2006 premiership revisited

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry for the bump but was looking at our 06 flag team today and even tho it’s a known fact how our players hit a wall post 30. I was taken back at how earlyish some of these guys retired at. 10 of those guys retired at either 30 or younger( 5 of them retired before tho). Even guys like Judd, lynch and butler lasted till 31.

Wonder how the 2018 crop turns out to be like. We already had Bunga and JK play deep into their 30’s and even Boots at 33 played a bit into his 30’s. Gaff’s very likely to be done at seasons ends but if Darling goes on next season he’ll be 33 (as well as gov) thats 5 blokes playing past 32 and 3 more than the 06 cropped

Sorry for the bump but was looking at our 06 flag team today and even tho it’s a known fact how our players hit a wall post 30. I was taken back at how earlyish some of these guys retired at. 10 of those guys retired at either 30 or younger( 5 of them retired before tho). Even guys like Judd, lynch and butler lasted till 31.

Wonder how the 2018 crop turns out to be like. We already had Bunga and JK play deep into their 30’s and even Boots at 33 played a bit into his 30’s. Gaff’s very likely to be done at seasons ends but if Darling goes on next season he’ll be 33 (as well as gov) thats 5 blokes playing past 32 and 3 more than the 06 cropped
Yeah I wonder what caused the 06 guys to wear out a bit younger than you'd otherwise expect? Quite the mystery.

Yeah I wonder what caused the 06 guys to wear out a bit younger than you'd otherwise expect? Quite the mystery.
They've publicly admitted that they embraced over training which gave them a physical edge for a few years but then a bunch broke down. Pretty sure Cox once said that the club gave you a fitness program and then they'd all push each other to do a bunch of training on top of it to become extremely fit.

They've publicly admitted that they embraced over training which gave them a physical edge for a few years but then a bunch broke down. Pretty sure Cox once said that the club gave you a fitness program and then they'd all push each other to do a bunch of training on top of it to become extremely fit.

Need to get cox out of Sydney before his kids are tied to the swans academy 🤬

I remember Michael Braun overtrained so much that he was told by the club to ease back.

Need to get cox out of Sydney

No Way What GIF by First We Feast

I remember Michael Braun overtrained so much that he was told by the club to ease back.
I've heard on some podcast, probably BackChat, a story about something to do with an oxygen tent or mask he was using to recover quicker during pre season so he was ready for round one?

Que Homer Simpson memes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back