Melbourne def. GWS by 12 points
Essendon def. Gold Coast by 7 points
Adelaide def. North Melbourne by 19 points
Sydney def. Collingwood by 10 points
Western Bulldogs def. Fremantle by 3 points
Port Adelaide def. St Kilda by 36 points
West Coast def. Brisbane by 67 points
Geelong def. Hawthorn by 2 points

Port fans up and about after trade period having landed Dixon.

Deja vu...

Better result than landing the great man Seedsman. Wouldn't mind watching the crows try hold back all of Dixon, Schultz and Ryder/lobbe in the showdown with only talia as an afl quality defender

Better result than landing the great man Seedsman. Wouldn't mind watching the crows try hold back all of Dixon, Schultz and Ryder/lobbe in the showdown with only talia as an afl quality defender
Dixons the easy one will be sub...... i mean bench warming after half time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

haven't you heard yet, no danger makes them better as he has horrible disposal by foot and isn't the gun player we all believed he was. There saviour dean gore and Seedsman will make them unstoppable now! :rolleyes:

I'm not about to try and diminish Danger's value as a footballer to try and make myself feel better about my team's chances next year, he's one of the best in the competition and no doubt the hole he leaves will be difficult to fill, at least in the short term. That said let's not pretend that Adelaide supporters are the only ones here at fault, Port supporters have been directing the exact same criticisms at Danger for years, so to see them now all of a sudden rate him highly just because he'll be playing in different colours reeks of hypocrisy.

It's not that danger isn't a top 5 player in the league, he's a midfielder and they are very replaceable. B.crouch who is coming back from injury will get similar numbers to Dangerfield just not as many goals. The addition of Seedsman and Hampton also means Smith can push into the midfield. Overall our forward line and defence has improved while our midfield has become a bit weaker if we lose one of talia, Jacobs or walker then we are ****ed.

Yeah because that means f***ing everything. Some people just make me :rolleyes:

Outperforming a team for 3 years in a row is a good indication you are better than them. What else is there to go by? The end results are fact - next year is a guess. Until you finisher higher at the end of the season you can't claim to be better.

Outperforming a team for 3 years in a row is a good indication you are better than them. What else is there to go by? The end results are fact - next year is a guess. Until you finisher higher at the end of the season you can't claim to be better.
So many factors go into teams finishing higher then others. Easier draw is the main one. Adelaide have smashed you in recent years from memory, which is simple. Adelaide is better then North Melbourne

As much as Adelaide would have hated to lose Danger, Geelong lost Ablett, who was better, and they improved the following year without him and won the flag.

Hawthorn lost Buddy and likewise went on and won the flag the following year.

WB lost all of Griffen, Liberatore, Cooney, Higgins and Giansiricusa going into this season and added little to replace them in the short term, yet they improved out of sight this year in spite of that.

We lost Lenny Hayes (who came 2nd in our B&F last year) at the end of last season and were tipped to come last by most this year, yet we were a much better team this year, in spite of losing him, and so it goes on.

Adelaide could be better next year, they could be similar, or they could be worse.

As much as Adelaide would have hated to lose Danger, Geelong lost Ablett, who was better, and they improved the following year without him and won the flag.

Hawthorn lost Buddy and likewise went on and won the flag the following year.

WB lost all of Griffen, Liberatore, Cooney, Higgins and Giansiricusa going into this season and added little to replace them in the short term, yet they improved out of sight this year in spite of that.

We lost Lenny Hayes (who came 2nd in our B&F last year) at the end of last season and were tipped to come last by most this year, yet we were a much better team this year, in spite of losing him, and so it goes on.

Adelaide could be better next year, they could be similar, or they could be worse.
The only issue with that analogy is that Geelong and Hawthorn were proven finals contenders, both teams won a GF either the year before or the year those players left, so that indicates they were stronger, more complete teams that could deal with those losses.

Conversely, WB and the Saints were already in full rebuild when they lost those players, so the improvement came with development of their youth. Adelaide are currently placed firmly in the middle of those two situations, which makes the loss of Dangerfield even more interesting.

To be honest, I'm completely unsure how the crows will do next year. My personal view of the list (feel free to correct me crows fans) is that the top tier is unquestionably elite, i.e. Walker, Talia, Jacobs, Sloane, Betts, Smith and even Laird, but the quality drops substantially around the bottom 6 of the 22. So trading out Dangerfield may be a blessing in disguise by helping create a more complete 22. Or... That top tier loses arguably its best player and has a massive negative impact on the team. Could honestly go either way.

The only absolute guarantee is that the curse is real, and we wont win round 1. I've given up even trying to hope anymore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back