Match Discussion 2012 VAFA Premier C Grand Final : Parkdale Vultures v Fitzroy - TBO Sat 22 Sep

Remove this Banner Ad

grandfinalbanner.jpg

In lieu of a nifty banner as there isn't one to steal from http://www.fitzroyfc.com.au/ yet, here's a thread.
Edit: Stole it.

The opportunity arises for Fitzroy to win it's first senior flag since 1944, and it's first flag of any open-age grade since 1989.

At Trevor Barker Oval on Saturday September 22, minor premiers Parkdale Vultures will receive us for a rematch of the Second Semi. It will not be Fitzroy's intent to repeat that result.

All three open-age grades are in their respective Grand Finals at this ground, on this day, with the F-Troop and the FFFUUU-Troop both having won through to the sizeable rug-cut with 2nd Semi wins. The Seniors had to go back and get their hats, and slice Mazelol open for their opportunity. So this could be a triple, to add to the Brissy Lions no-ads continuous music of 2001-03 and the staggered 01, 03, 05 feasts of the mighty Redders upon Bentoverleigh, Penultimatia and Boremond respectively.

Official Fitzroy media channels http://www.fitzroyfc.com.au/ - https://twitter.com/Fitzroy_FC - http://www.facebook.com/fitzroyfc will be firing up with media everywhere but it's you guys and gals that can help, by getting the word out everywhere you can. PLaces like Bigfooty, as well as your own social media feeds (Facebook etc) are awesome places to spam every bastard you've ever bought a carton milk from 30 years ago. It would be beaut to get a big crowd of zealous roys down at Sandy for the match.

DETAILS:
2012 VAFA PREMIER C GRAND FINAL
Saturday 22 September Trevor Barker Oval, Beach Road, Sandringham
9.20am - Fitzroy Thirds v St Kevins
11.40am - Fitzroy Reserves v Marcellin
2.10pm - Fitzroy Seniors v Parkdale Vultures
Gates Open: 9am
Parking: Limited car parking around the ground
Public Transport: Train - Sandringham Line, both Hampton and Sandringham Stations are a 10 minute walk to Trevor Barker Oval.

VAFA FINALS ADMISSION PRICES Adult $15 Concession $10 Pensioner/Child U15 FREE Tickets are at the gate.

It's going to be a massive weekend for yours truly with the Storm preliminary final on Friday night followed by the Fitzroy grand final on Saturday. Can I pose the question, what are our prefered weather conditions for the day? I read that the match is forecasted to be played in warm weather - twenty-three degrees will feel like thirty given the miserable winter Melbourne's encountered this year. Is it just me or have we played our best football in dry conditions to date? Admittedly there'll be plenty of precipitation over the coming days and therefore we might need to bring in a chopper during the darkness of Friday night.

They will be bigger and taller so some wind without a mud bath may be the go. I and the "trouble and strife" plan to go to the North Fitzroy Arms for tea unless everyone wants to go elsewhere.

What about the team?

Any selections?

Ding Ding

Having been to the Semi-Final a couple of weeks ago where we got PUMPED, we have to make some changes if we are to prevail. Going taller and taking some grabs in the forward 50 is vital if we are to have any chance.

Parkdale are going to feel they have our measure and it appears that they do. We are going to have to play CRAZY BRAVE if we are to win. I think we can do it!

Fitzroy by 15 points

Having been to the Semi-Final a couple of weeks ago where we got PUMPED, we have to make some changes if we are to prevail. Going taller and taking some grabs in the forward 50 is vital if we are to have any chance.

Parkdale are going to feel they have our measure and it appears that they do. We are going to have to play CRAZY BRAVE if we are to win. I think we can do it!

Fitzroy by 15 points
I know we can do it , Fitzroy by 11 points Go Roy Boys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah mate, he is :)

Except for my Bay postings mate. Nothing but craftsmanship and quality here ;)

Bay 13 year olds. Site only has it cos any traffic is $ regardless of its quality.
I used to think that and never post on the Bay. Then GWS beat Port and I felt like trolling. Now I love the bay and can't stop posting there.
There is actually some quality on there (e.g. D_One's self pwnage).

Anyway back on topic, good luck in the Grand Final. Hopefully a Brisbane Lions reserves/Fitzroy double.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back