2015 prelim

Remove this Banner Ad

When ****in Mayne missed that goal it just sucked the life out of everyone at the stadium. I swear I just knew he was gonna miss it when he was walking in, Collingwood giving him 4 years on decent coin is pure madness.
******* Mayne. :mad:

MQkCXy.gif

o_O

a few things I remembered that game.

-Griffin missed a shot on the dead of half time.

-Hawks played out of their skins. 15 goals and 4 behinds all 4 behinds were rushed behinds.

-Sheridans drop mark that resulted in Cyril kicking the sealer.

Only 2 freo losses I ended up in tears of devastation afterwards. The infamous game vs the crows in 2009 where we kicked 1 goal and the 2015 prelim. I was gutted as we just needed that once decent tall forward to support pav. It wasn't mean to be.

I have had my soul crushed many times. Only reason I haven't given up is only because the joy I want to feel just to see Freo get that elusive flag.

a few things I remembered that game.

-Griffin missed a shot on the dead of half time.

-Hawks played out of their skins. 15 goals and 4 behinds all 4 behinds were rushed behinds.

-Sheridans drop mark that resulted in Cyril kicking the sealer.

Only 2 freo losses I ended up in tears of devastation afterwards. The infamous game vs the crows in 2009 where we kicked 1 goal and the 2015 prelim. I was gutted as we just needed that once decent tall forward to support pav. It wasn't mean to be.

I have had my soul crushed many times. Only reason I haven't given up is only because the joy I want to feel just to see Freo get that elusive flag.
Glad I wasn't the only one in tears at the end of that one...first and hopefully last time sport has driven me to that. Made worse by sitting next to the 2 most irritating, drunk and obnoxious Hawks' fans and knowing that the bloody Eagles were likely to smash the Roos the next night.

Only a premiership will ease the pain of that night.

2015 Prelim hurt more than the 2013 grand final loss and the 2014 SF loss (though that was s**t for other reasons)

2015 we all sort of knew that was it. McPharlin was retiring. Pavlich had done his calf. Fyfe re-fractured his leg. Umpires killed us. Even if we had limped through we might have been humiliated by the slime and they still wouldn't have shut up about it

All combined to turn me in an absolute mess post-game

That's the worst I've ever felt about a game of football afterwards
2014 was like a funeral after at my place but it paled in comparison to the 2015 prelim
2013 was no fun Either but that was tempered by the thrill of being at the G on grand final day actually watching freo there
I sort of made a pledge to myself after that night to try and not emotionally invest so heavily into footy after that
I think i almost broke my Purple Heart

Still I'll be making the 8 hour return drive this weekend so there's still a pulse there

That's the worst I've ever felt about a game of football afterwards
2014 was like a funeral after at my place but it paled in comparison to the 2015 prelim
2013 was no fun Either but that was tempered by the thrill of being at the G on grand final day actually watching freo there
I sort of made a pledge to myself after that night to try and not emotionally invest so heavily into footy after that
I think i almost broke my Purple Heart

Still I'll be making the 8 hour return drive this weekend so there's still a pulse there

I love this post. I made the same pledge but it didn't work. 6 months later I was getting irate about our round 1 game against the Bulldogs....and that was the same day as my wedding!

The one thing that will linger for me is the Suckling goal after the siren when he veered about 5 meters off his line and CLEARLY played on.

I know. Horrendous!

I'd accept Buddy's arch in that circumstance but Suckling does (stepping WAY out) that only for extra distance, and not because it's his established run-in.

Even if you think ALL the umpiring was stacked against us, which is a bold accusation... that decision was negligent asf :mad: 3 Umpires all saw what he did.

==========

For the record. I'm still more pissed at the 2013 GF. We had them. We effing had them. I hate to attack our great Brownlow Medalist but this profound comment on Youtube I haven't quite seen summed up so matter of fact.

"Fyfe 4 shots on goal for 3 out of bounds on the full and 1 behind. He cost the Dockers the Flag" -- Feel the same. Make amends Nat! #2017premiership ... Brownlow Medalist, Norm Smith and Premiership with 3 goals!

The game we lost vs Melbourne when we were 50 points up at half time is the only game i've cried after. We didn't even have the umps to blame that game, we just lost the plot.

2015 we all sort of knew that was it. McPharlin was retiring. Pavlich had done his calf. Fyfe re-fractured his leg. Umpires killed us. Even if we had limped through we might have been humiliated by the slime and they still wouldn't have shut up about it

i'm actually really glad we didn't win. We had no chance of winning the GF without Fyfe and we would have spent the next 20 years talking to ******* eagles supporters every derby about how "they won the real derby"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 2015 Prelim was up there with the 2014 Semi. Both much harder to swallow that the 2013 GF. That 2014 game against Port was inconceivable given how dominant we were in the first quarter.

I was shattered i planned the whole of September 2015 out took holidays from work travelled from melbourne to adelaide to watch our round 23 game than on to perth to watch the 2 finals i knew we would get and than had the money in my account for a gf ticket. Being om the plane home to melbourne 24 hrs later it was like someone died i was completely gutted and knowing that there was probably smug eagles fans on the same plane as me hurt even more.

I flew out of perth about midnight 3 hrs after the eagles won there prelim, while i was waiting for time to pass i remember being in the city and kept seeing screens up everywhere with the eagles game on and seeing happy eagles fans everywhere it was one of the worst nights of my life.

Fyfe better redeem himself this year and make up for all that crap we all faced

Surprised nobody has mentioned the 06 PF, massive missed opportunity. Also Connolly not making the finals with that team in both 04 and 05 was piss poor and probably cost us with inexperience the year after.

Yeah 2006 was definitely up for grabs - whether we would have beaten the slime in the grand final is a different story.

The QF was a bigger utensil up tbh. We were leading at 3/4 time in Adelaide and then went goalless in the last term.

How the Crows didn't capitalise on their dominance in the mid-2000s amazes me. They were easily the best or second best team going around.

Yeah 2006 was definitely up for grabs - whether we would have beaten the slime in the grand final is a different story.

The QF was a bigger utensil up tbh. We were leading at 3/4 time in Adelaide and then went goalless in the last term.

How the Crows didn't capitalise on their dominance in the mid-2000s amazes me. They were easily the best or second best team going around.
3 reasons why the crows stuffed up the 2005-6 seasons and chocked out the prelim. Still remembered it like it was yesterday.

1. Back at then end of 2004, crows traded out Tyson Stenglein who wanted to go home to WA. Eagles traded their 1st and 2nd rounders for him. He wasn't a bad midfielder tagger and was a good servant for the 6 years he was at the crows. At one point he was going to be the crows captain. Stenglein was a difference maker in both those 2005-6 prelims between the crows and Eagles

2. Crows in 2005-6 had also the same problems Freo had in 2012-15: Excellent defence, Very good midfield but a substandard forward line. They tried to Trade for pavlich around 2005. Dead certain had Pavlich was the Crows centre half forward in 2006, crows would of won the flag that year.

3. Injuries at the worst time. In 2005 finals, Mark Riccuito had an illness and it cost them. They lost to the saints in the 2005 QF. In 2006 Trent Henschell and Scott Welsh were the crows 2 main forwards. They got struck down at the near end of the season. Crows were 14-2 after 16 rounds, Eagles belted them by 80 points the next week and the crows started to falter.

Gutted about that 2006 Prelim final between the crows and Eagles. Crows were up by 2-3 goals at half time then the eagles had a brilliant 2nd half and won by 10 points. Had the crows won, they would of faced the Swans. Crows would of won the 2006 gf in a low scoring game.

Surprised nobody has mentioned the 06 PF, massive missed opportunity. Also Connolly not making the finals with that team in both 04 and 05 was piss poor and probably cost us with inexperience the year after.
Yeah I was barely a teenager in these days but looking back it was a massive underachiever. When you hear some of the stories about Connolly and the shameful Essendon-minor era of Mark Harvey, it is shameful. The one about Freo being iffy about a good South Fremantle boy and proven player John Worsfold makes my blood boil... people say the Eagles had an all-time midfield but their bit part players were rubbish and outside of three great players and four or five very good ones, they were average. Mid-century Freo would beat a good side then lose to ******* Richmond at home by ten goals the next week... it was all mental. It's a shame we never capitalised on that. Connolly and Harvey were such a ******* joke... at least our first one had some ingenuity and vision and wanted a new team to really stand out and be as bold and innovative as the jumper. He didn't bring the results but the players in the Dockers' first five years were borderline atrocious – Melbourne 2012/current Carlton bad.

I still think we will look back on Ross Lyon as someone who maybe got the best out of bad to average players, but someone who really curtailed and didn't capitalise on his best ones.

05 when I think we were beaten in the last round by Port to miss finals again I just lost it and smashed a dinner plate against the wall.

Wasn't there a massive breeze at Footy Park that day? From memory I thought that throughout the game was never really that confident of getting up.

Also would have surely been close to favourites against WC had we got through, beat them twice earlier that year.

After that game I got credit back from Virgin for my GF flights and refund from the hotel and used it to relocate to Darwin.

2012-2013 was our window really. Sad to think about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back