Prediction 2017 Membership

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't have a source to quote for you but apparently they have scaled back the free tickets massively this year. However I noticed a post on twitter by Canada bay cannons that they have been given a whole bay of tickets for this round
Tks
I think giving freebies to the junior leagues and schools is a wonderful idea. In orevious years they offerred them to our work social club for no apparent reason.

2 callers in the space of 5 minutes to Frances Leach on SEN sticking up for the Giants.

Love it!

Just to continue my earlier post about membership to attendance vs interstate teams from earlier. Here are three of the "bigger" clubs in Melbourne (who haven't sold their home games anywhere) remembering out ratio is around the 62% mark.

Collingwood
Membership: 74,643
Average home attendance against interstate teams: 37,984
High: Sydney: 49,997
Low: Gold Coast: 27,278
Membership to attendance ratio: 50.88%

Essendon
Membership: 57,494
Average home attendance against interstate teams: 34,112
High: Sydney: 45,198
Low: GWS: 22,303
Membership to attendance ratio: 59.33%

Carlton
Membership: 50,130
Average home attendance against interstate teams: 26,538
High: Sydney: 30,777
Low: Fremantle: 20,217
Membership to attendance ratio: 52.9%

Last edited:
Oh, and just because....

Sydney
Membership: 56,523
Average home attendance against interstate teams: 30,073
High: Collingwood: 44,909
Low: Gold Coast: 22,898
Membership to attendance ratio: 53.2%

Good numbers there. Footy in nsw is getting healthier and I see it as a great thing.
Your team will be a regular finals side for some while now and that will only make crowd numbers and memberships improve.
Congrats Giants. As a one eyed Blue who has just moved back from Sydney I already miss the many Saturday arvos I spent at Spotless. Was always going to be a tough gig but your club has laid very professional footongs.
Good luck for the future.

Good numbers there. Footy in nsw is getting healthier and I see it as a great thing.
Your team will be a regular finals side for some while now and that will only make crowd numbers and memberships improve.
Congrats Giants. As a one eyed Blue who has just moved back from Sydney I already miss the many Saturday arvos I spent at Spotless. Was always going to be a tough gig but your club has laid very professional footongs.
Good luck for the future.

All the analysis is great, but there's an old saying - "When you're explaining, you're losing".

And it's easy to see why the commentators are asking why our home crowds are so small, especially when we're boasting about record membership.
Same for every club in every sport in Oz pretty much.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

All the analysis is great, but there's an old saying - "When you're explaining, you're losing".

And it's easy to see why the commentators are asking why our home crowds are so small, especially when we're boasting about record membership.

True enough I suppose - but the sound bite response to "You've got record membership but small crowds" is "We do better than Collingwood by comparison. Go ask them why their crowds don't match their membership and then we'll talk"

True enough I suppose - but the sound bite response to "You've got record membership but small crowds" is "We do better than Collingwood by comparison. Go ask them why their crowds don't match their membership and then we'll talk"
"MCG doesn't allow dogs in."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I

I Wouldn't bother with the analysing but I believe the crowds will improve every year. Especially if there is consistent finals appearances (which there should be).

A healthy gws club should be in the interest of all footy fans.
We won't win anything this year and I hope your guys can go far and think they will.

Only 44 pets? That's roughly 0.00003% of the amount of pets that Hawthorn and Collingwood have in their inflated figures.
Actually Hawks one of the few clubs not to offer Pet memberships.
All the clubs are held to the same membership standards and it is audited by the AFL. Now sure why people still go on about this.
Anyway, That graphic showing where the members are based is awesome. Wish every club would do it.
Congrats on 20k. Reckon you will have more than 35k by 2020 if you can make a GF or two.

I

I Wouldn't bother with the analysing but I believe the crowds will improve every year. Especially if there is consistent finals appearances (which there should be).

A healthy gws club should be in the interest of all footy fans.
We won't win anything this year and I hope your guys can go far and think they will.
I'm always a bit surprised that tje club whose trerritory we've taken and thrneaten most directly resents us less thsn most. Appreciate tje thoughts and bear in mind we're not too hung on loyalty at this early stage, Spotless is a very comfortable ground and offerrs some great footy.

I've never seen reason to dislike your side. More healthy competition to me results in a more exciting league. Sydney is the country's largest city, plenty of territory and people here for 2 teams.

I've never seen reason to dislike your side. More healthy competition to me results in a more exciting league. Sydney is the country's largest city, plenty of territory and people here for 2 teams.
Agreed, it's a big place with plenty of shoulder room for two teams

Club is asking for people who can't attend to sell their seats back for the derby..

Can't attend the Sydney Derby at Spotless Stadium on 15 July? Simply put your seat up for re-sale and receive a credit towards your membership for 2018!*

For step-by-step instructions, please click here.

Seat returns for the Derby must be completed before 5pm Friday 7 July.

More information including credit prices and terms and conditions can be found here.

If you encounter any issues returning your seat, please contact the membership team at membership@gwsgiants.com.au.

Thank you for helping another GIANTS fan attend the game!

Kind regards,
GIANTS Membership Team

Ok i need someones help before i throw my phone through the window.

I am trying to purchase extra tickets in the giants area for the derby. When you pick the Adult - additional ticket dropdown, it asks for my UNIQUE MEMBER ID. what the F@#$ is that !!

It said it is provided in am email

WHAT EMAIL !!!!

AHHHHHHH

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I am trying to purchase extra tickets in the giants area for the derby. When you pick the Adult - additional ticket dropdown, it asks for my UNIQUE MEMBER ID. what the F@#$ is that !!

WHAT EMAIL !!!!

AHHHHHHH

It will be either your member number, or your membership card number, I don't recall which but a quick call to the club in the morning will sort you out

WHAT EMAIL !!!!

AHHHHHHH

Its your member no on your card and in heading of individual emails.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back