He will grate on people. Tim Watson.....hmm. One minute he doesn't want to do breakfast then he reappears. Just highlights that money speaks all languages.

1 : Ross & John on 3AW Kings of breakfast radio. Jonathan Brown, Sam Pang & Chrissie Swan are not to bad on FM.
2: KB is king, and his knowledge of all sports, memory and passion makes him great to listen to. A lot of people just cannot differentiate when he is tongue is firmly placed in his cheek.
3: Francis Leach has had his dream come true. An open microphone that he does not have to share with anyone, and he can talk non stop. To use a racing parlance.....Prefer others.
4:Afternoon needs more work. Can't put my finger on it yet. Possibly get another one in there to take some pressure of Marko. His lack of general sporting knowledge stands out. Ox gets caught out a number of times as well, and when they are both stuffing it up, it is not good radio. Still better than Tom Elliott who only cares that he pays too much in taxes, and that he was not born with a silver spoon in his Carey Grammar educated mouth. Oh... and he also owns a house in Flinders. Good old working class Canterbury boy.
5: Fine, not interested. By the time he comes on, just happy to listen to some music.
Just wonder how long before SEN realise they need Harf back.

KB turns 70 this year, won't be around forever, that will be the real testing time for SEN.

KB turns 70 this year, won't be around forever, that will be the real testing time for SEN.
So what happens when he leaves? Who gets his slot?

Barring any health issues, can't see KB retiring for at least 5-10 years. Loves the money and keeps his mind active. His knowledge of all sports is unsurpassed. You only appreciate what you have lost after they have gone.....Oh John Howard... what did we do to you......

Barring any health issues, can't see KB retiring for at least 5-10 years. Loves the money and keeps his mind active. His knowledge of all sports is unsurpassed. You only appreciate what you have lost after they have gone.....Oh John Howard... what did we do to you......

I wouldn't go that far. Footy, Golf and Horse Racing absolutely. Athletics and tennis to a degree. Other's not so much. I'd say his knowledge of Australian Sports history is what's more impressive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back