PITTSBURGH PENGUINS – 2017 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm talking about Girardi, Staal and Holden.

Back end = defencemen

Okay, but that nevertheless doesn't explain why it's a good system to give Ottawa home ice despite them having less points.

Anyway, moving on, Ottawa's strangling neutral zone defence proved as annoying as ever in game one.

Ottawa and the ducks played in 07. Probably an unlikely matching back then as well

??? Ducks where one of the best teams in the league in 07 and Ottwawa had Alfredson at the peak of his powers

As for this Home Ice b/s - almost certain it happened under the old system anyway where a crappy #3 seed could get home ice over a high ranking 4/5 seed

??? Ducks where one of the best teams in the league in 07 and Ottwawa had Alfredson at the peak of his powers

As for this Home Ice b/s - almost certain it happened under the old system anyway where a crappy #3 seed could get home ice over a high ranking 4/5 seed

This may well have been the case, in which case it should have been fixed.

Anyway, I'm not saying teams are going to blame a lack of home ice for losing a series, but I'd prefer to give it out logically rather than this ad hoc manner.

Really looking forward to Games 3 and 4 in nashville.

The Preds are flying at home sitting with a 5-0 record while outscoring opponents 18-6 in those games.

Conversly, the Ducks are playing amazing road hockey with a 4-1 record. The only loss a terrible one game 6 in Edmonton. Outscoring opponents 22-15 on the road.

I just get the sense we will be split 2-2, heading back to Anaheim for a best of 3 to decide to the West.

Very low scoring games so far, each team only has 1 goal a game so far.

Yep. Pittsburgh has a lot more scoring potential, but if Ottawa continues this defensive game with success then who knows?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watch Getzlaf, and others, on the power-play, he'll often lose a face-off on purpose to create a puck battle in the corner or behind the net which can result in a pass to the slot and a good scoring chance. Often more likely to score from this situation than back to the point and a shot likely getting blocked.

Anyone notice Johansen's face-off "loss" for Nashville's tying goal last night?

He must be so disappointed to have a loss there on his face-off stats sheet... ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back