Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

PC is killing this country , we can't say what we feel anymore.

right wing conservatives steve price and pita panahi also quite outspoken about the afl last night. labelled the actions as something the left wing do gooder Greens would come up with.

Yeah, I've noticed that with most security operations. At least around Melbourne. I was just wondering what "you" feel you can't say anymore that you could in the past because of "PC".
Because what I just said could be deemed racist by some . I bet there are many Asian or middle eastern countries would look down on us .

When you go to the footy most of these security blokes are for ethnic backgrounds , a lot are now Indian and how many Indians do you see at the footy ? So I could see where he's coming from .

i think where the cringing comes from in relation to this topic is the question if the guards are white, they are assumed to know about footy and all the "banter". But what if the white people are british and know nothing about footy. Therein lies the conundrum.

It's messy no doubt. Back to Jeffs comments, I think everyone agrees with him that the afl have created a rod for its own back and we the people are not happy. That i feel strongly is something everyone agrees on.

Because what I just said could be deemed racist by some . I bet there are many Asian or middle eastern countries would look down on us .

Maybe. But does it matter? Im not a fan of the "they do it so why cant we?" premise myself. If someone does, and we do it back we end up in a never ending circle of anger. Some people do want that unfortunately.

right wing conservatives steve price and rita panahi also quite outspoken about the afl last night. labelled the actions as something the left wing do gooder Greens would come up with.

And to think, what some almost see as the "golden age" of SEN radio, I think I recall her being a regular on Friday afternoons with Harf.....

And to think, what some almost see as the "golden age" of SEN radio, I think I recall her being a regular on Friday afternoons with Harf.....
yeah she certainly was on casual fridays. never showed her political persuasion though despite the segment opening declaring her as the leftist feminist. really strange.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Old mate bedford has turned this thread into the type of bigoted rubbish you see on Facebook comment sections.

Old mate bedford has turned this thread into the type of bigoted rubbish you see on Facebook comment sections.
Why say that champ you don't know me , I have friends of all colour and race . I am certainly not a bigot as you say . It's a discussion that's all and your the type im talking about.

Why say that champ you don't know me , I have friends of all colour and race . I am certainly not a bigot as you say . It's a discussion that's all and your the type im talking about.

Your interpretation of what is racist is pretty ignorant as displayed by your comments in this thread.

What he said is not racist , it's true . The Indians are in everything , it's not racist it's true.
1. How do you know every security guard is of Indian decent?
2. What does their descent or background have to do with their ability to be a security guard?

Phrases like 'the Indians are in everything' reeks of an insecure bigot.

PC is killing this country , we can't say what we feel anymore.

And this quote just hammers home that you're a fossil from a bygone era where you could just be hateful to people of different racial/religious/ethnic backgrounds. And now that you're being challenged on these hateful words, you're placing the blame on "PC" rather than evolving as a human.

When you go to the footy most of these security blokes are for ethnic backgrounds , a lot are now Indian and how many Indians do you see at the footy ? So I could see where he's coming from .

Once again, what does their background have to do with their ability in the job? If they are qualified to get the job, then that's it.

Kennett is an idiot and he put his foot in his mouth. Pure and simple.

Your interpretation of what is racist is pretty ignorant as displayed by your comments in this thread.

1. How do you know every security guard is of Indian decent?
2. What does their descent or background have to do with their ability to be a security guard?

Phrases like 'the Indians are in everything' reeks of an insecure bigot.

And this quote just hammers home that you're a fossil from a bygone era where you could just be hateful to people of different racial/religious/ethnic backgrounds. And now that you're being challenged on these hateful words, you're placing the blame on "PC" rather than evolving as a human.

Once again, what does their background have to do with their ability in the job? If they are qualified to get the job, then that's it.

Kennett is an idiot and he put his foot in his mouth. Pure and simple.
What a wonderful human being you are , not worth anymore comments .

Bull ****.

You just can't get away with being a bigoted prick any more.
Im not though , I was just trying to see where Kennett was coming from, that's all. We just can't say anything anymore like at the footy , bald headed flog , green maggot etc , that's what I mean about PC. You can't even say s@@t anymore on here as you just discovered .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back