2011 Dream Team and SuperCoach questions thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey guys,

Looking to trades out Grimes and deciding between Mackie, Scarlett and Harry Taylor. Taylor is at about $220,00, Mackie is at $290,000 and Scarlett at $298,000. Would it be worth trading down to Taylor and making a bit of money or are Scarlett / Mackie the safer bets to justify the spending by putting up decent scores. Who would you go? Thanks!

Scrub Mackie mate, he's not a definite lock whereas the other two are (not saying Mackie will be dropped just saying you know the other two won't be ever).

Scarlett's interesting, if he keeps getting freed up by Lonergan he could score quite well, however if forwards get off the leash he might be sent back to them and it would curtail his scores. And there's always a risk of susp or injury at his age.

Taylor would be the pick for me. He will be inconsistent, which you have to deal with if you get him, because some weeks he'll be given jobs on quality forwards that will keep him busy. However he takes a lot of contested marks for SC which equals high scores. And whenever he's freed up he'll score well. I'm not sure Taylor will be an absolute premium this year (although there's precious little premium back depth this year) but I think he's undervalued at 320k.

So, make of that what you will, but Taylor I would go.

Hey guys, tough choice to make.. but Selwood or Bartel as a premium mid? Both obviously quality but who do you guys reckon will just be that better DTer??

Interesting to see Bartel spent alot of time up forward last week.. but still got a reasonable score. Is Scott just using that fwd spot to rest him like Swanny or is he being groomed to spend abit more time up fwd since you guys have so many quality mids to rotate through?

And of course we all know about Selwood, who will just pump out a big score every week pending injury and is just about untaggable due to his game style..

Leaning towards Joel but Bartel's price looks so tempting (especially after another price drop) and could average just as much..

Cheers!

Sorry I should have clarified, it's for DT. Would you still go with Taylor even thoufh it's DT where he isn't as strong? Thanks for the help

Ladies and gents,

Third of the way through the season has woodyman leading the pack in our Dream Team competition with a rank of 356 and Ash023 for SuperCoach with a rank of 123.

These are both excellent performances to date, however there is a long way to go and both BFSC Platinum memberships are still up for grabs.

Check where you are ranked on both our Dream Team and SuperCoach ladders now!

I'm planning on getting 4000 per week over the last 4 rounds to catch them SJ

Chappy said that he is catching up on fitness, did he miss some pre-season or something? cheers

Wondering if anyone can give me a rundown on Jimmy Bartel? Gee he's a dangerous player but it seems he's being wasted in the forward line and barely on the ball at all? He's worth a lot of cash and unless he starts putting up 100-110+ soon hell be dropping and im unsure of whether to keep him. Is it a fitness thing or is it Scott playing around with him and using his versatility to plug up the fwd line?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone tell me how far away Byrnes is from returning to senior footy?

Returning to playing in the VFL this week but has missed a lot of footy so is probably about 3-4 weeks away from seniors.

Will Chapman play this weekend?

If hes named Im bringing him into Supercoach, and possibly DT aswell.

They will win without him and Im thinking they could just leave him out or sub him to keep him fresh for the following rounds.

anyone care to give any insight?>

Wondering if anyone can give me a rundown on Jimmy Bartel? Gee he's a dangerous player but it seems he's being wasted in the forward line and barely on the ball at all? He's worth a lot of cash and unless he starts putting up 100-110+ soon hell be dropping and im unsure of whether to keep him. Is it a fitness thing or is it Scott playing around with him and using his versatility to plug up the fwd line?

Having watched the Geelong v Carlton game last Friday I too am also curious if his is now a permanent or temporary role for Bartel. As he spent alot of time in the forward 50, or is this just until Cam Mooney comes
back?

Scott is experimenting with bartel but he is a brownlow midfield star this won't be permanent no way.

Seeing as Chapman is named. What are the chances of him being a late withdrawal (been reading he is a bit sore) or being the sub or subbed off early when the game is won?

Cheers

Seeing as Chapman is named. What are the chances of him being a late withdrawal (been reading he is a bit sore) or being the sub or subbed off early when the game is won?

Cheers

It's certainly possible.

I share your concerns because he's in my team too.

It's certainly possible.

I share your concerns because he's in my team too.

Thanks, I'm bringing him and Sylvia into my team this week and next week. Wanted to get Chappy this week if he plays as he should score big but I'll go the safer option and bring in Sylvia this week and Chappy next week instead.

Cheers

The naming of Menzel as an emergency has certainly caused some head-scratching here; the smart money is for someone to be a late withdrawal for him. Chapman would be a likely candidate given his history and the fact that he and Menzel play similar positions.

Thanks, I'm bringing him and Sylvia into my team this week and next week. Wanted to get Chappy this week if he plays as he should score big but I'll go the safer option and bring in Sylvia this week and Chappy next week instead.

No worries.

I was only basing it on the fact that he looked a bit sore at times and finished the match on the bench even when the game was in the balance (as you may have noticed).

Anyway, because we're playing GC it's hard for us to know, any number of players could be a late out with "injury" so I suspect Chappy, but it could be anyone.

Sylvia went well tonight so either way you shouldn't be too disappointed.

Phew lucky I didn't trade Chappy in and make him my captain!! Went for Roughead instead.
Chappy's been having some low scores lately, any particular reason for this.
Reckon he will return to a 100+ average? Looking to trade him in in the next few weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back