Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

The English gentleman who has called EPL & Champions league over the past 3-4 decades is the most professional of commentators/callers
ive had the pleasure to listen to in my time.
Youd never know to this day unless he mentioned it who he followed in EPL or other leagues for that matter
his calling of European Cup finals with English side involved,never have i heard him become bias,same for his world cup calls,
hes the consumate,the best ever,i think his name is phil ?

His name is Martin Tyler

Absolute legend. Knows the value of silence at the right time and when to get excited. Listening to him commentate makes me feel at home wherever i am.

Precisely.

I also enjoyed the dulcet tones of whispering Ted in snooker.

Does everyone agree that commentators in AFL (as a generalisation) want to be the story?
And
Or
Is it true when networks say they act that way because its what "the people want"

Precisely.

Does everyone agree that commentators in AFL (as a generalisation) want to be the story?
And
Or
Is it true when networks say they act that way because its what "the people want"
Mark Howard seems to be an exemption , just calls the game as it should . Seems to work well with anyone .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Precisely.

And
Or
People want to be entertained. Channel 7 are trying to get the casual viewers. Same with their horrific spring carnival coverage.

I tune in to WATCH the game, not to listen to it. Admittedly, I can't see further up the ground if I'm not at the game. But earlier this year the callers weren't there either. There's nothing a caller/special comments has mentioned most of us don't already know. Referring to a comment from an anonymous coach during the week, no clubs would pay attention to any special comment for tactical info and the like.

On SM-A530F using BigFooty.com mobile app

People want to be entertained. Channel 7 are trying to get the casual viewers. Same with their horrific spring carnival coverage.

I tune in to WATCH the game, not to listen to it. Admittedly, I can't see further up the ground if I'm not at the game. But earlier this year the callers weren't there either. There's nothing a caller/special comments has mentioned most of us don't already know. Referring to a comment from an anonymous coach during the week, no clubs would pay attention to any special comment for tactical info and the like.

On SM-A530F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Have heard that theory. But isnt the game entertaining enough (that's what we tell people from across the border)? Sounds like they (afl etc) dont trust what they preach

Love the bit in light red!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back