Position 2020 Forwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Can any Port fans provide any info on Ebert? Started last year in great form but then his scores dropped off a cliff after his injury. I assume that was down to a role change? Any suggestions on his role for 2020? I feel he’s really flying under the radar as a forward who could go back the midfield.
As mentioned before played predominately forward last year, was probably, and sadly, our best forward till his concussion issues, was going at 100 ppg. Supposedly fit again and I'd say he plays mostly forward, a bit of time in mids particularly with Wines out. Reckon he could go 90 odd so on my radar but primarily because forwards are trash and I'm leaning towards 4x midpricers, Hill then rooks. Favouring Chad, Smith, Steven and Lynch before him.

Think I’m gonna go with my gut on bailey smith

Had 20 touches 10 times last year
75, 86, 86, 87, 87, 88, 91, 98, 101, 104

Can see him averaging 20+ disposals comfortably in 2020 and if any of the gun rookies from last year do an Oliver and go to 100+ in year 2 it’ll be him and walsh at the top.

He’ll only get better and the dogs play a high scoring brand of footy

Averaged 85 the last 9 games and is priced at 76. Anyone else thinking about him?

Or are other mid pricers like de goey Dawson lynch wingard brayshaw acres Steven all that you’re thinking about? Would need to average 90+ to justify my pick but don’t think it’s unrealistic after a full pre season and probably next in line after the big 3 at the Dogs!
He will have a huge second year with a full preseason, but not worth it for me.

Can any Port fans provide any info on Ebert? Started last year in great form but then his scores dropped off a cliff after his injury. I assume that was down to a role change? Any suggestions on his role for 2020? I feel he’s really flying under the radar as a forward who could go back the midfield.
Stay away from Ebert.

One more head knock and his career is just about over.

Played permanently in the forward line last year.

Who knows what that muppet Hinkley will do this year.

All four of the Cats players selected for the State of Origin Bushfire clash – Hawkins, Patrick Dangerfield, Mark Blicavs and Zach Tuohy – are in the mix to take on the Suns, while Tom Atkins is a firm chance to be given an opportunity in the midfield.

Atkins has been close to Geelong’s best performer this summer and the 24-year-old set to be rewarded with a return to the position he dominated at VFL level before being rookie-listed.

Can see him averaging 20+ disposals comfortably in 2020 and if any of the gun rookies from last year do an Oliver and go to 100+ in year 2 it’ll be him and walsh at the top.

Averaged 85 the last 9 games and is priced at 76. Anyone else thinking about him?

Or are other mid pricers like de goey Dawson lynch wingard brayshaw acres Steven all that you’re thinking about? Would need to average 90+ to justify my pick but don’t think it’s unrealistic after a full pre season and probably next in line after the big 3 at the Dogs!
I’m tempted with my doggies tinted glasses on. But I’m concerned there are enough points to go around with the the big 3, Daniel, English plus Lipinski on the rise.

Was only draft eligible by 2 weeks and had very little pre-season last year.
Very highly rated internally, I have him in my team right now.

Gotta admit, i despise the forwards this year.

Thinking about going very thin there and spending money else where.
Yep, my plan. Running 6 premos in the mids.

Is Robbie Gray cooked in terms of SC? Really want to pick him at that price

His averages are trending down. Not for me.

I'm seeing plenty of value there. Can't even fit Dusty in and Shill is in Def. 😳😳

But forward rookies are always the WORST! Tread carefully, don't want to be stuck with a few spud rookies stuck on ~$150k and not playing... or worse, playing and scoring 20

But forward rookies are always the WORST! Tread carefully, don't want to be stuck with a few spud rookies stuck on ~$150k and not playing... or worse, playing and scoring 20

I dunno man.

Izak Rankine, Bonner, Brander, Golds, Close, Stephen Hill up forward if you want and add in a severely underpriced Devon Smith.

I think there is enough to fill out F3 (D.Smith) to Bench with Whitfield and Martin as the 2 rolled gold premos.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dunno man.

Izak Rankine, Bonner, Brander, Golds, Close, Stephen Hill up forward if you want and add in a severely underpriced Devon Smith.

I think there is enough to fill out F3 (D.Smith) to Bench with Whitfield and Martin as the 2 rolled gold premos.
Yeah good point. Hopefully some of these rookies shine over the next month and a bit

Yeah good point. Hopefully some of these rookies shine over the next month and a bit

Only 3 players averaged 100 in the forward line, and i can see it potentially only being 1 or 2 this year that go 100+
On top of that only 5 guys who averaged in the 90s.

Needle in a haystack trying to pick the couple of guys who go from outside the top 15 forwards that could jump into top 6-8.

Hopefully some players stick out in the couple of pre season games who show they can average 90-100 (Greenwood, Dawson, Lipinski, Rozee, B.Smith, Wingard)

But as of right now i like the defense alot better for increases on 2019 averages, especially the modern game and the cheap possies in defence.

You've got Sicily who should play all year in defense 100+ incoming
Brodie Smith switched to the midfield which should benefit both him and Laird
Dan Houston's midfield move
Howe severely underpriced for a guy who averaged 90+ in 2016/17/18
And can't forget the Doc although he's missed alot of footy.

If the rookies present themselves in the forward line, it's going to be thinner in my forwards than Brent Guerra's hair before the toupe.

Told myself I wouldn’t get sucked into midpricers this year, only to end up with a forward line that includes Wingard, Steven, and Smith. Needs some adjustments.

Unless Wingard gets at least a 40/60 midfield/forward split you can put a line through him.

Devon Smith is a must if fit, he'll slot straight back into the same role he played the previous season.

Jack Steven is the unknown, is he fit? Had a little set back, what role will he play?
If he doesn't play the pre season games you can't start with him.. Yuge risk!

Can Jade Greshem take it up a notch to a 90+ average this season? Raised the bat 6 times last year and had a solid first and last month to the season. Only in 1% of teams.

The Teams for saints n hawks for marsh opener is up.

Ben Long listed on the HB. This is a good sign. Also Ceglar has been put as ruck while Mcevoy is playing in the back line.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back