1116 SEN 2024 line up

Remove this Banner Ad

So I only listen from 7-8 (drive in to work), maybe a bit at lunch and drive home (anywhere from 3-5). Marko and the ox grew on me and they were good in the end. Marko was a one trick pony on golf but was still enjoyable and fun. I only ever heared snippets of KB here and that and was ok but couldn't handle him all the time. Dr Turf has always been a special guest calibre person and not full time (1 trick pony - racing - boring as batshit otherwise)

But now the drive home is unlistenable - KB has gone extra mad and most of the segments are good for 70yr old men to listen to. Also with Dr Turf as the co-host we have to listen to so much horse racing talk - apart from spring carnival who gives a rats. He is useless on anything else and has done the same old-man jokes for the last 15 years.

Haven't heard much of whately yet but could imagine he will be like AFL360 - really good early on but then you work out who he loves and that's all he talks about.

Yep. I cringe so hard when horse racing gets bought up again, and again ...then we get trainers come on as guests talking about some obscure race meeting. **** right off with that shit . Christ. Im telling you now 90/100 listeners could not care less and would be diving for the CD switch.

It was a bit that way with Marko and golf, and Im not a golf fan in the slightest. But I was happy to hang around and listen to it when he bought it up. Why? Not sure really, but I can say Marko and Ox were way more enjoyable and relatable than the two old turds they have spewing rubbish on drive now. ( with all due respect to KB, Turf...not so much).

Lacks personality which is hard to improve on, it's natural.

Should have kept Finey with a huge shake up, last chance program. I think it would've worked.

This is just so vanilla.

The guy sounds like a 'Junior Hutchy' and likes to say stuff which is really just filler like 'in this day and age' when he just has to say 'now'.

So I only listen from 7-8 (drive in to work), maybe a bit at lunch and drive home (anywhere from 3-5). Marko and the ox grew on me and they were good in the end. Marko was a one trick pony on golf but was still enjoyable and fun. I only ever heared snippets of KB here and that and was ok but couldn't handle him all the time. Dr Turf has always been a special guest calibre person and not full time (1 trick pony - racing - boring as batshit otherwise)

But now the drive home is unlistenable - KB has gone extra mad and most of the segments are good for 70yr old men to listen to. Also with Dr Turf as the co-host we have to listen to so much horse racing talk - apart from spring carnival who gives a rats. He is useless on anything else and has done the same old-man jokes for the last 15 years.

Haven't heard much of whately yet but could imagine he will be like AFL360 - really good early on but then you work out who he loves and that's all he talks about.

Perhaps Hutchy is going to do a deal where SEN gets pumped into nursing homes, including the one he sold his grandmother to?

Already noticed sen regular callers popping up on RSN. Harf would be wrapt

Let me guess, the serial pests who spend the rest of the day licking windows at the local shopping centre ??

There are some people in the community who ring up every talkback station and talk shite because it makes them feel important.

So we are at least a month in to the new line up. Be interesting to see what the listening habits are in here. Maybe compare your listening habits from November last year to February this year (out of footy season). This is not meant to be a critique of any presenter or show, more so to see if there are more or less listeners.

Gary and Tim - I'm listening the same amount of time. I switch between music and talk back in the morning, avoiding ads as much as possible.

Whately - at work, not able to listen

Maher - at work, not able to listen

Turf and kb - I'm listening about 50% less than I used to listen to. Often switch stations or to music.

Heverin - listening about 30-40% less than I used to

So we are at least a month in to the new line up. Be interesting to see what the listening habits are in here. Maybe compare your listening habits from November last year to February this year (out of footy season). This is not meant to be a critique of any presenter or show, more so to see if there are more or less listeners.

Gary and Tim - I'm listening the same amount of time. I switch between music and talk back in the morning, avoiding ads as much as possible.

Turf and kb - I'm listening about 50% less than I used to listen to. Often switch stations or to music.

Gary & Tim - switch between SEN & MMM - will listen to SEN more come footy season. Enjoy them but in off-season 50/50 split
Turf & KB - Used to listen to SEN probably 70/30, now would be 10/90 and instead listen to Kennedy/Molloy on mmm. Don't rate KB and hate Turf

Garry and tim i listen to. Flick between them and RSN if im in the car.
Whately ive tried but hes so boring so i do t last long. Dont mind kane cornes, id rather him than whateley.
He actually makes andy maher look entertaining... usually when maher comes on i listen for an hour before switching to music.
Kb and turfie i dont listen to unless in cooken a bbq.
Used to listen from 530 am til 330 pm.. now alot of channel flicking

The cricket was a good move, but the NRL live on SEN is a step in the wrong direction imo.

Victoria like NSW/QLD with most AFL couldn't give a flying **** about Wests Tigers vs Para.

I imagine this is all about getting sponsorship $$$'s out of NSW/QLD companies promoting into Vic.

They'd be better off buying doing direct NBA radio feeds which is growing at a huge rate.

Gary and Tim - I listen to them as much as I can in the morning. I actually like them as a pairing

Whately - There is something about his voice and persona thats irks me. Very rarely listen to him

Maher - I'll go through the podcasts and decide if I listen to him or not. I'm in the minority but I don't mind Maher

Turf and kb - They kill me. KB was getting old and annoying a few years ago. Why anyone thought they would be a good drive home pairing amazes me. It's annoying too as I have to listen to another station or make phone calls on the way home

Heverin - A bit meh for me. He isn't bad he just isn't any good and lacks personality

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Already noticed sen regular callers popping up on RSN. Harf would be wrapt
By the way, i dont ring up but i text alot.

I dont feel there's many callers to harfs morning show. i dont recall hearing any, albeit i switch around a bit. im in fact confident in saying there arent many or in fact any.

Yep. I cringe so hard when horse racing gets bought up again, and again ...then we get trainers come on as guests talking about some obscure race meeting. **** right off with that shit . Christ. Im telling you now 90/100 listeners could not care less and would be diving for the CD switch.

It was a bit that way with Marko and golf, and Im not a golf fan in the slightest. But I was happy to hang around and listen to it when he bought it up. Why? Not sure really, but I can say Marko and Ox were way more enjoyable and relatable than the two old turds they have spewing rubbish on drive now. ( with all due respect to KB, Turf...not so much).

Turfy does what watson used to do, bring everything back to a topic he is comfy with. For turfy its racing, and betting. Someone is always a "favourite" and odds are thrown in. There is a lot of horsey talk that's for sure.

Let me guess, the serial pests who spend the rest of the day licking windows at the local shopping centre ??

There are some people in the community who ring up every talkback station and talk shite because it makes them feel important.

KB had a lot of regulars who when on the line said "Hi KB, i called last week about XYZ, remember me?". KB would say he did out of politeness, or just memory blankness.

My responses in blue

Gary and Tim - Always tune in when alarm goes off. Then if they're talking about some inane footy topic ill switch to RSN. But if RSN are talking about horseys ill switch to TALKSPORT UK. After readinging self for work, hop into car and flick between sen and rsn. Today i found myself turning the voume down and listening to sweet bugger all. IT was refreshing

Whately - At work also, but catch maybe 10 mins at the start.

Maher - only when commuting for lunch.

Turf and kb - It's on when driving home but tune in and out mentally.

Mcclure - switch between his and 3AWs sports today.

Heverin - if in the car on the way to the gym. But found myself not really listening, and sometimes miss finey but understand management decisions

The cricket was a good move, but the NRL live on SEN is a step in the wrong direction imo.

Victoria like NSW/QLD with most AFL couldn't give a flying **** about Wests Tigers vs Para.

I imagine this is all about getting sponsorship $$$'s out of NSW/QLD companies promoting into Vic.

They'd be better off buying doing direct NBA radio feeds which is growing at a huge rate.
I'm intrigued by this. It will be interesting to see how it rates. Particularly as the ABC covered it too.

I guess it's part of a wider plan to brand the station as the live coverage sporting station. Interesting times.

I'm intrigued by this. It will be interesting to see how it rates. Particularly as the ABC covered it too.

I guess it's part of a wider plan to brand the station as the live coverage sporting station. Interesting times.

I'm glad they are doing the cricket although I'm not that enamored with the commentary team they've put together. (Not a huge Whateley fan and don't think much of Julian, Katich and the SA guy are OK though).

Yes the ABC have it but they have shunted onto their digital station which is a bit annoying (can't listen to that in my car and couldn't manage to get it any way on my phone yesterday either).

I'm glad they are doing the cricket although I'm not that enamored with the commentary team they've put together. (Not a huge Whateley fan and don't think much of Julian, Katich and the SA guy are OK though).

Yes the ABC have it but they have shunted onto their digital station which is a bit annoying (can't listen to that in my car and couldn't manage to get it any way on my phone yesterday either).
You need to upgrade your vehicle then.:)

I've always tended to flick around bar during footy season so I'm pretty interested to see how they go once the season actually starts

Kane Cornes is the big surprise for me , find him easy to listen too , not afraid to have an opinion and in general has a good knowledge across the board

I think after this initial 12 month period we will have a better idea where SEN sits

The thing with SEN is you don't have to worry if you miss anything - come back in ten minutes -and it will be repeated jokes included. My worry is Andy Maher is now best of bad bunch. All others deplorable.

The thing with SEN is you don't have to worry if you miss anything - come back in ten minutes -and it will be repeated jokes included. My worry is Andy Maher is now best of a bad bunch. All others deplorable.

..funny you say that, I was listening to him the other day in the car and I thought the very same thing. Couldn't stand listening to him before, but realised he is now the only one who has the style of show I like.....a bit of everything with some humour in between. Probably KB is still the same, but I don't get to listen at that time of day.

...although I don't mind Kane Cornes either I must say.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back