Senior 13. Blake Acres

Remove this Banner Ad

Far out, I wouldn’t stick around being lowballed at $180k either. And I’m not all that good at what I do.
I was surprised when I heard that. Sounds like Freo needed to free up salary cap space and by doing this expected him to look elsewhere. I heard that he will be getting around $350,000 a year with us which is not much these days.
Great trade for us.

Good pick up guys. Pretty much a free swing for a 3rd. He's big-bodied and will massively help you defensively, especially on transition where you've been pretty poor.

Delivery leaves a bit to be desired, but he can put it i50 from a mile out (and a mile up), so Curnow and Harry should have plenty to jump at. Not seen him perform well in a non-contract year, but that could be due to being ****ed around at the Saints, then taking time to settle and grow into the wing role at Freo. If it is you'll have one of the recruits of the year, if not you'll have a player that was probably worth a 4th rounder.

Catch you guys next year for another humdinger or two!

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Other than Hamish and Lively, name me a single good Blake...
B46aWfzf_400x400.jpeg

Great pick up..
Low balled by the Dockers with the view that they would hope he'd go.
Has a similar feel to the Zach Touhy situation.. I'd be stoked if Acres tracks as well as Zach has..

From THE AGE article tonight...

Acres expects to find himself at home on the wing at Carlton

New Blue Blake Acres is confident he will fit in well at Carlton after being traded from Fremantle on Tuesday.
The 26-year-old wingman will return to Victoria to play for Carlton in 2023 in exchange for a future third-round pick after a career-best season at Fremantle this year and said he had already spoken with his future teammates, including former Docker Adam Cerra and Blues captain Patrick Cripps.

“I had a few texts with him [Cerra] ... I just sort of checked in with him seeing how he’s going and just sort of throw it out there that there’s a potential I’ll be going into Carlton next season and he said he’d be pumped, and yeah, it wasn’t a huge conversation with him.
“I had a few convos with Crippa [Cripps] as well and a few of the other guys there. And I know a few of them and they’re all good fellas. So, I feel like I’ll be able to fit in right straight away,” Acres said.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was especially impressed with the fact he performed well and handled the pressure in both finals for Freo recently.
He's going to get a whole lot more finals experience in the next few years...

Good pick up guys. Pretty much a free swing for a 3rd. He's big-bodied and will massively help you defensively, especially on transition where you've been pretty poor.

Delivery leaves a bit to be desired, but he can put it i50 from a mile out (and a mile up), so Curnow and Harry should have plenty to jump at. Not seen him perform well in a non-contract year, but that could be due to being *ed around at the Saints, then taking time to settle and grow into the wing role at Freo. If it is you'll have one of the recruits of the year, if not you'll have a player that was probably worth a 4th rounder.

Catch you guys next year for another humdinger or two!

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thanks but gee if back-handed compliments were an Olympic sport ………..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Addresses one of our last major concerns on the list - one of the wing positions. Just need to find someone who can consistently fill the other wing and we’ll be right as rain.

Pumped about this acquisition 💙💙💙

We need a small forward who can finish consistently, a decent ruck who can impact up forward, a backup kpf. A damaging medium forward would be nice too.

We need a small forward who can finish consistently, a decent ruck who can impact up forward, a backup kpf. A damaging medium forward would be nice too.

The good thing is none of those cost as much as other positions - and we may have 3 out of 4 on our list already but need a lot more natural development

We should be able to bring in pretty good talent with picks 10 and 29 so we could be heading for real tight competition for best 22 spots.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Really good recruitment, gives our younger wingmen more development time. Wing is not the easiest position to play, have to be a great athlete and really smart. Lochie O'Brien goes from our number one wingman to number two which probably takes some of the heat off his game. Just keep plugging the holes on the list and building the midfield up which he does.

The good thing is none of those cost as much as other positions - and we may have 3 out of 4 on our list already but need a lot more natural development

We should be able to bring in pretty good talent with picks 10 and 29 so we could be heading for real tight competition for best 22 spots.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

With the likes of Williams, Newman, Martin, Cuners, Pitto, Brackets and Marchbank fit (touch wood), it's already darn hard to pick a best 22.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back