2017 Sydney Apia International

Remove this Banner Ad

vaughany

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 23, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Aussie wildcards Kokkinakis and Thompson are playing each other in the opening round. Most likely a evening match tomorrow to allow them time to fly down from Brisbane following their doubles final tonight.
Bouchard is on the winners list having defeated Zhang today.
Mahut and Bellucci on now.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Aussie wildcards Kokkinakis and Thompson are playing each other in the opening round. Most likely a evening match tomorrow to allow them time to fly down from Brisbane following their doubles final tonight.
Bouchard is on the winners list having defeated Zhang today.
Mahut and Bellucci on now.

It is a shame for the Sydney tournament and the players that Brisbane doesn't finish on the Saturday.

These guys will have Monday off and then have to play five games in five days if they keep winning given the Saturday final. Unlikely they would get that far but it is the same for a number of players outside the top four seeds. Not great preperation for a Grand Slam.

Day 2 main court schedule:
Barton v Edmund
Stosur v Pavlyuchenkova
Wozniacki v Puig
Kohlschreiber v Fognini

Aussies in action on other courts:
O'Connell v Elias
Dasha v Vekic
Rodionova v Konta

Anyone know much about Chris O'Connell?

Yeah I don't like her. It's more that she cares a lot of about being a celeb that just puts her off.

Also bought a flexi pass, so next 3 daysI'll be hanging in the tennis.

Day 2 main court schedule:
Barton v Edmund
Stosur v Pavlyuchenkova
Wozniacki v Puig
Kohlschreiber v Fognini

Aussies in action on other courts:
O'Connell v Elias
Dasha v Vekic
Rodionova v Konta

Anyone know much about Chris O'Connell?

He beat Groth in the wildcard playoff in 5 sets but don't know anything about his gamestyle.

Barton doing well against Edmund 5-1 up in the tiebreak. Interesting that TA didn't wait to award the final wildcard because if Barton wins he won't be able to play AO qualies pretty sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmmm uncharacteristic performance from Stosur, but at least she's exciting to watch. I thought a comeback was on the cards when she held serve that one time in the second set. Hopefully she can turn it around and win five or six games in the first round next week!

Probably just a shoulder niggle holding Stosur back today and maybe still getting over her bout of chronic Lyme disease. Looking forward to watching her in full flight on RLA and basking in the glory of her kick serve which she invented at 300x gravity while training much harder than anybody else on tour.

He beat Groth in the wildcard playoff in 5 sets but don't know anything about his gamestyle.

Barton doing well against Edmund 5-1 up in the tiebreak. Interesting that TA didn't wait to award the final wildcard because if Barton wins he won't be able to play AO qualies pretty sure.
Barton won and Elias will probably end up beating O'Connell, so very interesting why they didn't wait until after the matches to award the final wildcard.

im not happy with the way elias won, down 4-1 in the 2nd set chucks the major sads gets someone to check his pulse claims hes going to faint and than suddenly wins 11 of the next 12 games, yeah real sick.... my ass, bloody cheat

im not happy with the way elias won, down 4-1 in the 2nd set chucks the major sads gets someone to check his pulse claims hes going to faint and than suddenly wins 11 of the next 12 games, yeah real sick.... my ass, bloody cheat

Meh it's gamesmanship. OConnell has himself to blame, served like a donkey and missed overheads. Plus he just played dumb 4-1 up. Deserves to lose.

Something a bit fishy?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back