Match Discussion 2012 VAFA Premier C Round 10 Fitzroy v PEGS

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 20, 2009
Western Suburbs
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
FITZROY FC, NY Mets, Melbourne Aces
Fitzroy host Penleigh & Essondon Grammer, or as they're usually known "Old Essondon."
The Trent Cummings coached PEGS will struggle to be the Roys, who have turned Brunswick Street Oval into a bit of a fortress this season.
In team news Fitzroy have some big ins with gun midfielders Luke Ablett and Josh Vansittart both named. Ruckman Jess Carmeron Wootten also returns.

Scores can be found on twitter by following @Fitzroy_FC or by going to www.vafa.com.au and getting their VAFA scores smartphone app.

The game will also be field and be available to watch next week on the VAFA TV channel on www.dartfish.tv

Carn The Mighty Roys!!!

Seven in a row for the mighty Roys. As per the scores the first quarter was a particularly convincing performance. I admired the defensive pressure in the forward line which led to many turnovers. Equally the marking of the forwards was quality and created many goal scoring opportunities. I was only able to watch bits and pieces of the remaining contest which was played in sun, wind and rain - sometimes all at once. Despite some late goals which would have annoyed Phil, it was a committed and solid performance by the players.

For some reason I'm feeling the sudden urge to hang up my washing.

yes.gif

Fair streak now? LWLWWWWWWW or something?

That's right, SEVEN wins in a row now Comrade. CARN THE ROYS!

Marcellin have faltered against Mazenod today and thereby the Roys have a share of top spot. Admittedly Marcellin have got us on percentage for the moment. The updated ladder stands as:

Marcellin 10 8 2 0 166.18 32
Fitzroy 10 8 2 0 144.00 32
Parkdale Vultures 10 7 2 1 127.55 30
Old Camberwell 10 5 4 1 132.41 22
Mazenod 10 5 5 0 127.87 20
Banyule 10 5 5 0 111.84 20
PEGS 10 5 5 0 109.01 20
Rupertswood 10 5 5 0 95.71 20
Monash Blues 10 1 9 0 75.05 4
Hampton Rovers 10 0 10 0 25.94 0

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone's a winner - fantastic day for 1sts, 2nds and 3rds. So many of the players in all 3 teams have been coached by Michael P. at some point of their junior careers, the continuity and commitment to team ( and that winning feeling ) is outstanding. This is some sort of a club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back