2014 V8 Supercars

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back from the track to my hotel. Great day today, Sat at the Beach Chicane for the first half of the day, Probably the best view I've seen of the V8s. Moved to a grandstand at the end of the mainstraight with about 40 laps to go, Sweet view from there too.

Were any replays shown of Will Davisons scary tyre blowout on the main straight on the last lap?

Don't know how the bloody hell he saved that haha. One second he is going flat out down the straight, then I see him swerve directly at the wall and out of my sight, then he comes back in front of me with a shredded tyre.

HRT just suck. A clean out is in order.
I think they just need better drivers myself, I like Tander but unfortunately he is past it, but I'm not really sure who is out there for them to be honest. Can't see SVG or McLaughlin joining them anytime soon

Were any replays shown of Will Davisons scary tyre blowout on the main straight on the last lap?

Don't know how the bloody hell he saved that haha. One second he is going flat out down the straight, then I see him swerve directly at the wall and out of my sight, then he comes back in front of me with a shredded tyre.

No,but thanks for telling us why his car was stopped on track :thumbsu:

Love Frostys comment about what happened on the last lap

markjwinterbottom
3 hours ago
Had an engine issue on the last lap but got punted off at the last corner. Should be right though as Bargs will give my position back right? Anyway not complaining cars not fast enough we need to get this falcon back up the front. Sorry ford supporters we should be faster. #v8sc #gc600

I hope the V8 officials don't fine him for that post

I think they just need better drivers myself, I like Tander but unfortunately he is past it, but I'm not really sure who is out there for them to be honest. Can't see SVG or McLaughlin joining them anytime soon
Id love SVG to go there. Seems like they are grooming Percat for Tanders replacement. But I really can't see Tander or Courtney getting the flick. At least one needs to go.

Had to turn the commentary off when the utes were on due to Paul Morris treating the race as a joke.

Chad could not get a word in & when he did Paul would cut him off or talk over him.

Id love SVG to go there. Seems like they are grooming Percat for Tanders replacement. But I really can't see Tander or Courtney getting the flick. At least one needs to go.
I couldn't see SVG racing there, as good as it would be, I just don't think his personality would work there.
Courtney is actually starting to creep up there in years now too at 34 I wonder if he is starting to lose his shine a bit, and well Tander hasn't done much ever since he won the championship in 2007.

I couldn't see SVG racing there, as good as it would be, I just don't think his personality would work there.
Courtney is actually starting to creep up there in years now too at 34 I wonder if he is starting to lose his shine a bit, and well Tander hasn't done much ever since he won the championship in 2007.
It's weird both of them won a championship and HRT poached them. Both have done nothing in the championship. HRT just ain't what it used to be

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's weird both of them won a championship and HRT poached them. Both have done nothing in the championship. HRT just ain't what it used to be

I'd be really curious to see how each of these guys went if they left HRT and had a run elsewhere, are they past it or is HRT really struggling?

I'd be really curious to see how each of these guys went if they left HRT and had a run elsewhere, are they past it or is HRT really struggling?
All this HRT struggling stuff annoys me. Both drivers have wins this year and both are in the top ten in the championship. Obviously Tander isn't as good as he used to be he definitely isn't past it.

They are struggling. When the most successful team in V8 Supercars hasn't gotten anywhere near a championship for this long then they are struggling. I think the biggest complaint that people have is that they are struggling but there has been no change visible changes to the team ie the drivers. Surely HRT's standards of success are higher than just a couple wins a season.

Isn't this year the first year of an HRT restructure after pinching that guy (Burgess?) from Red Bull? How do this years results compare to last years? I'd imagine that they'll consolidate with Tander and Courtney with Percat to replace probably Tander soon and no doubt they'll chase a McLaughlin/Mostert/SVG in the next couple of years.

Courtney was 4th before his shocking two rounds Bathurst and GC, both of which weren't his fault.

Tander was also dealt a heavy blow at Bathurst, not even being able to start the race, a race that he is historically quick at.

anybody else attend the event???

I only had trackside seats and could not find anywhere good to watch the race, ended up going to a pub once the race started.

Club 600 :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

No,but thanks for telling us why his car was stopped on track :thumbsu:

Love Frostys comment about what happened on the last lap

I hope the V8 officials don't fine him for that post

Ingall got pinged 25 pts for the punt.So what's that,about 2 positions ?
Pissweak
If he'd done 10-15 laps earlier he may've got a drive-thru,which would've been more costly in points,but doing on the last lap you get a slap on the wrist.

Isn't this year the first year of an HRT restructure after pinching that guy (Burgess?) from Red Bull? How do this years results compare to last years? I'd imagine that they'll consolidate with Tander and Courtney with Percat to replace probably Tander soon and no doubt they'll chase a McLaughlin/Mostert/SVG in the next couple of years.

Isn't this year the first year of an HRT restructure after pinching that guy (Burgess?)

Yes

How do this years results compare to last years?

A little bit better

I'd imagine that they'll consolidate with Tander and Courtney with Percat to replace probably Tander soon

Slade & Percat are earmarked to get a ride in the coming years with HRT.

Main reason why ingall left was to get Tim Slade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back