Preview 2016 Round 19 Sydney Swans v Freo Dockers "Craig Nettelbeck Cup"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally get to watch my first live game of the season
Will be a big game, we need to come switched on cause FREO will through absolutely everything at us early for PAV.
Really keen to watch Mills live
If we bring the right attitude we win, if not who knows
Mills live is an amazing experience. Not that I want to overrate him but IMHO you will be watching a future HOF, brownlow, premiership, Norm Smith winning bloods club champion...

Okay, maybe a little over the top but I honestly reckon you are watching the first years of a club legend in the making. Him, Heenz, Hewy & Paps are our future. Soak it up & enjoy mate!

Just realised its the channel 7 game on Sunday...going to make it much less enjoyable. On that note I'm currently watching Casey v Sandringham in the VFL and the commentary is infinitely better than anything we get for AFL games. There's no ego or bullshit or overdramatising, just calling of football, refreshing!

He never kicks well so nothing to do with fitness

We do not have an elite kick in the senior core mid group
Kennedy jack hanners parker mitchell

Mcveigh has always added great foot skills, jetta used to

Lloyds reputation does not match output of late

Cunningham rushes because he is scared

Heeney and mills are beautiful kicks but limited to 0 mid time

Could it be that the gameplan requiring such gut busting running both ways interfers with kicking efficiency?

These guys are supposed to be the best in the land at kicking to targets 20-40m distance away however all too often Swans mids can't hit the short 30m target. I don't as a fan expect elite and perfect kicks however it is so frustrating watching continual turn overs. It kills momentum and tires out Swans players more by having to back track to defend when hopelessly out of position running forwards of their opponents.

Swans had the 2nd worst disposal efficiency this round behind the Crows who lost (edit until gws vs port game in wet weather). Has any team won a flag in this modern era with the Swans disposal efficiency?

Could it be that the gameplan requiring such gut busting running both ways interfers with kicking efficiency?

These guys are supposed to be the best in the land at kicking to targets 20-40m distance away however all too often Swans mids can't hit the short 30m target. I don't as a fan expect elite and perfect kicks however it is so frustrating watching continual turn overs. It kills momentum and tires out Swans players more by having to back track to defend when hopelessly out of position running forwards of their opponents.

Swans had the 2nd worst disposal efficiency this round behind the Crows who lost (edit until gws vs port game in wet weather). Has any team won a flag in this modern era with the Swans disposal efficiency?

Every side runs and covers the ground though, im not sure we push back any more than anyone else

I think we have a move it at all costs mantra and also ball magnets who are poorly skilled, but clearly a strong focus has been on accumulators, hard nuts, tacklers ahead of skills, the mix could be better.

Mind you some of the kids are nice kicks so the tide will turn going forward

Just cannot afford lazy efforts like some teams can at times,

I don't our kicking efficency would allow us to win the flag

We are also struggling to score again

A bit yeah, i mean month of wet weather killed the scoring, still havent got the scoring back

The main reason that we can win it is that literally every team seems to have major issues, there are no stand-outs at all really. Anyone could pinch it.

Scores of 100 plus since round 8

Adelaide 7
Brisbane 2
Carlton 2
Collingwood 2
Essendon 0
Fremantle 2
Geelong 2
Gold Coast 3
GWS 4
Hawthorn 4
Melbourne 2
Nth Melb 3
Port 3
Richmond 4
Stkilda 5
Sydney 0
West Coast 4
Western Bulldogs 2

Adelaide 7
Brisbane 2
Carlton 2
Collingwood 2
Essendon 0
Fremantle 2
Geelong 2
Gold Coast 3
GWS 4
Hawthorn 4
Melbourne 2
Nth Melb 3
Port 3
Richmond 4
Stkilda 5
Sydney 0
West Coast 4
Western Bulldogs 2
Scary stat. I think the coaches are onto it though because they are trying multiple things up forward. None of them have really worked as of yet.

Each to there own pal

Imo we can't this year

We cant playing like we did in some of our recent efforts

We have the capability

But would need tippett back and fit, mcveigh back and fit
Jones would be handy

And sinclair gone

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scary stat. I think the coaches are onto it though because they are trying multiple things up forward. None of them have really worked as of yet.

Yes it is a concern

BUT since then we are 6 wins 3 losses

Adelaide 8-1
Brisbane 1-8
Carlton 2-7
Collingwood 4-5
Essendon 0-9
Fremantle 3-6
Geelong 5-4
Gold coast 3-6
GWS 6-3
Hawthorn 8-1
Melbourne 3-6
North 3-6
Port 4-5
Richmond 5-4
Stkilda 6-3
West coast 7-2
Bulldogs 6-3

So what 3 clubs have a better record than us in the time we havent scored 100

So hey not bad

Yes it is a concern

BUT since then we are 6 wins 3 losses

Adelaide 8-1
Brisbane 1-8
Carlton 2-7
Collingwood 4-5
Essendon 0-9
Fremantle 3-6
Geelong 5-4
Gold coast 3-6
GWS 6-3
Hawthorn 8-1
Melbourne 3-6
North 3-6
Port 4-5
Richmond 5-4
Stkilda 6-3
West coast 7-2
Bulldogs 6-3

So what 3 clubs have a better record than us in the time we havent scored 100

So hey not bad
Probably should be 6 and 1 tbh. But yeah definitely shows there is a lot of room for improvement meaning that we are doing really well without playing at our best.

Probably should be 6 and 1 tbh. But yeah definitely shows there is a lot of room for improvement meaning that we are doing really well without playing at our best.

For all the doom and gloom around here we should be bloody first only a a few minutes off it

Adelaide 7
Brisbane 2
Carlton 2
Colingwood 2
Essendon 0
Fremantle 2
Geelong 2
Gold Coast 3
GWS 4
Hawthorn 4
Melbourne 2
Nth Melb 3
Port 3
Richmond 4
Stkilda 5
Sydney 0
West Coast 4
Western Bulldogs 2
Hoo boy I wish we were as good as Gold Coast and Richmond. It's a silly thing to obsess over. Footy is a two way game and we've consistently kept our top 8 rivals in the 60-75 point range.

Hoo boy I wish we were as good as Gold Coast and Richmond. It's a silly thing to obsess over. Footy is a two way game and we've consistently kept our top 8 rivals in the 60-75 point range.

Agree thats why i did the win loss
Thats all that matters

Adelaide 7
Brisbane 2
Carlton 2
Collingwood 2
Essendon 0
Fremantle 2
Geelong 2
Gold Coast 3
GWS 4
Hawthorn 4
Melbourne 2
Nth Melb 3
Port 3
Richmond 4
Stkilda 5
Sydney 0
West Coast 4
Western Bulldogs 2

Tippett and Reid will make a huge difference to the forward structure if we can get both back before finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back