Teams 2019 Fantasy - Rate My Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Witts to Gawn is exactly 127k. I'd go for that to be honest, although I think Witts will safely average 95.

If not, Burgess to Collins. Better JS for my mind.
Yeah I did notice the gawn move but don't want to be left with $0 haha.

I'll have to have a look at Collins thanks for the tip

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Thoughts on Alex Witherden, seems to me he'll increase his average over last year by ten points from kick ins alone

Ok, here goes:

B: Lloyd, Mills, Smith, Williams, Clark, Duursma - Hore, Scrimshaw

M: Macrae, Coniglio, Treloar, Brayshaw, B Crouch, Libba, Walsh, Smith - Scott, Atkins

R: Grundy, English - Fort, Flynn

F: Danger, Dunkley, Boak, Lukosius, Setterfield, Drew - Parker, Burgess

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I need someone to critique my team. I've been going over it all day and feel as though I'm still not happy, probably due to the defence.

Def: J.Lloyd, B.Smith, Z.Williams, J.Ridley, J.Clark, X.Duursma (D.Joyce, M.Hore)
Mid: S.Coniglio, A.Brayshaw, M.Crouch, Z.Merrett, B.Crouch, T.Liberatore, S.Walsh, B.Scott (T.Atkins, M.Gibbons)
Ruc: M.Gawn, J.Witts (D.Fort, T.Xerri)
Fwd: P.Dangerfield, J.Dunkley, T.Kelly, J.Billings, W.Setterfield, W.Drew (C.Burgess, M.Parker)

My thought is to maybe put M.Crouch down to Sheed and then Ridley up to Crisp but then I do like having Crouch in there. Or maybe even Billings to Worpel and then Crouch up to Cripps.

Too many tough choices
Nice team. Witts pick will be interesting.
Ok, here goes:

M: Macrae, Coniglio, Treloar, Brayshaw, B Crouch, Libba, Walsh, Smith - Scott, Atkins

Far out, your M1-4 is the best I've seen! I reckon Macrae and Cogs will finish 1-2 in total points for the comp, and yours is the first side I've seen to have them both. and the rest of your team holds up fairly well.
Lukosius I'm not sold on, but I could be wrong.
Good luck mate.

My final team:

DEF: Newman, Z.Williams, B.Smith, Ridley, Clark, Duursma - Scrimshaw, Hore

MID: Macrae, Brayshaw, Steele, Taranto, B.Crouch, Libba, Walsh, Butters - Constable, B.Scott

RUC: Grundy, Gawn - Fort, Sweet

FWD: Danger, Dunkley, Kelly, Worpel, Setterfield, Drew - Burgess, Parker

Far out, your M1-4 is the best I've seen! I reckon Macrae and Cogs will finish 1-2 in total points for the comp, and yours is the first side I've seen to have them both. and the rest of your team holds up fairly well.
Lukosius I'm not sold on, but I could be wrong.
Good luck mate.

Thanks mate, had an ideal plan for the year - even in rough form for a little while, but it took a long while to all come together.

Having said that, Grundy's start tonight wasn't ideal.

The Lukosius call is a bit risky, but I think he's got good JS and the Saints don't have the best defence at the minute, so he's a chance to earn a few points. If he's a disaster, he can be downgraded if a forward rookie really shines....

Thanks mate, had an ideal plan for the year - even in rough form for a little while, but it took a long while to all come together.

Having said that, Grundy's start tonight wasn't ideal.

The Lukosius call is a bit risky, but I think he's got good JS and the Saints don't have the best defence at the minute, so he's a chance to earn a few points. If he's a disaster, he can be downgraded if a forward rookie really shines....
I like the the Lukosius pick actually. He’s not your typical key forward, more of a 3rd tall, and you’d expect him to play all 22 this year. Considering the basement rookies, or lack of, up forward I’ll be keeping an eye on him for a quick fix next week at f5/6.

Ok, here goes:

Similar side to mine, also rocking Macrae, Coniglio, Treloar, Grundy, Danger but I have 2 defender premos and spent up to get Laird so 1 less fwd premo.

Can't get too disappointed about the hindsight calls (waiting on Grundy etc) otherwise you won't enjoy fantasy at all. Just roll with the ups and downs.
Unless you find a Back to the Future sports almanac, you won't nail everything.

One of the drafts of my 2015 Team from the thread

This is my side at the moment barring any selections crises' with rookies. There seems to be a good crop of both Mid Pricers and Rookies this year so I tried to load up on both.

DEFENCE
L. Hodge | J. Newnes | K. Kolodjashnij [B. Smedts]
B. Sheppard | G. Ibbotson | B. Goodes [J. Hamling]

MIDFIELD
T. Lockcliff | S. Pendlebury | D. Beams | A. Treloar [C. Ellis-Yolmen]
L. Neale | D. Rich | B. Newton | P. Cripps [A. Vandenberg]

RUCK
N. Naitanui [S. McKernan]
M. Leunberger [M. Cox]

FORWARDS
B. Deledio | D. Swan | T. Mitchell [M. Honeychurch]
T. Menzel | C. Salem | M. Clarke [K. Lambert]

My issues i'm still tossing up with are as follows
  • Is Kalphabet worth the risk, he is priced fairly highly. I'm not sure if he can explode like everyone here hopes
  • D. Beams, how will he go at Brisbane? Can he get back to one of the top 3 or 4 mids like he was a couple of years ago, is there anyone else with more upside in his price range?
  • Berger, will he be fit and ready? If not it could drastically change my side
  • Deledio, out of Deledio, Goddard, Martin and Gray who do i go? I've been burnt by Deledio before but he does have the history of averaging consistent high scores. But Martin might be the way to go. Goddard is an unknown quantity as it is hard to see how the bans will effect him. Will he get more or less points playing in a team of VFL players
  • Is the Menz worth the punt? I could donwgrade him to a Jesse Hogan type and use the cash to upgrade Luey, or Titchell if the time comes but at this moment I just feel Menz will explode

Dane Swan and Tom Mitchell as forwards <3

Cripps as a rooki who went on to avergae 86 and play 20 games <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back