News 20 Consecutive days of AFL - Fixture released Rounds 9 (revised) 10, 11 and 12

Remove this Banner Ad

L
Lol, completely clueless like most Richmond supporters.

4 games in 19 days with one trip.

4 games in 13 days travelling across the country after each one

Perth-Bris -Ade -Bris

But we understand Richmond doesn’t know what travelling is since they never travelled whilst games were allowed in Melbourne and rarely traveled in recent years either
LOL A pies supporter complaining about travelling.This is gold.

What is going on in this thread? Are Richmond and Collingwood fans really arguing over who has the toughest fixture and travelling the most?
Wowee
Not from this end, luck of the draw, as usual. As for them, the never ending Pie whinge, draw umpires injuries.

No Aherm required, was a comment on a previous whinge from you lot. Like injuries, it is the luck of the draw. Not some conspiracy to bring your club down. Eight premiership players out who cares, you need depth.

No Aherm required, was a comment on a previous whinge from you lot. Like injuries, it is the luck of the draw. Not some conspiracy to bring your club down. Eight premiership players out who cares, you need depth.
...how did your "depth" go against GWS? No excuses -just beaten by a better side? Fair enough.

...how did your "depth" go against GWS? No excuses -just beaten by a better side? Fair enough.
Yep.....no excuses, we have long term injuries. Thought we were ok against GWS, but beaten by better team on the night.

4 in 13 is bad, but their opposition is weak.

Collingwood: Freo, Swans, Adelaide Melbourne (4 in 13)
Geelong: Eagles, North, Saints, Port (4 in 14)
Richmond: Bulldogs, Brisbane, Port, Suns (4 in 19)

Out of the 3, Richmond have the hardest matchups and Collingwood the worst breaks, but overall I'd say Geelong has it harder if you combine matchups with breaks.
Consider though we get a 9 dayer at the end. Our 4 game stretch really started Friday and ends next Saturday with the Port game. 4 in 15 with two road trips and opponents are GWS, WB, Brisbane and Port. That’s a tough two weeks.

St Kilda travels more than Collingwood every other season and Collingwood played at the MCG for about 2 months straight prior to the 2010 finals series, I bet you weren't complaining then.
Freo didn't play a game at the MCG in the 2010 season until they got belted by Geelong in the semi final

Freo didn't play a game at the MCG in the 2010 season until they got belted by Geelong in the semi final
You belted us at home in 2013 after losing to us by 41 in the main season.

Do you give credit to the MCG for winning that game?

The teams for Melbourne v Port Adelaide will be announced on Wednesday night.

The teams for Carlton v Hawthorn and Essendon v Brisbane Lions will be announced on Thursday night.

The teams for North Melbourne v Adelaide Crows, St Kilda v Sydney Swans and West Coast Eagles v Geelong Cats will be announced on Friday night.

The teams for Gold Coast Suns v GWS Giants and Fremantle v Collingwood will be announced on Saturday night.

Consider though we get a 9 dayer at the end. Our 4 game stretch really started Friday and ends next Saturday with the Port game. 4 in 15 with two road trips and opponents are GWS, WB, Brisbane and Port. That’s a tough two weeks.
Nah. That's standard average. Port has a very similar setup and no one thinks they've been hard done by except Power fans. And that's after the 6 straight games on the road as well.
It's just how it is, and the only people that matter (the teams) won't really care I don't think.
Even Geelong have an 11 day break leading into their very difficult 13 days. Freshen up a few players which will help a tiny bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah. That's standard average. Port has a very similar setup and no one thinks they've been hard done by except Power fans. And that's after the 6 straight games on the road as well.
It's just how it is, and the only people that matter (the teams) won't really care I don't think.
Even Geelong have an 11 day break leading into their very difficult 13 days. Freshen up a few players which will help a tiny bit.
Standard average is playing 4 of the best teams in the league consecutively?
The breaks are ok but the teams we are playing in this period are brutal.

Standard average is playing 4 of the best teams in the league consecutively?
The breaks are ok but the teams we are playing in this period are brutal.
Gotta play them sometime.
We've got Melb, Bulldogs, Richmond, Geelong.

Once we slump to 6-6, means that the run home should be better to eventually finish 10th.

How does it look with Q closing?
Dunno yet, I’ll have a look and do any updates a bit later when I’ve got time. I’m flat out scratching and sleeping right now.

Why isn't ch7.broadcasting games?
Ch 7 paid for:
22 Friday Night games (17 this season)
22 Saturday Night games (17 this season)
22 Sunday Arvo games (17 this season, some moved in the festival of footy)
11 Other games (8/9 this season, mostly thursday nights).

So in any given round Ch 7 have paid for 3.5 games out of the 9. They don't get any extra because of the festival of footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back