2018 Prospects / Never again list

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeo benefit at all from pridda and mitchell retiringretiringA? A chance of more mid time? A lock if mid/def

Haven't looked at the numbers.
But to my understanding Yeo scored more across half back than he did when playing as a mid.
So hopefully Wet Toast unearth some powerful mids so Yeo can mop up across HB.

From the Gold Coast board regarding Weller

Further my Dads family are all from Fremantle. One of my cousins knows one of the fitness staff. He said Weller is the best runner and pound for pound has the most power /strength at the Club. They fully expected him to become a midfield beast. That's why they were trying to lock him in for 4 years. Lyon was gutted apparently and pissed that's why they wouldn't accept anything but a top 4 and Lyon detailed that to the FFC board who accepted that and signed off on it.
And forgot to mention they consider him the best field kick at the Club. And he has been played out of position at half back doing the Ross Lyon defence education.
Will get 30+ in the midfield bank it in.

Love me a SC defender who plays as a mid in his team

From the Gold Coast board regarding Weller

Further my Dads family are all from Fremantle. One of my cousins knows one of the fitness staff. He said Weller is the best runner and pound for pound has the most power /strength at the Club. They fully expected him to become a midfield beast. That's why they were trying to lock him in for 4 years. Lyon was gutted apparently and pissed that's why they wouldn't accept anything but a top 4 and Lyon detailed that to the FFC board who accepted that and signed off on it.
And forgot to mention they consider him the best field kick at the Club. And he has been played out of position at half back doing the Ross Lyon defence education.
Will get 30+ in the midfield bank it in.

Love me a SC defender who plays as a mid in his team
Sounds delicious. Hopefully Dew plays him in the guts. Think Miller may thrive if played in the guts

HEATERRRRRRR no wilson
I reckon Shaw will play a more defensive role with Wilson gone
Zac Williams more chance to go 100+ next year imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The trio of Sydney mids will be unders for their potential and will all look good at the mid $500k range

Hanners ~$530k
View attachment 425522

Parker ~$535k
View attachment 425524

JPK ~$540k

Usually I consider JPK every year prior to Round 1, however it will be my first SC year that I put a line through him.

Average over the first 6 weeks vs the last 16:
Hanners: 90.8 | 99.9
Parker: 98 | 102
JPK: 103.8 | 102

Hannebery actually averaged 105.5 between rounds 3-6 if you exclude the first two rounds when he was supposedly a bit sore. Has to be a reason for the significant drop off this year since they only averaged 100-102 over the period of 14 wins/2 losses. One player is an outlier, all three is a trend.

Agreed
To add to that Heeney, Jones, Papley and Hewett got more mid time this year and this will continue going forward:

Hanners is an interesting one. He spent a lot of time up forward this year and I think it was more due to him being managed rather than any particular role or structure, I actually think he could be MID/FWD and if that is the case he is worth a punt.

I saw him live in three games this year:
Saints at Etihad (R8/9?): he was definitely playing hurt.
Melbourne at G: was moving better and had a big first half, once we got 5/6 goals up midway through the 3rd he got parked in the forward line.
Geelong in EF: was shithaus like the rest of his teammates

Other than that I might have a nibble at Parker, it will depend on the draw.

Now Cartlon are Gibbs-Less I'm locking in this sexy beast and will be stalking him all preseason, that's me on the left :)

Patrick+Cripps+Brendon+Bolton+uQYSmD4vWqxm.jpg

Lobb is lookin' ripe for a breakout, but if he's not R/F then I'm also interested in Lycett (~315k). Should he be fit, which is a big if.

Know that Lycett is on a few 'never again' lists, so would be a good pod option too.

Love a R/F swing, but they aren't the most durable or consistent buggers are they. Ryder this year was golden, but there won't be that sort of luxury in 2018. If Lobb and our Lycett are our best options for a swingset, the risk of a R/F swing might be greater than just hoping one of your two main set and forget rucks avoid injury. Can thank people who selected Tom Boyd this year for that lesson :D

[edit: Lycett DPP also interesting prospect as cover for Nicnat]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back