2005 is gawn! Time to blood the youngsters.

Remove this Banner Ad

pieman1

Club Legend
Sep 10, 2004
Other Teams
collingwood
We can't compete with out our best players pure and simple. Time to blood the youngsters(I know its well overdue) and dump the serial duds right here right now!!!! The Yak, Heater, Rusling and Egan all need to be introduced over the next couple of weeks. Williams will be known fron now on as sweet F**k all because that what he gives us SFA. Obree, terrible, enough is enough with these guys. Time to start planning for 2006. On a positive note I think I can say Rhyce has finally arrived as a consistent league footballer. And well done to Presti who gave Lloyd a bath, it should have been 0 goals.

When Willo and Cheesy get dropped (and they HAVE to after that display) I'm having a party and you're all invited. :)

Well, we are losing with our "strong experienced team", so we may as well lose with putting our youngsters in and at least grow them up for future success in future years.

Despite all MM's sprays at 3 qtr time, and the rest of the media madness techniques, could we please have some quiet sense:

Our aging "seniors" - eg O'Bree (passed ball to opposition so often; soft 15 possessions; no snap on goals); Williams (may be a great bloke and great training model, but again gave the ball away to Dons and simply registered minus on the richter scale now to the obvious view of all of Australia seeing this live - if is included next week ahead of a newbie who may also get only 3 touches .... or might surprisingly be best afield a la Lovett ... then Collingwood needs a Royal Commission on corruption and internal favours.

If obree and williams dont get dropped ill burn the lexus centre to the ground.

Its amazing these blokes get games and lonie cant get a look in atm.

Lonies has his weaknesses but surely his better than those two.

yes its time they gave the club a good clean up...get rid of those duds an those other idiots in the coaches box....woewoding should either be traded or delisted...sick of him...his been pethetic since coming 2 cwood

Good game, thought you guys put up a good effort with the key position players you's are missing.

Presti did very well on Lloyd, but with Lovett I guess all we needed was for Lloydy to bring it to ground!

No idea why Andrew Williams is in the team, Travis Cloke looks like a superstar, and has one booming left foot kick!

Good game, good luck next week v the saints!

get rid of at least williams, drop woey but not permantley, he needs a spell after yesterdays efforts. o'bree, yeah, i guess. not convinced yet. get some kids in, would like to see the egans, the shaws, the ruslings, the yaks, the kings, the swans, the davidsons and see where we really are at 'as a list'.

anyway. end of season
williams GONE woey GONE lokan GONE b.morrisson GONE walker GONE (UNLESS PUTS IN A WORTH-KEEPING SEASON) o'bree GONE hall LAST CHANCE king and swan NEED TO KEEP UP PERFORMING FOR TWOS OR GONE

we dont do a 'mini' clean out, we will slide down further next year, that im sure of. but i also do believe that the nucleus is still there that with a clean out of those above and improvement on the list from that, we can go back into contention next year. a portion of the list is dragging us down from being finalists. cut them off, successful offseason draft and trade wise, cant see why we cant be back to 02,03 heights, i really dont. its funny how when you analyise our list taking 02, 03 into account, we dont need to do a whole lot really to get us from a probable bottom four this year to a lower to mid top eight next year. the thing is though, i dont think thats how our footy dept see it so probably more of the same next year i guess. so get yourself comfy, this could take a while longer....

Winderlich said:
Good game, thought you guys put up a good effort with the key position players you's are missing.

Presti did very well on Lloyd, but with Lovett I guess all we needed was for Lloydy to bring it to ground!

No idea why Andrew Williams is in the team, Travis Cloke looks like a superstar, and has one booming left foot kick!

Good game, good luck next week v the saints!
Thanks mate,Trav does look alright aye. :D
Don't think anyone knows why Williams is still in the side. :confused:

Even though I am one who has stood up for Woewodin week in, week out on Big Footy, I think he needs to be omitted this week. He is not a bad player, but you need to be disciplined, and for him, stringing together a bad start to the season, and under-performing every week, time to go to Williamstown and earn his stripes along with Lonie. O'Bree is just a player who is easy to pick out, but i guess his season is so far under-rated. Williams was pretty much told by the stench of pine on the weekend that he will be at Williamstown.

Iacabucci and Heath Shaw - time to come in, or maybe Rusling aswell, in exchange for Williams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheers Jabso.
Either way I am not fussed, just that he is under-performing, and is the most out of form player in the Pies and maybe even the AFL, or up there with the likes of maybe Matera and whoever else.

Read in this afternoons Mx paper, that Eddie has even declared our season is practically over. Surprised me seeing we our only 5 rounds in, maybe he was just trying to fire up the lads before this weekends game. l don't agree the season is a right off, we our only 1 game out of eigth spot, we have the likesof Fraser and Richards back probably this week, there's a kid by the name of T. Cloke that looks a natural footballer, who is going to cause headaches for opposition coaches for the remainder of the season, because of his height, strength and athletic ability. Iaccobucci looks a very good player, saw him play on sunday and dominated the midfield, and Rusling has a super quick lead ala Tarrant and can take a mark. These two will play against the saints on Sunday. There are things to look forward to, remain positive.

jimmy_clement#8 said:
anyway. end of season
williams GONE woey GONE lokan GONE b.morrisson GONE walker GONE (UNLESS PUTS IN A WORTH-KEEPING SEASON) o'bree GONE hall LAST CHANCE king and swan NEED TO KEEP UP PERFORMING FOR TWOS OR GONE

Agree, Disagree, Agree, Disagree, Disagree, Agree, Disagree, and they are.

Williams is definately gone at years end, no doubt... same with lokan and hopefully obree, the others, morrison is only 18 this year, that means he is still the same age as trav, egan, rus and yakka, walker has shown enough to be at minimum a depth player, i believe he is a future HBF, in the Wakelin mould. Hall, could be a "Keatingesque" ruckman, could be a CHB. King and Swan are great depth playing some good footy in the Magoos.

O'Bree > Woewodin and Lockyer.
Woewodin is probably more capable than Cheesey but O'Bree just gets it over him because he is a bit younger and although it's been a LONG TIME, if he hits form he is a real bonus and this year he has at least contributed tackles, unlike Lockyer who just coasts around getting possesions and easy chip kicks.

woewodin just doesnt seem to have his heart in it......surprising really cos his character would indicate he is the type of bloke who would bleed for whoever he represented.....

needs to pull his finger out

where does dane Swan fit in? best-on in the ressies, another week or two there and id imagine he would step up in the Magpies lineup....a much better option than randy andy in the side

Williams has tested even Malthouse's patience to the limit....which is hard to imagine really cos Mick keeps picking him

Woewodin > Out of form, might be omitted this week but he will fight back and come back in. Woewodin isn't gone, he is far from a bad player. He is only having a bad patch that needs some fixing.

Swan > Needs to get back in the side so we can see what he can do for us. There is talent, but we need to see it before it dries up playing 2nd class football. Half-Back Flank isn't a place you can buy now, because Lonie can't even take it.

Lonie > Senior player who needs to play taller as a footballer and mark his name on the game. Very hard to come back in the side as Morrison fills in his spot. Similar to Swan, except more experienced.

W Morrison > Has the expectations for some people, has no expectations from other. He is a full-forward that isn't at AFL standards yet, now in his second year. Contributed a bag in the pre-season but hasn't stood out in the season so far.

B Hall > Who

O'Bree > Why is he even considered on this list? He has done nothing wrong this season, just an easy target for people who don't watch enough footy.

Williams > Sadly will be back in the VFL for most likely the rest of his career. Hasn't showed us anything despite MM persisted with him, which was fair. Had to have an impact this year to keep his spot, he can work his way back in, but I doubt it.

Lokan > Still a handy player, yet no real spot in the side for him. Should come in, despite we want to go with the youth, but I think we can give him another chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back