List Mgmt. 2016 Draft Prospects(Poll Added)

Which player do you want at our first & second pick?

• Daniel Venables

Votes: 14 9.2%
  • Will Hayward

Votes: 20 13.2%
  • Jy Simpkin

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Sam Powell-Pepper

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • Zach Sproule

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Harrison Macreadie

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • Todd Marshall

Votes: 38 25.0%
  • Jarrod Berry

Votes: 19 12.5%
  • Jordan Galluci

• Oliver Florent

Votes: 12 7.9%
  • Jack Scrimshaw

• Luke Ryan

• Josh Battle

Votes: 25 16.4%
  • Willem Drew

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Jack Maibum

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Joe Atley

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Tim English

Votes: 31 20.4%
  • Josh Rotham

• Patrick Kerr

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Alex Witherden

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brennan Cox

Votes: 6 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

On twitter, a few people have got Marshall as a top 5 pick. Not sure if accurate but it's been said a few times..

Don't think he has quite performed well enough to be a top 5 pick but who knows a team in the top of the draft could reach given his potential and lack of KPP in the draft. Would be hopeful Battle would be available at our pick though.

Bolton did some nice stuff. That snap on his left. WOW.
I liked narckles game to. Reminded me of mitch hahn. Not sure we need him but liked his game.

Don't think he has quite performed well enough to be a top 5 pick but who knows a team in the top of the draft could reach given his potential and lack of KPP in the draft. Would be hopeful Battle would be available at our pick though.
Freo will be screaming out for a KPF. He the type that you can build a forward line around though?

Got my first look at WA today. Tim English is definitely my favourite ruckman I've seen this year, you can tell he's a former midfielder who had a growth spurt with his ability to follow up after the ruck contest. I can see why a lot of you guys are excited about him, he'd perfectly suit our style. Very impressive.

Shai Bolton looks an exciting prospect to me, he's very raw and needs to add a lot of polish but he seems to have a bit of x-factor about him. Was impressed with Quinton Narkle's workrate and ability to get to several consecutive contests. Not sure about Powell-Pepper, he's powerful sure but pretty untidy and just strikes me as someone who is an early developer and just looks good because he's stronger than his opponents at this stage. Could be wrong. The much lauded Petrevski-Seton will be a nice safe pick for someone and will probably be a good solid AFL player but he didn't blow me away.

My boy Jordan Gallucci showed another string to his bow playing a fair bit down back and his running goal from 50 was really exciting. Dylan Clarke is just a really good inside mid, so consistent. Tim Taranto had a really good game and was probably best on. Venables did some impressive things, one burst out of the centre in particular. Luke Bunker did some good work inside, he's someone I hadn't noticed much before.

As far as key forwards go, and it's an area I'd like us to look at, Strnadica didn't have a great game and his set shots were very iffy. Pat Kerr was much better at the other end. He showed some good ability at ground level today and kicked a couple of good goals from open play, one snap in particular was outstanding. The one real knock on him is his inconstant set shots, but he does have a simple, good looking action so it looks like something that's pretty fixable to me. In the other game Todd Marshall and Josh Battle both showed why they're potential first rounders. Battle's endurance running ability is a really intriguing asset and his run down tackle on a rebounding defender was a real sit up and take notice moment.

If I was Essendon I'd probably be going with Will Brodie at number one at this stage.

Pat Kerr is very clean. A one touch player.

From that game it looks like he has worked on his agility didn't seem to be much of a problem.

I hope that everyone can see why I like Taranto so much. Gun.
I still worry about him at ground level. I do like the one touch ability, it's a truly underrated attribute.

Taranto will be gone before our pick. Is a future gun and will have to get use to being tagged at afl level. IF he was on our team, can see him being tagged more than many of our other young gun players.

Noticed that Sam Fowler was playing higher up the ground. Was one of Vic Countries best players, involved in quite a few scores.

Korewha had a very good game if we could nab him around our second I'd be quite happy, has lots of scope.

Noticed that Sam Fowler was playing higher up the ground. Was one of Vic Countries best players, involved in quite a few scores.

Korewha had a very good game if we could nab him around our second I'd be quite happy, has lots of scope.
This is actually looking like a good draft. I was down on it early but there are some good players going to make the end of the second round, even end third round.

AA Team

DEFENDERS

Alex Villis (South Australia), Jack Maibaum (Vic Metro), Sam Walker (South Australia), Andrew McGrath (Vic Metro), Brennan Cox (South Australia), Harry Perryman (Allies)

MIDFIELDERS
Zac Fisher (Western Australia), Tim English (Western Australia), Jack Graham (South Australia), Will Brodie (Vic Country), Hugh McCluggage (Vic Country), Jack Bowes (Allies)

FORWARDS
Daniel Venables (Vic Metro), Josh Battle (Vic Country), Dylan Clarke (Vic Metro), Callum Brown (Vic Metro), Patrick Kerr (Vic Metro), Tim Taranto (Vic Metro)

INTERCHANGE

Jonty Scharenberg (South Australia), Kobe Mutch (Allies), Sam Hayes (Vic Metro), Jordan Gallucci (Vic Metro)

-----------------------------------------

Dalrymple was on the selection panel btw

Last edited:
Will be putting up a top 50 rankings sometime soon. Just messing around with the final order a bit. Hopefully it will be tomorrow some time.

Like the look of the depth of this draft at the moment. Though it is very small dominated there are some KP talls that I liked the look of and some good rucks that could appear late in the draft that are quite good. Also may I add that there looks to be plenty of tall utilities too, especially defenders.

Last edited:
Will be putting up a top 50 rankings sometime soon. Just messing around with the final order a bit. Hopefully it will be tomorrow some time.

Like the look of the depth of this draft at the moment. Though it is very small dominated there are some KP talls that I liked the look of and some good rucks that could appear late in the draft that are quite good. Also may I add that there looks to be plenty of tall utilities too, especially defenders.
Would you be able to put the academy and f/s tags on the relevant kids please mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have watched the Metro vs WA games several times now, as well as some of the other televised games & had some thoughts on some of the WA lads..

Re: Shai Bolton, his kicking on the run can be a bit hit & miss, he definitely knows this to. I have seen a couple of times where he is zipping across the oval with the ball and he suddenly slams on the breaks to kick.
Can he fix this? That is my largest question mark on him right now..

Bolton is lightning quick and he uses this speed to cleverly find the gaps through traffic and can play both inside & on the outside.

As far as marking, I haven't seen enough times where he has had to go for a mark in order to have a firm opinion on it.

Re: Tim English, as a ruck taps around 25% to advantage (I am not sure how good that is) and he currently taps the ball in four directions. He is quite the skinny lad, so you'd expect as he builds works on his strength that he will improve his number of tap outs because he can occasionally be out muscled by the opposing ruckman.

Around the ground, this is where English shines. He uses the ball as well as any of the midfielders & his overhead ability is solid.

Again...I haven't seen enough to make comments on English playing up forward but he seems to read the game well & knows when to drift back in order to take defensive marks.

Re: Sam Powell-Pepper, he definitely has the build & athleticism to take the step but does he have the smarts?
Unlike Bolton, Powell-Pepper tries to barge through his opponents rather then cleverly finding gaps; this results in his kicking effectiveness been affected.
I will admit his kicking has improved from last year but a good number of his decisions with his kicks can be sketchy, even with little to no pressure.
He has also played at half back, although he is more of an attacking HB with his defensive side currently a little underwhelming. (But hey, most juniors that are not f/t defenders need to improve their defensive side. So it isn't as big of a knock as it seems).

Re: Joshua Rotham. I will start off by saying, he is pretty poor in one on one contests where he often gets out
muscled if he happens to be on another tall. His strength is reading where the ball is going to end up, not just in flight but he positions well to intercept handpasses. His athleticism from what I have seen has been very promising with his speed, agility & leap been a feature; his strength obviously been an area for improvement.
He has shown some versatility running up to wing and would ocassionally use his speed to break away from the opposition to receive the ball.

Rotham is not going to be a KPP at AFL but he'd be a damn good back flanker I reckon.

He didn't get much of it as usual but Zac Fisher's smarts and disposal for foot stood out. His goal where he intercepted the ball off Metro made me laugh. Still saying he reminds me of Dahlhaus but with really good footskills.

Wizard17's July Rankings

1. Hugh McCluggage (185cm, 75kg) (North Ballarat Rebels) (Mid/Fwd)
2. Sam Petrevski-Seton (181cm, 76kg) (Claremont) (Fwd/Mid)
3. Jack Bowes (187cm, 78kg) (Gold Coast Academy) (Mid)
4. Will Brodie (189cm, 82kg) (Murray Bushrangers) (Mid)
5. Harry Perryman (184cm, 75kg) (GWS Academy) (Mid)
6. Ben Ainsworth (179cm, 74kg) (Gippsland Power) (SF)
7. Harrison Macraedie (196m, 89kg) (GWS Academy) (KPD)
8. Andrew McGrath (179cm, 75kg) (Sandringham Dragons) (Mid/Def)
9. Daniel Venables (186cm, 81kg) (Western Jets) (Mid/Fwd)
10. Zac Sproule (197cm, 87kg) (GWS Academy) (KPF)
11. Tim English (203cm, 86kg) (South Fremantle) (Ruck)
12. Tim Taranto (186cm, 82kg) (Sandringham Dragons) (Mid/Fwd)
13. Kobe Mutch (187cm, 84kg) (GWS Academy) (Mid)
14. Todd Marshall (198cm, 87kg) (Murray Bushrangers) (KPF)
15. Jonty Sharenberg (185cm, 78kg) (Glenelg) (Mid)
16. Jack Scrimshaw (193cm, 80kg) (Sandringham Dragons) (Def/Mid)
17. Joshua Rotham (192cm, 79kg) (West Perth) (Def)
18. Joshua Battle (192cm, 90kg) (Dandenong Stingrays) (Fwd)
19. Brad Scheer (184cm, 83kg) (Gold Coast Academy) (Mid/Fwd)
20. Jordan Gallucci (183cm, 75kg) (Eastern Ranges) (Mid/Fwd)
21. Jack Graham (182cm, 86kg) (North Adelaide) (Mid)
22. Jy Simpkin (182cm, 72kg) (Murray Bushrangers) (Fwd/Mid)
23. Zac Fisher (175cm, 61kg) (Perth) (Mid/Fwd)
24. Jacob Allison (194cm, 79kg) (Brisbane Lions Academy) (Mid)
25. Will Setterfield (190cm, 79kg) (GWS Academy) (Mid)
26. Jarrod Berry (191cm, 80kg) (North Ballarat Rebels) (Def)
27. Patrick Kerr (194cm, 93kg) (Oakleigh Chargers) (KPF)
28. Joseph Atley (186cm, 84kg) (Bendigo Pioneers) (Mid)
29. Jarrod Korewha (192cm, 81kg) (North Ballarat Rebels) (Def)
30. Sam Powell-Pepper (186cm, 83kg) (East Perth) (Fwd/Mid)
31. Luke Bunker (185cm, 78kg) (Northern Knights) (Mid)
32. Alex Witherden (186cm, 80kg) (Geelong Falcons) (Def)
33. Reece Piper (177cm, 75kg) (Dandenong Stingrays) (Def)
34. Dylan Clarke (187cm, 85kg) (Eastern Ranges) (Mid)
35. Luke Strnadica (199cm, 93kg) (East Fremantle) (KPF)
36. Callum Brown (177cm, 69kg) (Collingwood Father/Son) (Mid/Fwd)
37. Shai Bolton (177cm, 67kg) (South Fremantle) (Fwd)
38. Sam Walker (187cm, 82kg) (Glenelg) (Def)
39. Jack Rolls (183cm, 74kg) (Brisbane Lions Academy) (Mid)
40. Willem Drew (188cm, 78kg) (North Ballarat Rebels) (Mid)
41. Ben Jarman (175cm, 70kg) (Hawthorn/Adelaide Father Son) (Fwd)
42. Steven Slimming (182cm, 72kg) (Sturt) (Def)
43. Alex Villis (180cm, 70kg) (Norwood) (Mid)
44. Myles Polholke (184cm, 84kg) (Dandenong Stingrays) (Mid/Fwd)
45. Jack Maibaum (193cm, 90kg) (Eastern Ranges) (KPD)
46. Jake Waterman (189cm, 88kg) (West Coast Father Son) (Fwd)
47. Jake Pitman (177cm, 77kg) (Norwood) (Mid)
48. Peter Ladhams (202cm, 90kg) (Norwood) (Ruck/Fwd)
49. Taylin Duman (193cm, 75kg) (Oakleigh Chargers) (Def/Mid)
50. Tyson Stengle (171cm, 69kg) (Woodville West Torrens) (Fwd/Mid)

Lots of players that could be in the top 50 that only just missed out and in between 20-40 is very even indeed.

Wizard17's July Rankings

1. Hugh McCluggage (185cm, 75kg) (North Ballarat Rebels) (Mid/Fwd)
2. Sam Petrevski-Seton (181cm, 76kg) (Claremont) (Fwd/Mid)
3. Jack Bowes (187cm, 78kg) (Gold Coast Academy) (Mid)
4. Will Brodie (189cm, 82kg) (Murray Bushrangers) (Mid)
5. Harry Perryman (184cm, 75kg) (GWS Academy) (Mid)
6. Ben Ainsworth (179cm, 74kg) (Gippsland Power) (SF)
7. Harrison Macraedie (196m, 89kg) (GWS Academy) (KPD)
8. Andrew McGrath (179cm, 75kg) (Sandringham Dragons) (Mid/Def)
9. Daniel Venables (186cm, 81kg) (Western Jets) (Mid/Fwd)
10. Zac Sproule (197cm, 87kg) (GWS Academy) (KPF)
11. Tim English (203cm, 86kg) (South Fremantle) (Ruck)
12. Tim Taranto (186cm, 82kg) (Sandringham Dragons) (Mid/Fwd)
13. Kobe Mutch (187cm, 84kg) (GWS Academy) (Mid)
14. Todd Marshall (198cm, 87kg) (Murray Bushrangers) (KPF)
15. Jonty Sharenberg (185cm, 78kg) (Glenelg) (Mid)
16. Jack Scrimshaw (193cm, 80kg) (Sandringham Dragons) (Def/Mid)
17. Joshua Rotham (192cm, 79kg) (West Perth) (Def)
18. Joshua Battle (192cm, 90kg) (Dandenong Stingrays) (Fwd)
19. Brad Scheer (184cm, 83kg) (Gold Coast Academy) (Mid/Fwd)
20. Jordan Gallucci (183cm, 75kg) (Eastern Ranges) (Mid/Fwd)
21. Jack Graham (182cm, 86kg) (North Adelaide) (Mid)
22. Jy Simpkin (182cm, 72kg) (Murray Bushrangers) (Fwd/Mid)
23. Zac Fisher (175cm, 61kg) (Perth) (Mid/Fwd)
24. Jacob Allison (194cm, 79kg) (Brisbane Lions Academy) (Mid)
25. Will Setterfield (190cm, 79kg) (GWS Academy) (Mid)
26. Jarrod Berry (191cm, 80kg) (North Ballarat Rebels) (Def)
27. Patrick Kerr (194cm, 93kg) (Oakleigh Chargers) (KPF)
28. Joseph Atley (186cm, 84kg) (Bendigo Pioneers) (Mid)
29. Jarrod Korewha (192cm, 81kg) (North Ballarat Rebels) (Def)
30. Sam Powell-Pepper (186cm, 83kg) (East Perth) (Fwd/Mid)
31. Luke Bunker (185cm, 78kg) (Northern Knights) (Mid)
32. Alex Witherden (186cm, 80kg) (Geelong Falcons) (Def)
33. Reece Piper (177cm, 75kg) (Dandenong Stingrays) (Def)
34. Dylan Clarke (187cm, 85kg) (Eastern Ranges) (Mid)
35. Luke Strnadica (199cm, 93kg) (East Fremantle) (KPF)
36. Callum Brown (177cm, 69kg) (Collingwood Father/Son) (Mid/Fwd)
37. Shai Bolton (177cm, 67kg) (South Fremantle) (Fwd)
38. Sam Walker (187cm, 82kg) (Glenelg) (Def)
39. Jack Rolls (183cm, 74kg) (Brisbane Lions Academy) (Mid)
40. Willem Drew (188cm, 78kg) (North Ballarat Rebels) (Mid)
41. Ben Jarman (175cm, 70kg) (Hawthorn/Adelaide Father Son) (Fwd)
42. Steven Slimming (182cm, 72kg) (Sturt) (Def)
43. Alex Villis (180cm, 70kg) (Norwood) (Mid)
44. Myles Polholke (184cm, 84kg) (Dandenong Stingrays) (Mid/Fwd)
45. Jack Maibaum (193cm, 90kg) (Eastern Ranges) (KPD)
46. Jake Waterman (189cm, 88kg) (West Coast Father Son) (Fwd)
47. Jake Pitman (177cm, 77kg) (Norwood) (Mid)
48. Peter Ladhams (202cm, 90kg) (Norwood) (Ruck/Fwd)
49. Taylin Duman (193cm, 75kg) (Oakleigh Chargers) (Def/Mid)
50. Tyson Stengle (171cm, 69kg) (Woodville West Torrens) (Fwd/Mid)

Lots of players that could be in the top 50 that only just missed out and in between 20-40 is very even indeed.
So, we win the flag then take Battle. It's like you've scripted this :p

Rotham is not going to be a KPP at AFL but he'd be a damn good back flanker I reckon.
I feel similarly regarding Battle, he has that great endurance & is an alright set shot on goal. But for someone with that level of endurance, I wish he got up the ground a bit more. His disposal in general can pretty average for a tall to. Overhead marking doesn't really stand out above other key forwards in the same age group.
His strength has definitely been using his endurance to find space inside 50, but remember the anti-density rule( I believe that is what its called?) Only a certain amount of players can be inside 50 at the Champs, obviously this won't happen at AFL level as players will drop back & on occasion there will be a spare in defense etc.
I want him to go back to the TAC now & prove me wrong because I found his performance in the Champs a underwhelming for someone that received the level of hype that Battle has.

Last edited:
I feel similarly regarding Battle, he has that great endurance & is an alright set shot on goal. But for someone with that level of endurance, I wish he got up the ground a bit more. His disposal in general can pretty average for a tall to. Overhead marking doesn't really stand out above other key forwards in the same age group.
His strength has definitely been using his endurance to find space inside 50, but remember the anti-density rule( I believe that is what its called?) Only a certain amount of players can be inside 50 at the Champs, obviously this won't happen at AFL level as players will drop back & on occasion there will be a spare in defense etc.
I want him to go back to the TAC now & prove me wrong because I found his performance in the Champs a underwhelming for someone that received the level of hype that Battle has.

Battle is a bit like Darling or Crameri. He won't play as a No.1 target but he will be an absolute workhorse around the ground.

Why do you think that I listed him as a Fwd and not a KPF.

Back