Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Eaglesliveagain

Senior List
Mar 10, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Hey fellow eagle supporters with more free time on my hands I'm going to get either the victory pack or the complete season box set of season 2018.

Has anyone bought the complete set? Is it worth it?

Recommendations and insights wanted

Kayo has every one of our games from 2018 still on there, so you could get a 14 day free trial and watch some that way? I bought the victory pack, which has the season highlights DVD included, which I found more than enough of a regular season fix

Kayo has every one of our games from 2018 still on there, so you could get a 14 day free trial and watch some that way? I bought the victory pack, which has the season highlights DVD included, which I found more than enough of a regular season fix
I'm a bit old school and really dont want to have to rely on shitty nbn/mobile data. Does the Victory pack have all the finals games as well?

The Victory Pack has the 3 finals and the highlights. The season pack has them as well as every H&A game. The season pack is good value, I bought it for my mum that year. The box is just a cardboard outer and there's a bunch of regular DVD cases inside, with several games in each, from memory. It's not an overly well put together souvenir pack, but does the job of including every game. Worth it for the value of getting 25 games plus a highlights DVD, plus a second copy of the Grand Final on Blu-Ray. I can't remember if it includes multiple radio commentaries for the grand final or not, though.

The Victory Pack has the 3 finals and the highlights. The season pack has them as well as every H&A game. The season pack is good value, I bought it for my mum that year. The box is just a cardboard outer and there's a bunch of regular DVD cases inside, with several games in each, from memory. It's not an overly well put together souvenir pack, but does the job of including every game. Worth it for the value of getting 25 games plus a highlights DVD, plus a second copy of the Grand Final on Blu-Ray. I can't remember if it includes multiple radio commentaries for the grand final or not, though.
I've got the full season pack and it has multiple commentary on the blues ray for sure. Dont know about the DVD copy (I haven't watched that one).

It is definitely worth it. There are games from 2006 that I'd like to watch now, but I cant find them in any decent resolution. If I had a similar pack from then, I'd have no issues.

I watched every single game over the past 2 weeks. I have the complete box set.

I watched it using VLC on my laptop, which gave me the added bonus of having keyboard shortcuts to;
- Skip forward 3 seconds.
- Skip forward 10 seconds.
- Skip forwards 1 minute.

This way;
- Every mark in the backline = Skip 6 seconds
- Every mark in the forward line = Skip 30 seconds
- Every opposition goal = Skip 1 minute
- etc.

It allowed me to get through the season a lot quicker, I could watch an entire game in one hour (it took me a bit longer because I did some screen recordings as I watched).

Amazing what you pick up watching the games again when you don't care about the results because you know the ending is so beautiful. For example, how good Jack Redden was, how well Lecras started the season, how Gaff is possibly the best user of the ball in the midfield, how Ryan made an immediate impact at AFL level, how well Venables was tracking pre-ankle injury and how well he tackles.

I recommend it if you have the time, but I personally wouldn't spend 2 hours watching a game when you can skip the boring parts of a loss and finish the game in 1 hour.

Back