Past #15: Daniel Howe - #31 in '14 ND to HFC - delisted end '22 - #33 in '23 RD to NM -retires from AFL & NM end '23 - 107 AFL games / 11 NM games

Remove this Banner Ad

A way better battler option in the senior's than kayne turner at least.

Well what would I know why we have picked him up but I can surmise.

Is 193 cm, so a reasonable size, played 87 games under Clarkson up to the end of 2021, so maybe, just maybe, our new Coach might have put in a word for him; and what would Clarkson know?; averages 16.2 disposals, 4.5 marks and 3.6 tackles a game, will turn 27 on Sunday, like Liam Shiells, will understand the Clarkson approach and he fits the criteria for one of the two extra Rookie spots allocated to us by the AFL.

Glad Howey got another chance. He's way too good for VFL and put in some seriously solid AFL performances, notably in the second half of last season.

He simply didn't have enough special tricks to stay on our list with Sam Mitchell looking to lower our age demographic and fast track the next generation.

He'll crack in hard, lay some timely tackles, work hard defensively and be generally neat in his disposal.

Does Clarko still view him as a best 22 player? Time will tell I guess.

It’s obvious the Hawks are tanking the 2023 season. It’s as blatant as it gets

I had to delete my post. I don’t understand why we picked him up. He’s 188, makes no sense. He may have been picked up for standards and professionalism purposes in the VFL? Doesn’t hurt, I know * all about this campaigner though

I had to delete my post. I don’t understand why we picked him up. He’s 188, makes no sense. He may have been picked up for standards and professionalism purposes in the VFL? Doesn’t hurt, I know * all about this campaigner though
Hey mate - wrong thread
He’s 3 times the player turner is
Has shown he can accumulate, has a booming kick and hard as a cats head

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daniel Howe = The Dictator.

Don’t you think Viney & Clarko know what he’s like & know what they are doing ?
In Clarko we trust 👍💪👌

He was one of Clarko’s favourite. Have no idea why, because as a footballer he sucks. Poor decision maker and avg skills. Might provide some leadership around the club, but so does Turner and we know how useless he is on the footy field.

He was one of Clarko’s favourite. Have no idea why, because as a footballer he sucks. Poor decision maker and avg skills. Might provide some leadership around the club, but so does Turner and we know how useless he is on the footy field.
Another big body with defensive attributes, should help VFL team. Just wish we went for more guys with elite skills for our mature age pick ups.

Another big body with defensive attributes, should help VFL team. Just wish we went for more guys with elite skills for our mature age pick ups.
I don’t think guys with elite skills are available

Poor decision maker & avg skills … ?
it’s obvious u have not seen him play . 100 game player in a good system & coached by the best for 7 years….
I keep saying it ….
Whilst we are prepared to carry players like Jack Z , Turner , Lazzaro ,Bonar , Mahoney , Spicer & co .
This guy is def a cut above & can bring something to a young side

Howe will never set the world on fire and all going well will play very little senior footy. But he obviously has Clarko vouching for him and will provide leadership and experience in the 2s.
As others have said, a competitive VFL side will make a big difference to the development of our kids. Learn nothing playing out of position, in 10 goal losses every week.

Poor decision maker & avg skills … ?
it’s obvious u have not seen him play . 100 game player in a good system & coached by the best for 7 years….
I keep saying it ….
Whilst we are prepared to carry players like Jack Z , Turner , Lazzaro ,Bonar , Mahoney , Spicer & co .
This guy is def a cut above & can bring something to a young side

I’ve seen him play plenty. The reasons I mentioned were the reasons why he was delisted. Speaking of his delisting he was just delisted by a club that has even less experience and less leadership than us. Obviously not that good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back