Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

Station is a complete joke. Sack so many people and expect it maintain the same quality, its never worked before. The Fat One has no ******* clue how to run a good business, he just sees them as piggybanks for himself.

And yet he's made a s**t ton of money because he knows that AFL is a cash cow.

I'd say he knows implicitly how to run a good business, he just has no idea how to create good content and scoots by cos he understands Melbourne and had invested well enough early days to be able to use that money to make more.

The saturday rub tribute to frawley broadcast on mmm and sen last Saturday was fantastic. I haven't laughed that much listening to the radio probably ever.

Something that stood out for me was when they were mentioning advertising and brayshaw said that the show will run twice as long on sdn compared to mmm, to fit in all the ads into the show.

We are absolute suckers for still listening to sen, which is basically advertising, mixed with live read advertising by the hosts, with a little bit of sports radio intertwined.

Listen to the footy on sen for a quarter and then flick over to the abc for another quarter. You soon realise how overloaded and full of advertising sen is.
You can’t compare abc to Sen, 3aw play just as many ads..
they can only play a certain amount per hour anyway..

I'd say he knows implicitly how to run a good business, he just has no idea how to create good content and scoots by cos he understands Melbourne and had invested well enough early days to be able to use that money to make more.
Good reply to a troll

Hopefully they put Rubens on about 10 at night, help put people in deep sleep by 10:03

Rubens: “Oh yessa the 2000 German Grand Prix was the highlight”..ZZZZzzzz
But you don't talk about the 2000 German GP on a mainstream sports program, don't you?

With these second/third tier names, you don't get into the nitty gritty. You talk about broader topics that at least people who aren't interested in could at least know what is being talked about.

In Rubens' case, you talk about him being a Schumacher's team mate at Ferrari, you talk about Ayrton Senna being a mentor of his when he started out. Racing at Albert Park, why is he here in Melbourne now and crap like that.

Talking about the 2000 GP is for hardened, knowledgeable fans who understand the context. Fans like damochandler and yourself.

tenor.gif

Making money doesn't make it a good business. Heard of the mafia? Bernie Madoff? Enron? Ridiculous comment.

I know the crim is rich, at the expense of saps like you. The actual bricks and mortar operations of his "empire" are pathetic, he goes in, strips the joint, doubles the ads and then *s off. He's no better than a weak middle man. And you're the one still listening to this s**t while he lines his pockets.

Making money doesn't make it a good business. Heard of the mafia? Bernie Madoff? Enron? Ridiculous comment.

Maybe you're right. But *, I wish I could be s**t at business while having as much money as he does.

The point stands - the content can be s**t and unprofessional while the business is good. I mean he's still getting people paying for ads there despite it being completely amateurish at times. That must count for something.

Maybe you're right. But fu**, I wish I could be s**t at business while having as much money as he does.

The point stands - the content can be s**t and unprofessional while the business is good. I mean he's still getting people paying for ads there despite it being completely amateurish at times. That must count for something.
That hater is a reason ive posted why bother if your not listening.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reading the posts again. Even though I've brought up motor racing to the conversation, it's to me clear that people don't get that motor racing wasn't the point.

Not for the first time.

You are 100% correct with your post about Barrichello and in the way you would frame the interview - This topic also showed the irony in many complaining about the lack of all-round sporting knowledge of SEN presenters, but yet in this case posters have displayed the same flaws.

You are 100% correct with your post about Barrichello and in the way you would frame the interview - This topic also showed the irony in many complaining about the lack of all-round sporting knowledge of SEN presenters, but yet in this case posters have displayed the same flaws.
I don't regard car racing as sport , so its irrelevant to me .

I don't regard car racing as sport , so its irrelevant to me .
my way of deciding the sport/not sport question for any activity....
- does it test athletic ability and skill?
- will you find kids participating in it on a Saturday/Sunday morning?
- would it exist without gambling?

motor racing gets a tick on all 3. horse racing gets a tick on the first one but fails on the last 2.
i have no interest in either sport.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back