Player Watch #20: Nick 'Souva' Larkey - '23 AA & '24 NM VC

Remove this Banner Ad

Brad said "we will try a few new things up forward."

I suspect we'll see BBB up the ground a lot more and Larkey in the arc.
Larkey needs to play FF. Brown can move up with Woody being the outlet on the wing.

Noticed big chunky calves on him at 57 seconds in. And decent thigh size. Good to see. I'm sure he's been working hard on the rest of it too, but adding mass in the legs is probably more important in the overall picture anyway.

If I remember correctly, in Larkey’s famous “zero stat“ first game, the commentators kept mentioning the fact that he was leading really well and appeared to have a very good footy brain. He just couldn’t complete the deal on the day. If that still is the case (and why shouldn’t it be?), then he surely deserves another crack.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah he looked good. Got good seperation on the lead looked just spilled what were relatively simple marks. Occassion probably got the better of him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah he looked good. Got good seperation on the lead looked just spilled what were relatively simple marks. Occassion probably got the better of him
So we've waited until the perfect time with no pressure to bring him back in.

Mildy alarming when you realise that 1 of the last 18 Frosty Miller Medal winners actually had a respectable AFL career. And that was our very own Aaron Edwards.

That interview is disturbing. The reason being is that you can see, he was fed up of not getting a look in. Rightly so too.

That interview is disturbing. The reason being is that you can see, he was fed up of not getting a look in. Rightly so too.
A couple of things concern me, neither of them personally problems I see with Nick, but more evidence that things are not right. The more likely truth is I've become so suspicious of everything coming out of the club that I'm reading too much in to things.

1. Said he didn't get a look in last year as we did well. I don't remember us winning the flag? Do casual comments from across the club reflect that we're happy with mediocrity?

2. Right at the end, Nick went to say he looked forward to doing his best, but quickly corrected himself to say he looked forward to playing his role. Even this bloke, who showed a bit of character and likes a laugh has been reprogrammed to a robot.

Maybe I'm just over tired from wrestling with the kids all week!

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Nick it’s time to show us that you can kick a few and show that we need you in the Senior side.Good Luck and play him for the rest of the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back