2016 NTFA SEASON

Remove this Banner Ad

Are clubs really crying about one 2 hour trip to St Helens each year or are they simply concerned of losing players. I think it's the latter

P
Are clubs really crying about one 2 hour trip to St Helens each year or are they simply concerned of losing players. I think it's the latter[/QUOTE

People should man up and enjoy a good old bus trip to a nice place and enjoy a few beers on the way back..

1 reason people play div 2 is cause they don't want to travel the longer distances and how many clubs struggle to get numbers to away games as it is? SO it's only fair that clubs are upset with how the ntfa have gone about it

Unsure of the truth of this but over the last couple of weeks have heard several rumors from quite a few guys about prospect. They have lost a shitload of players, and heard from a few south boys that Brett and Jake have walked from the club. But if what I have heard more recently is true that won't matter, prospect are in financial crisis and apparently are a real chance of folding I can only imagine they would have a meeting soon if that was the case, so if anyone has heard anything that could be interesting. Also heard from a bracknell and Hillwood members something along the lines of if clubs in div1 don't have a u18 team registered with players by Dec 1st they will be dropped back to div2 regardless of who they are, I heard this a couple of weeks ago and it was to my belief that there was 4 teams in that situation one being south Launceston, things may of changed since then and the truth of what I've heard may be questionable but I have repeatabley heard it, so if anyone has further info feel free...

I have heard prospect are having a crisis meeting tonight as they have lost a lot of players and owe a lot of players money, a lot of them have gone to Hillwood I believe , Hillwood have done very well in the recruiting department so far

I have heard prospect are having a crisis meeting tonight as they have lost a lot of players and owe a lot of players money, a lot of them have gone to Hillwood I believe , Hillwood have done very well in the recruiting department so far

Still a few big names to come at Hillwood apparently, could be a pretty good side this year

If true, why & how has this occurred with Prospect? I would have thought they would be sound financially?

Still a few big names to come at Hillwood apparently, could be a pretty good side this year

i wonder if they realize they can only play 22 in a game? seem to be offering even div 2 reserves money haha, im sure they say we will give you $150 a game get them signed knowing full well they will only be playing at 12 o'clock

i wonder if they realize they can only play 22 in a game? seem to be offering even div 2 reserves money haha, im sure they say we will give you $150 a game get them signed knowing full well they will only be playing at 12 o'clock

According to these facebook posts there is only 1 div 2 reserves player that i can see. Just cause they sign them up doesn't mean they are promising senior games. Unless your sitting in on the meetings....

They needed some top up for there reserves from last years results by the looks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like prospect will struggle next year... Anyone know how if they have had a crisis meeting and if so how it went?

Hillwood have brought in all these players but hardly any of them would be top 10 players at the club. They have improved there squad but how far will they move up the ladder. Can u fit there best 22 under the points allowance as they are all coming from new clubs.

Rumour doing the town is that the NTFA board have handed Hillwood extra points for finishing wooden spooners, be interesting to she if other Div 1 Clubs vote this in

Rumour doing the town is that the NTFA board have handed Hillwood extra points for finishing wooden spooners, be interesting to she if other Div 1 Clubs vote this in

Pretty sure it's not up to other clubs , in div2 teams who have made the finals 3 years In a row have lost points and teams like meander/Perth get some extra

Last edited:
So does georgetown and same with div 2 they have extra. That is the rules of the points system

Won't be voted in, clubs voted the points system in last year, that's how it works. I think it's generally the bottom three sides who all get roughly three to five extra points. Clubs like Old Scotch will actually be penalised for success, as they will have even less points to play with.
thye have revised Div 1 cap to 38 points with Hillwood and G Town getting 46. Div 2 Scotch get 40, Lilydale UM Evandale and St Pats get 42 and the rest get 46 points. Cant understand an 8 point difference in div 1 but only 6 points in Div 2 for the weaker sides, there's a fairly big differential in Div 2 based on scorelines this year?

What's the news on Tamar? Lost Hammond and Nicholson, rumours are Bosker, Shegog and a few others to Meander? Suns Looking a lot stronger by the sounds although lost Scott and apparently Wadley wants out?

Joey had enough of the cats stuffing him around, told him if he wanted to coach he could but then they changed their minds or something, they still have no coach.

So he took everyone he could with him

Joey had enough of the cats stuffing him around, told him if he wanted to coach he could but then they changed their minds or something, they still have no coach.

So he took everyone he could with him
Not what i heard, apparently was set on staying, really he just followed nicholson

Last edited:
Not what i heard, apparently was set on staying, really he just followed nicholson

Me being mates with Matty Nic , he followed joey out there , Joel didn't really have time to coach again and couldn't really find time to try and organise a team again

thye have revised Div 1 cap to 38 points with Hillwood and G Town getting 46. Div 2 Scotch get 40, Lilydale UM Evandale and St Pats get 42 and the rest get 46 points. Cant understand an 8 point difference in div 1 but only 6 points in Div 2 for the weaker sides, there's a fairly big differential in Div 2 based on scorelines this year?
Obviously NTFA hierarchy are going to continue propping up poorly run big spending clubs,also add more travel costs,, let's follow AFL Tas and have another stateside comp.Penalizing success is a quick road to ruin!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back