2019 MotoGP

Remove this Banner Ad

I was looking up the 1949 season due to that poster. 6 rounds, but the best 3 results count. That means Leslie Graham wins with 30pts, having scored 31. Two guys scored more than him! 125 champ Nello Pagani scored 40, but only 29 counted. Arciso Artesiani scored 32, but 25 conuted.

I wonder why it was that was when all results counted for some of the other classes?

Politics

Imagine of mental people would go if it reverted to that? 3 races count of 6, as opposed to all of 19?

Can you imagine if you went back in time and told the GP community back then that in the future all of 19 races would count?

They probably think that is ******!

There was a period not super long ago where the points were taken minus the worst one or two races. I think they had similar in touring cars. Nowadays is more unforgiving from that point of view but the length of the season gives opportunity to make up for poor performance. Except for competing against Marquez this year...

At least bring back sidecars .IMO .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Only if we want a nicely oiled up circuit...

There was a period not super long ago where the points were taken minus the worst one or two races. I think they had similar in touring cars. Nowadays is more unforgiving from that point of view but the length of the season gives opportunity to make up for poor performance. Except for competing against Marquez this year...

Only if we want a nicely oiled up circuit...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

SO the history relevant to Australia is that Harry Hinton and Eric McPherson were the first Aussies to compete in 500s, participating in the opening round of the IoM TT. Hinton though was the first to then participate in a GP in the Netherlands.

But that was also a TT? He competed in the Belgian GP anyway.

1950 - 4 of the 6 races count and Umberto Masetti gets up. Geoff Duke won the most races with 3, but one of them was the IoM TT and Masetti didn't compete in that.

Harry Hinton becomes the first Australian to get a 500 podium (His only one), at the Dutch TT.

With Ken Kavanagh passing away, it reminded me of an interview of his I read years ago. He never returned to Australia and lived in Italy. It was brought up the big contracts riders were getting and riders like him didn't get. I don't know what he was doing for an income, but he mentioned that Masetti was working at a petrol station, and customers would have no idea who he was.

Johann Zarco is back on the grid next year, replacing Karel Abraham at Avintia Ducati.

Andrea Iannone will not be back on the grid next year, failing a drugs test with an anabolic steroid found in his system.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't see a new thread, but this will be Rossis last in the factory squad.

Quartararo to take the seat in 2021

Didn't see a new thread, but this will be Rossis last in the factory squad.

Quartararo to take the seat in 2021

Yep saw this just before. Hopefully he can still get a ride with another team, if he wants to continue racing any longer. At least Yamaha gave him one more year of racing, after all he did for them over the years. deserves it.

Good Luck to Fabio.