2019 Ladder Predictor

Noooch

Rookie
Nov 21, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Since the AFL don't like to release their ladder predictor until the middle of the season I have made one up in excel for anyone who wants to predict the ladder down the the exact percentage.

Open the "Rounds" tab, then put the score in the appropriate cell for each game in each round. The ladder is then automatically updated on a separate tab called "Ladder".
Don't change any cells that are already filled as this could mess up the structure of the file.

The ladder does error if 2 teams have the exact same wins and percentage but that's too much effort to fix, plus the chances of this happening in a real season is too low to warrant a fix.

Download link is below
https://www.mediafire.com/file/lfmw2637869abrt/AFL_Ladder_Predictor_2019.xlsx/file

Noooch

Rookie
Nov 21, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Ahhh gotcha. Probably in the wrong subforum then I suppose. Mods might be able to fix it up.
Yeah, first thread I've posted so I most likely got something wrong. How do I go about getting it fixed up properly.

dylan93

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yeah, first thread I've posted so I most likely got something wrong. How do I go about getting it fixed up properly.

That's all good mate. A moderator will come across this thread at some point in the near future and move it to a board that is more suitable. Don't stress haha. :D

Young Gun #6

Norm Smith Medallist
May 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Juventus, Suns
86815485-B17F-4E31-9783-731E1ACFD73C.png

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
View attachment 580570

Did auto-pick for every round and... well...
Yeah. :drunk:
Seems legit. I like it for some reason although we are stiff to miss top 2 let alone top 4 with 18 wins...

I did it but didn't save it. Fair to say there was a logjam from 6-14 with 2 wins in it. Ended up, as expected with

1. Richmond
18. Gold Coast

The rest was meh. Think I had the Dees and West Coast high too.

Noooch

Rookie
Nov 21, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Well apparently this is obsolete now. Never expected the AFL to actually be productive and get their predictor online early. Feel free to delete this thread mods if wanted. I can't see an option to do that myself.

Rhysswans13

Team Captain
Sep 3, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
My Ladder Predictions for 2019:
1. Melbourne- Have been building (for a very long time) and should take the next step this year after a impressive 2018 campaign.
2. GWS- After a couple of preliminary finals and semi final exits I think they will be the front runners for most of 2019.
3. Sydney- Talented side and with a good run of injuries, nothing less than a top four finish should be expected.
4. Richmond- What an impressive 2 years from the Tigers. No reason they won’t go close again.
5. Adelaide- I expect them to rebound from a poor 2018. Have the talent to push deep into September.
6. Collingwood- Sensational effort to make the grand final last year. How will they fare as the hunted?
7. West Coast- The reigning premier will be there abouts. Again, how will they fare as the hunter?
8. Western Bulldogs- I believe the Sons of the West will be the surprise packet in 2019.
9. Essendon- Probably have the talent to finish a lot higher. Happy to be proven wrong.
10. Carlton- Another big improver in 2019. The time is now Blue Baggers.
11. North Melbourne- Inconsistent. Could finish top 4 or bottom 4.
12. Hawthorn- Could forgive them for having an off year after an outstanding 10 or so years near the top.
13. Geelong- Professional team. Definitely could finish a lot higher but I think they need to improve in the ruck and forward line.
14. Fremantle- Young side going through a transitional stage.
15. Brisbane- Like Fremantle, young side that still needs a couple of years to build.
16. St Kilda- I really want to see the Saints do well. Probably my second favourite team after the Swans. But I just can’t see it with their current team.
17. Gold Coast- A fresh start. Will snag a few wins and hopefully play an attractive brand of footy for their fans.
18. Port Adelaide- Sorry Power fans. Something just seems off at Alberton Oval. Wooden Spooners.

PREMIERS 2019- GWS

Back