Match Discussion 2012 VAFA Premier C Grand Final : Parkdale Vultures v Fitzroy - TBO Sat 22 Sep

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought I’d wait for Phil’s match report before adding my two cents. Friday evening was indeed restless for yours truly. This was moreso related to a champagne performance by the Storm over the Silvertails prompting my continued shadow boxing deep into the night. Nonetheless after the resultant slow beginning to Saturday the Mrs and I eventually made our way to Sandringham. We caught the finale to the seconds, their victory presentation and life was good.

Half an hour later and life was bad as we were already four goals down in the firsts. We seemed outmatched in all departments, rarely making an entry into our attacking zone. In the desire to remain positive I reinforced this was exactly how the 1984 VFL Grand Final began. Sure enough the game mirrored the Essendon v Hawthorn classic over the following hour as Parkdale couldn’t break Royboy tenacity.

It was not lost upon me that the three quarter time margin was 23 points – identical to the 84 encounter. Ross Boland was threatening to mimic Leon Baker in the final quarter slotting an early major and bringing voice to the Conductors (how ironic). Before the Fitzroy chant dissipated Ablett was lining the big sticks up and victory could be sensed. As previously explained however the ball grazed the post. Bugger! Parkdale composed themselves and regularly managed goals at the most inconvenient times during the quarter to keep breathing distance on the scoreboard. Bugger!

Despite the result the players can keep their heads held high and take pride in their performance. They played with great courage and determination throughout the day. Such quality will no doubt hold them in good stead come 2013.

My attention now turns to Sunday evening. Carn the Storm!

Hi guys, been following you guys fairly closely this season after learning more about your history. Being in WA I'm not sure how the amateur system works over there, but is it the same as ours in that the two grand finalists get promoted?
Yeah N00bz0r in most of our divs its two up, two down. make Grand Final, you go up a div.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back