Senior 13. Blake Acres

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome, Blake!

Hats off to Austin. Knows exactly what we need and how much to spend!
Austin has been working things at Carlton to push us well and truly over the line next season, now has got us a good winger who can just add that pace and dash we need with size....dont know a lot about about Blake however a lot of solid reviews from reputable Afl players...
our wings were so weak this year....even with significant improvement ,we were still weak

Carlton......this is a big one !!!!!
Carlton Fc Celebration GIF by Carlton Football Club

But it's going to feel like there's 10 Acres on the last day of September 2023!
Taking it one step too far...

In matches played at the MCG, Acres averages 3.6 marks per match. He averages 0.2 goals per match, 2.3 clearances and 1.2 frees for. But... he also averages 2.4 clangers and 0.5 frees against.

3.6 + 0.2 + 2.3 + 1.2 - 2.4 - 0.5 = 4.4 = the surface area of the MCG in acres.

O'Brien likely to be the number one on the other wing. Wonder how having Acres affects that role. Will it be more a defensive role or does it mean the opposition try to defend Acres and attack through the other wing?

Wonder whether it releases O'Brien more or less. Will teams target Acres more in our side? Will be interesting to see. If he can give is a similar season he gave Freo this year it really tops our midfield off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

O'Brien likely to be the number one on the other wing. Wonder how having Acres affects that role. Will it be more a defensive role or does it mean the opposition try to defend Acres and attack through the other wing?

Wonder whether it releases O'Brien more or less. Will teams target Acres more in our side? Will be interesting to see. If he can give is a similar season he gave Freo this year it really tops our midfield off.
Dunno re the other wing for LOB.

With non KP backs like Saad, Doch, Zac, Marchy, Gov, Boyd and Newman all strong back 7 options, can’t help but think that one of this group will be pushed up to the wing - my guess is Doch or Zac. I hope the latter finds a tank in the off season as I really hope it’s him.

Whatever, Cotts and LOB will have strong opposition for that other wing (oh..and Carroll too)

A couple of trips to Donnini's & a years supply of Delverde pasta and he will be hooked Mezz.

Hates pineapple on pizza :laughv1:
Even hates the pizza under the pineapple! Who doesn't eat pizza?

Dunno re the other wing for LOB.

With non KP backs like Saad, Doch, Zac, Marchy, Gov, Boyd and Newman all strong back 7 options, can’t help but think that one of this group will be pushed up to the wing - my guess is Doch or Zac. I hope the latter finds a tank in the off season as I really hope it’s him.

Whatever, Cotts and LOB will have strong opposition for that other wing (oh..and Carroll too)
Agree we now have several good options for sml defensive position.
Most should be aerobically fit and AFL standard ready by now, as they are well into their footy careers, several won’t be around too much longer.
Keep our fingers crossed.

So glad to have Blake at the club! He’s finally realised his potential and put it all together. Was always touted to be a really good player and to actually get this version of him to our club is perfect recruitment. Go blues!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back