Remove this Banner Ad

undefined

probably incorrect
Jun 3, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
QLDer
Looking forward to being as unproductive as ever this weekend as the world's best battle it out on a nearly unplayable track. Here's a preview of the Chambers Bay 'green' characteristics:

cbno14blog.jpg

Spieth/Rory are understandably the favourites.

Other serious contenders include Fowler, Justin Rose, Bubba, Jason Day/Scotty, and Mickelson.

Tiger can't be written off despite his lack in form. Sergio Garcia will of course be gunning for his first Major championship after so many previous disappointments.

William Hill's look at the field (50-1 or less):

US Open Outright   Eachway Top 6 Odds   William Hill.png

An uncharacteristically good write up from Fox Sports

I wish I was there. Chambers Bay looks absolutely mint. Will probably end up buying Lee Wybranski's impression for this year as well.

Won't get to watch it live due to exams :cry::cry::cry:

It's being televised on Fox Sports 3, which I should've mentioned in the OP.

Alot of us have exams, haha. I'm sure you'll find time to watch at least rounds 2 & 3!

Worth noting of course that holes 1/18 will alternate as both par 4's and 5's:

2015 U.S. Open  golf    Wikipedia  the free encyclopedia.png

Tiger on the improve. Scrambled from a plugged bunker lie on the last hole, demolished the tee shot on 10 only for it to trickle into the fescue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On a positive note, this looks more like Scotland!

Some of the elevation and views you get over the course on certain holes are epic.

It was noted on the broadcast that whoever insures the event won't allow spectators behind one of the greens. Can't remember which hole.

Incredible round by Day, ahrd to see him backing it up but he's got himself a shot.

More needs to be said of Cameron smith, the guy is 21 and having a great first US Open, will be off 3rd to last group tomorrow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back