Lifestyle "1983 Redux Zeitgeist Surf School"

Remove this Banner Ad

I just love that the most radical and fervent revolutionary class were known as Sans-culottes immediately before and during the French Revolution. Defined by the absence of a type of clothing.
Silk breaches.
Modern day; mens breifs, underpants are culottes-boxer shorts, all styles, all sexes etc.
Imagine my surprise when I first heard men's underwear being referred to as 'Kangourous' (French spelling).
It had to be explained to me that there was a brand called that with extensive advertising when modern jockey style breifs made their first appearance in the 50's.
I was like WTF...how could that be, That is so not right.
Cultural chundies confusion.
le seul normal par sa conception.png

Last edited:
Silk breaches.
Modern day; mens breifs, underpants are culottes-boxer shorts, all styles, all sexes etc.
Imagine my surprise when I first heard men's underwear being referred to as 'Kangarous' (French spelling).
It had to be explained to me that there was a brand called that with extensive advertising when modern jockey style breifs made their first appearance in the 60's.
I was like WTF...how could that be, That is so not right.
Cultural chundies confusion.
You should have explained that in Australia they are known as Reg Grundys - that would have confused things further.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back