Senior 13. Blake Acres

Remove this Banner Ad

So he gets taken late in the first round, but it doesn't really click at the Rabble.
So he gets punted back to Perth as steak knives in the Hill trade.

Starts to put it together in his 3rd year. But for an injury, would probably be an AA wingman. Best Dockers player in the final at the MCG. And as his reward, gets offered 180k for 1 year, and they're happy to ship him off for an F3 pick.

So he kicks the winning goal in a Final 2 weeks in a row in front of 92 and 96 thousand people.
Landed on his feet.
So he gets taken late in the first round, but it doesn't really click at the Rabble.

Starts to put it together in his 3rd year. But for an injury, would probably be an AA wingman. Best Dockers player in the final at the MCG. And as his reward, gets offered 180k for 1 year, and they're happy to ship him off for an F3 pick.

So he kicks the winning goal in a Final 2 weeks in a row in front of 92 and 96 thousand people.
Landed on his feet.
Looks up after the goal at the 96500 crowd and can’t believe his ended up at the most famous club in front of the biggest crowd his ever seen
Thank god his a blue

Honestly couldn’t believe at the time we got him for a future 3rd, he was top 10 in Freos team last year and had a blinder of a finals series probably in best 3 for both their finals.

I’ve looked on with envy at how some clubs get good soldiers for 2 bits of fk all for many years and we’d gone and done the same thing.

He’s been epic the last 12 weeks

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I knew he'd be good for us when I first heard of our interest.
Being from the west, I was able to see a bit more of his Freo games.
I thought Freo were a joke when they offered him what they did, lmao when we got him for a future 3rd, and now I'm shaking my head in disbelief at how much we've got out of that deal.

The funniest part is that the saints traded pick 10, pick 58, a future 2nd, a future 4th and Blake Acres for Brad Hill and a future 3rd.

And Blake Acres is probably currently a better player than Brad Hill . Hill's flag winning exploits are a fair way in the reserves view mirror.

Landed on his feet.

We better not trade him because he gets better at every new club!

What the list manager at Freo was smoking towards the end of last year remains a mystery, but it must have been some almighty good s**t.

26 year old (at the time) playing the best season of his life, just coming into the statistical best age bracket of a winger's career, and having just been one of the best players in 2 finals - showing he was built for pressure/finals footy.

Surely an extension with pay-rise is on the cards?

But what happens? Lowball offer and cheap as chips trade-out.

Still gobsmacked by it.

What the list manager at Freo was smoking towards the end of last year remains a mystery, but it must have been some almighty good s**t.

26 year old (at the time) playing the best season of his life, just coming into the statistical best age bracket of a winger's career, and having just been one of the best players in 2 finals - showing he was built for pressure/finals footy.

Still gobsmacked by it.
Freo will freo, traded a first round pick which ended up being luke hodge to hawks for Trent Croat, who ended up back at hawks few years later

Last edited:

Still gobsmacked by it.
They had an unhealthy desire to get Luke Jackson which was prioritised seemingly above everything else.
Jackson had a good season and will be a top five ruckman for a long time but his financial needs meant they needed to sacrifice something in the short term.
The salary cap must have been in ordinary shape because they also lost Lobb and Logue and the previous two trade periods traded Cerra and Jesse Hogan.
Not complaining … but baffling list management looking in from the outside.

Still gobsmacked by it.
Life is good!

WHAT. How did you ever write this? (I know it was a year ago!
Haha! I actually looked up this post to see what i said about him on Sunday.

He was just a handy player for them, could find it but iffy disposal.

People forget he was even a bit s**t earlier this year during our slump.

He’s absolutely playing out of his skin right now and I couldn’t be happier.

I will say I underestimated his running power and I’m not sure anyone knew he was this *en tough.

Last edited:

Still gobsmacked by it.
Tuohy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People forget he was even a bit s**t earlier this year during our slump.

He’s absolutely playing out of his skin right now and I couldn’t be happier.

I will say I underestimated his running power and I’m not sure anyone knew he was this *en tough.
He was AA squad last year. Very underrated by everyone. I’d back him in a one in one against any wingman in the game. And he can run with any of them too. Just love him. He’s ******* all heart. What about him sprinting to run face first into the pack just before the saad to lever moment?

Amazing courage. If I ever see him again I will hug him for sure.

People forget he was even a bit s**t earlier this year.
He was AA squad last year. Very underrated by everyone. I’d back him in a one in one against any wingman in the game. And he can run with any of them too. Just love him. He’s ******* all heart. What about him sprinting to run face first into the pack just before the saad to lever moment?

Amazing courage. If I ever see him again I will hug him for sure.
He’ll deserve it.

Lachie Fogarty might slowly change that hopefully. Also the first rounder that we got for Henderson that we used for Harry from memory.

Yep. Conveniently, when opposition supporters talk about us raiding GWS and ending up with Plowman etc etc etc etc, they leave out the 1st round pick that ended up being Harry.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back