2020 Breakout

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 2, 2009
Penguin
AFL Club
Carlton
With all the negative threads on the main board I thought I’d start a positive one to balance it out a bit. Below is a list of players from afl teams who I think are going to break out in 2020.

Definition of a breakout: They’ve not been in the top 10 of there BnF and will reach that standard at least as well as improve statically across the board and have yet to play 100 games of footy.

Adelaide: Darcy Fogarty
Brisbane: Cameron Rayner
Carlton: David Cuningham
Collingwood: Darcy Cameron
Essendon: Dylan Clark
Fremantle: Sean Darcy
Geelong: Charlie constable
GC: Izak Rankine
GWS: Harry Perryman
Hawthorn: Jack scrimshaw
Melbourne: Sam Weideman
North Melbourne: Cameron Zurhaar
Port Adelaide: Willem Drew
Richmond: Marlion Pickett
St. Kilda: Hunter Clark
Sydney: Robbie Fox
West Coast: Jack Petrucelle
Western Bulldogs: Ed Richards

Note: you don’t need to comment about other clubs other than your own if you don’t want. I though it would be a good conversation starter if I chose who I thought was ready to break out.

Last edited:

Shai Bolton

got himself into the Sr team this year and now next year I feel he’s ready to take the next step understanding what’s required to take his game to the next level

also the fact he’s finally starting to get some meat on his frame after another pre season he will be ready to spend longer periods in the midfield

Stephenson I skipped over because I thought he made top 10 in 2018. But after checking found otherwise.

Would have this year if not for the 'incident'.

The cat's already out of the bag with him. The bloke's a jumbo jet.

I'll nominate Brayden Sier from the Pies. He had a wake up call this year after showing huge promise in '17. I can see him really establishing himself.

Sydney: Jordan Dawson. Gun, great skills, finds the footy. Ready to make the next jump and become a star I reckon.
Saints: Hunter Clark. Pretty obvious answer this one but reckon he becomes a full time mid next year with Hanners being injured and should flourish.
Gold Coast: Braden Fiorini. Started putting up good numbers this year, reckon he could make the jump to elite next year.
Bulldogs: Bailey Smith. Look for him to improve on an already very impressive first year. Plays with mongrel and campaigner. Exactly what we need at the kennel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I might be the only person in Australia who thinks this but I reckon if Bombers played Kyle Langford as an inside mid rather than mostly forward he could have a break out year.

I might be the only person in Australia who thinks this but I reckon if Bombers played Kyle Langford as an inside mid rather than mostly forward he could have a break out year.

Dunkley early 2019 effect. Surely Langford is good enough for a run in the Bombers midfield.

jarrod berry, injuries impacted his year but the last half of the gws final made me believe.
darcy tucker just keeps on getting better
jack silvangi
marlion pickett

and obviously zac clarke goes to a third club and wins the brownlow

Sydney: Jordan Dawson. Gun, great skills, finds the footy. Ready to make the next jump and become a star I reckon.
Saints: Hunter Clark. Pretty obvious answer this one but reckon he becomes a full time mid next year with Hanners being injured and should flourish.
Gold Coast: Braden Fiorini. Started putting up good numbers this year, reckon he could make the jump to elite next year.
Bulldogs: Bailey Smith. Look for him to improve on an already very impressive first year. Plays with mongrel and campaigner. Exactly what we need at the kennel.
Dawson came 9th this year ❌
Fiorini top 5 this year top 10 last year ❌

jarrod berry, injuries impacted his year but the last half of the gws final made me believe.
darcy tucker just keeps on getting better
jack silvangi
marlion pickett

and obviously zac clarke goes to a third club and wins the brownlow
Silvagni probably had the break out late this year under Teague but not quite enough to get into the top 10. Next year every chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back