Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Armchair Endzone Minor Comp Winner Armchair Endzone Participant
Oct 27, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Everton
It's only a week until pre-season training starts, according to my email from Swans, so I figure we'd start a thread where we can shoot the breeze about all things pre-season. Who's tearing it up, who's training with whom and the like.

Swans are having a sausage sizzle at their first pre-season session, so I'll try and get along to that and see what is going on. If I don't have cricket training, that is. :confused:

Alrighty- A bit of goss for you gents.

Leon Davis had a offer put in his hands by Perth......
Cash for playing and obviously a position in their newly set up Indigenous Development role

Perth has some millionare president now, so he might be persuaded to assist him.

Otherwise as per the paper today- Swans have made an offer to him (sounds fair really we give them Krakouer they give us Davis).

Shaun Hildebrandt has moved from Subiaco to Swan Districts. Michael Rix and Des Headland have retired from the Lions as has Ali Pickett.

Claremont have suffered a massive loss this morining with Simon McPheeannouncing that he will coach Sandringham in the VFL and be the development manager at St Kilda.

Thanks for your contribution to e club Simon and best of luck for the future, I'm sure that you will be the first non-AFL player to coach!

Claremont have suffered a massive loss this morining with Simon McPheeannouncing that he will coach Sandringham in the VFL and be the development manager at St Kilda.

Thanks for your contribution to e club Simon and best of luck for the future, I'm sure that you will be the first non-AFL player to coach!

Ever heard of a bloke named John Todd? Non-AFL player that coached WCE! and Neil Craig from Adelaide to name another...

But well done to McPhee, last 2 years premiership coaches both gone from WAFL coaching.. Best decision Claremont made to replace Roger Kerr with him

Good luck Simon top bloke and top coach! have a feeling it will be between Ross Mcqueen and Adam Lange for the job does anyone no where the they'll be playing next year with the development on the oval?

Davo, I believe that the development will begin in 2013. That year, we will play at the show grounds, or maybe even South or East Fremantle oval

What's happening at Swans? Twomey and Geappen signed with Southport in the NEAFL.

What's happening at Swans? Twomey and Geappen signed with Southport in the NEAFL.

Can only ascertain that Swans let Geappen leave, because they announced before the GF that he had signed with Swans for another year.

Twomey would have been a welcome addition back to the club. Does that Robinson is going with him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kym Monteath becomes a Royal. Pat Travers back to Peel. Aaron Elari approached by Swans interesting to see how that goes.

Llane Spaanderman has signed with Perth for 2 seasons. Still just 25 and a premiership ruckman with SD. Seemed to fall out of favour at Swans last year but still has plenty of WAFL footy ahead of him. Good pick up by the Dee's. He will help fill a void we've had at the club for a long time. We now have McDougall, De Jongh, Spaanderman, Houghton, Busher (if he doesn't get drafted - hope Freo pick him up) and possibly Tunbridge will get picked up by WC or Freo and play for us. Suddenly looking in good shape in the big man dept.

Spaanda is a good signing for the Dees so long as he is kept in line and doesn't get distracted by the possibility of belting someone, on the field of course..

Sad to see Pat Travers depart but back to Peel is a good thing, he can add some to their team next season.

Pleased by the arrival of Monteath he's got something that we've lacked which is leg speed, looks like Micale is building a midfield with some zip for 2012..

Shaun Hildebrandt has moved from Subiaco to Swan Districts. Michael Rix and Des Headland have retired from the Lions as has Ali Pickett.

Chad Cossom and Ben Keevers have both retired, Cossom called it quits mid season to focus on his new career as a lawyer. Danny Hughes is training with St. Kilda at the moment and Blake Broadhurst looks as if he will be travelling overseas with good mate Jeff Gobbels from West Perth.

Theo Adams retired? Didn't see that coming, he was one of their best. He installed my carpets, he'll probably continue with that for a living.

Souths apparantly had a hard enough time convincing him to play last season so makes sense he would want to retire. With his heart condition as well he probably thought why risk it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back