1116 SEN 2024 line up

Remove this Banner Ad

I disagree respectfully. He can take criticism, and as others have noted he reads out mean tweets. I think he's thick skinned and realises this is his schtick - shock jock to a small extent.

Your opinion about non Victorians is interesting, you've posted about your disdain for macquarie sports radio as its NSW centric (which it is). And now cornes. I think its part of hutchys plan to be a national broadcaster.

Thats why the money behind Hutchy comes out of WA & there is more to their strategy that I'm struggling to get across.

I think Maher will be moved to mornings next year.

Whateley is going to Seven to replace Bruce.

Wouldn't be surprised if KB stayed on in the hope he got his morning slot back next year, but was told recently he wouldn't, so just told 'em to stuff it.

Gave up watching 360 years ago, he's hard to get away from ...

Well, i'm actually enjoying the drive show with Sandy, Terry and Derm. Gilbert McAdam on Andy's show was good as well.

Gilbert McAdam can't even speak properly, how the heck is he going to be any good on radio then?

Either can Robbo, OX, Frawley etc etc

Hasn't stopped them from having careers.
All of whom are 10 times more articulate than McAdam, which is saying something

I can't stand him as a footy personality but he has been co-host of the no 1 show on Vic 6pm radio for 15 years so he would be a huge get for SEN.

Isn't he already doing a show for the South Australian version of SEN - the afternoon slot? Which he is doing from Melbourne.

Wouldn't be too hard to get him across, although it would complicate things for his 6pm show on 3AW.

Isn't he already doing a show for the South Australian version of SEN - the afternoon slot? Which he is doing from Melbourne.

Wouldn't be too hard to get him across, although it would complicate things for his 6pm show on 3AW.

He does 3:05 to 3:53 with plenty of ads, usaually 5 callers/ 1 prerecorded interview (which I am sure he puts on his other shows later in the day) and that is his show.

Adam Cooney has personality overload on the radio - he's always shot out of a canon and so exuberant. Someone needs to rein him in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's kind of weird how you remember random s**t, and it affects how you view them?

Consider how many matches Russell has commentated, and all the s**t he cops for it on various forums.

The day after the 2003 NRL Grand Final (A game so good, it's the best game of anything in this country ever), David Hookes, having acknowledged that he didn't like RL, opened sports today glowing praise of the game. Deeerrrrwaaaayyyyynnnnee downplayed it, and was saying Brisbane's performance in the previous week's AFL GF was a better spectacle or some s**t.

He lost me then. Whenever I read criticism of him. I saying to myself "Yeah, he didn't think the 2003 NRL GF was that good. Of course he's a knob".

Th
It's kind of weird how you remember random s**t, and it affects how you view them?

Consider how many matches Russell has commentated, and all the s**t he cops for it on various forums.

The day after the 2003 NRL Grand Final (A game so good, it's the best game of anything in this country ever), David Hookes, having acknowledged that he didn't like RL, opened sports today glowing praise of the game. Deeerrrrwaaaayyyyynnnnee downplayed it, and was saying Brisbane's performance in the previous week's AFL GF was a better spectacle or some s**t.

He lost me then. Whenever I read criticism of him. I saying to myself "Yeah, he didn't think the 2003 NRL GF was that good. Of course he's a knob".
That 03 nrl grand is probably the best grand ever or second behind 89

He does 3:05 to 3:53 with plenty of ads, usaually 5 callers/ 1 prerecorded interview (which I am sure he puts on his other shows later in the day) and that is his show.
Didn't realise it was that skinny of a program.

I must be one of the few people who doesn't mind him on the radio. He maintains a certain "tempo" to his show on 3AW, keeps things moving along nicely, for example if a talkback hasn't turned down their radio....BANG! they're gone in a flash. Compare that with, say, Andy Maher who gets bogged down asking a basic question.

Don't know if he'd work on SEN though.

Interesting reading that all of these so called listeners 'that will never return to SEN' are the same people who were done when Marko and Ox were given their marching orders. In simple terms, the afternoon drive show was absolute s**t. I've always been a fan of KB in the mornings, but his latest pairing with the Doc just didn't work on any level.

You don't have to be the biggest fan of Hutchy, but the personal attacks are unwarranted. I commend him for his take over of the station - he is willing to take risks to change the way live sport is broadcast in this country. US Sport might not be everyone's cup of tea, but the Superbowl and NBA finals are huge ticket items, now with a massive following in Aus.

If he can find the right personnel for the correct time slots, I see no reason why the station can't thrive.

How many people do you think SEN has converted to NBA and NFL since they've started covering it? I would argue they've been preaching to the converted. It's a fine line because for as many fans of US sports there in Australia, there are 20 times as many that couldn't give a stuff and simply want to hear wall to wall AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back